2015 Draft - 2nd pick: Caleb Jones

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
"He’s going to be just as tall as me and is going to weigh more than me. He’s going to be a little thicker, so I’ve got to put him in his place now while I can.”
- Seth Jones

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Going to Portland next year.. I like the pick.

That's good to hear, a good development situation is a great thing to have for a diamond in the rough. Future Considerations basic summation on this guy is he's a great skater, good hands, makes smart plays with the puck, prioritizes defense over offense and has more of a nasty edge then his brother. With a projection of being a bottom pairing two-way d-man.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
Jun 9, 2011
He isn't as big as Seth, but I LOVE this pick. Just being on the U18 team recently gives him some swagger. I doubt he is 'bait' for Seth, but if it tips the scale in our favour a few years from now then so be it. :)

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

"He’s going to be just as tall as me and is going to weigh more than me. He’s going to be a little thicker, so I’ve got to put him in his place now while I can.â€
- Seth Jones

when did he say this?

how tall was Seth at 17? was 6'4 at 18 at his draft (late '94 that year)

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Ha! Yeah, I read that quote, too. http://thehockeywriters.com/caleb-jones-following-path-of-brother-seth/ But I seriously doubt the kid is going to put on 4 or 5 inches post draft. Can't blame Seth for trying to give his little brother a boost, though. ;)

I agree that kind of growth spurt at this point is unlikely, but in Bob Green's interview today mentioned the kid was bigger then the last time he seen him, so looks like he just had a bit of a growth spurt. He could hit 6'2 which is a nice number for a d-man.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I agree that kind of growth spurt at this point is unlikely, but in Bob Green's interview today mentioned the kid was bigger then the last time he seen him, so looks like he just had a bit of a growth spurt. He could hit 6'2 which is a nice number for a d-man.

Yep. I'd even take 6'1 for that matter. IIRC, Evander Kane was listed at 5'10 at the start of his draft year, was about 6'0 at the WJC, is 6'2 now. Some guys grow a bit still up to the age of 19.

Good blood lines, good athleticism and headed to one of the best CHL programs out there. Could be a home run.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010

6'2" would be nice but, honestly, even if he never grows past 6' 0" he could still be okay if he can skate and is as thick/heavy as they say. PK Subban is only 6'0" and that guy never looks small on the ice to me.

nafrelio

Aug 26, 2005
brite feuchure
Hmmmmm... Strange, considering his father was a big man in the NBA. Anyway, he sounds like a good pick. A definite bonus that he's going to the Winterhawks.

True, but his mother could be 4'7".

I really wonder about Seth's comment and if he feels there's any truth in it. Are there any scientific methods of measure that show he's still got significant room to grow?

Oct 30, 2011
True, but his mother could be 4'7".

I really wonder about Seth's comment and if he feels there's any truth in it. Are there any scientific methods of measure that show he's still got significant room to grow?

growth plates?

not like we are going to get that kind of info though :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad