2015 Development Camp

Catsfan7

Jun 6, 2011
Coral Springs, FL
This was a nice intense session.... They didn't do a legit scrimmage but they did 4 on 4, some 3 on 3, a little 2 on 2 and even a couple 1 on 1's. High energy and a lot of skill in this group... I'll have my full writeup later.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
While I have a few minutes I'll put together a quick recap of who stood out to me the most and of some of the key guys. Ask questions if I don't hit what you want.

Brickley - Good net front presence. Scored a goal from there once and overall was noticeable.

Crouse - Very good. His heavy shot was very noticeable. Scored 3 goals. First was a breakaway that he tucked in just under the bar on a backhand. Second was a nice move to cut to the middle through traffic and release a wrist shot back across his body that found its way in. Third was an odd man rush in which he was fed the puck on his off wing and wasted no time blasting a one timer in. Had some nice stick handling as well. Perhaps his most noticeable play was a bad turnover in either the 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 which gave the opposition a breakaway where the guy had a good 5 step head start on Crouse. Crouse busted it back and took the puck away in front of the net before the guy could get a shot off.

Fidler - Good speed and puck protection to beat the defenders around the wing a couple times.

Grimaldi - His usual ball of energy self but he didn't find a way to convert any chances really. Often showed up in the play though. Wasn't too impressive.

Hawryluk - Similar to Rocco found himself involved in the play frequently. Decent all around.

Hodges - Seems to have an impressive shot. Scored at least once. Plays better than his production would insinuate.

Lammikko - Showed some nice skill on a couple of occasions by converting on one breakaway and releasing himself for a couple more. Not bad but didn't drive the play.

Rau - Some noticeable energy and defense. About what you'd expect from him.

Brittain - Unimpressive. Poor rebound control led to at least one goal and he surrendered quite a few more.

Cowley - Outplayed Brittain today. Gave it his all laying out for a few shots.

Gallacher - Impressed today jumping up in the play a lot. Today was a good day for offensive minded D men considering the format.

Matheson - One of the most impressive. Good positioning, skating, shot. Showed off his playmaking and shot on a number of occasions. Strong defensively as well. Drove the play.

McCoshen - Not very noticeable which may not be a bad thing. As I said the more offensive minded D men were the ones who stood out.

Schemitsch - My personal most impressive of the day. Jumped up in the rush showing a lot of skill and a good shot. Scored at least once and probably another time as well. Good defensively and did a good job driving the play forward.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Considering the age, experience level and size, Crouse is just plain freaky. He did whatever he wanted to out there today in a number of different situations as mentioned above. Aside from that blunder where he got the puck poked and the guy went the other way with it, he was very good. I'd be shocked if he didn't stick with the Panthers this season.

Grimaldi is going to be valuable to a, at times, slow-moving, unmotivated Panthers team, imo. He never stops skating and competing hard. There will be some nights where that endless motor will be a subtle factor in games whether it's drawing penalties, giving the boys a spark or producing something out of nothing on a man advantage. We got a little taste last year in the Nashville game. He helped spark a quick 2 goals to get at least a point. Things like that have been quite rare in Pantherland over the last 10-15 years. That gives me a little hope.

Last edited:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Thanks again for all the updates guys. I know a lot of peeps on here have Tallon on a short leash but man, I love how he (and the scouting staff) has stocked us with some good, young talent. I truly feel we're super close.

-ghoste

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
https://ratsnpucks.wordpress.com/2015/07/03/florida-panthers-development-camp-day-3/

Here's what I got for today. Huge credit to Shane, awesome dude to talk to, smart as hell and puts up quality vines/gifs.
Yes, Shane is a nice guy and not only understands the stat game but his playing experience gives him a solid synergy of how to see the complete picture.

Great write up. Would have loved to see the Brickley/Weeger match up. Brickley is one heavy hitter although I think he's learned to turn it down a notch to prevent injury. Glad to hear Weeger showed some spunk and hopefully he is coming along in the D zone. No question about his offensive ability, it's just a matter of improving over last years defensive mistakes.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Yes, Shane is a nice guy and not only understands the stat game but his playing experience gives him a solid synergy of how to see the complete picture.

Great write up. Would have loved to see the Brickley/Weeger match up. Brickley is one heavy hitter although I think he's learned to turn it down a notch to prevent injury. Glad to hear Weeger showed some spunk and hopefully he is coming along in the D zone. No question about his offensive ability, it's just a matter of improving over last years defensive mistakes.

-ghoste

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I remember when people used to panic about Grimaldi's religious beliefs. Doesn't look like its a problem at all. Kid runs his mouth like one of the boys :)

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Why did they panic?

Rocco is a very religious person. On draft day a lot of people were wondering if it could affect the room. He doesn't drink or party and all that so people were a bit scared once he makes it pro where the women basically throw themselves at you and you party like an athlete.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Rocco is a very religious person. On draft day a lot of people were wondering if it could affect the room. He doesn't drink or party and all that so people were a bit scared once he makes it pro where the women basically throw themselves at you and you party like an athlete.

Ah, ok. I know he's religious and all but that seems a bit silly lol. But it's still reassuring to see everyone getting along so well.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Ah, ok. I know he's religious and all but that seems a bit silly lol. But it's still reassuring to see everyone getting along so well.

Agreed, it was a bit over the top. He's a pro and he knows how to act like one. Yeah there seems to be a huge connection with everyone in the room which is awesome.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Every year Rocco develops a bromance with someone on the team. First Huberdeau, Beauvilier and now Hawerlyuk. He's great in the locker room. Sounds like he makes an effort to interact with everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad