2015 Development Camp

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Since he's not NCAA, I guess the Cats would have had to pay his airfare. I could see them not doing that if the guy is going to stay in the Swiss league. I think the Cats have his rights for 4 yrs, so we'll see what happens. He may feel we have too many small guys already.
It's been mentioned several times already that he wasn't at the draft, hence why he isn't going to appear at the camp from Europe on a day's notice.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
It's been mentioned several times already that he wasn't at the draft, hence why he isn't going to appear at the camp from Europe on a day's notice.
Obviously I don't read all the posts. Thanks for taking the time to bring me up to speed.

Since I read somewhere his dream is to play in the NHL, I would think he would have wanted to be here. He was projected to be a 3rd or 4th rounder by some analysts. I see he was drafted by a team in the Q and also the KHL. Apparently he wants to stick with the Swiss league at least another year or longer and play for Guy Boucher who is said to be very high on him. I know some of these guys get cold feet about the culture shock as Tallon is not noted for stocking the AHL with players from across the pond. Let's hope he makes the jump next year, otherwise he may decide to stay in his comfort zone.

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
If you really think a decision like that comes down to paying airfare ($1000 roundtrip tops) thats pretty laughable. I believe Tallon mentioned it was because he had already started preseason/training with his Swiss team. They also mentioned he is a guy that will need to spend some time maturing his game as well as physically maturing. He is also playing against men in his league (granted, lesser quality but still)

I like tthe pick, kind of a gamble but good upside for a 4h rounder

Viola owns his own airline company. I'd give it a <2% chance this has anything to do with airfare.

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
While you're probably right that airfare had nothing to do with it, I thought his airline only flies to Cuba. Could be mistaken though.

Still, any airline company probably has a handful of planes sitting around waiting for their next booking. There used to be a deal with some smaller airlines when they needed to move planes from a to b that you could get really cheap tickets. I'm sure there is some way that he could get connections from wherever to wherever whenever he needs it. It's probably just not a priority to get a 4th rounder from Switzerland to Florida overnight.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I like Rau and I hope he can find his way to the NHL someday just so we can see what the NHL combo of Bjugstad and Rau looks like. They were a very dominant pair in the NCAA for a long stretch of games. Not saying it'll be the same, but maybe something could be there one day.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
While you're probably right that airfare had nothing to do with it, I thought his airline only flies to Cuba. Could be mistaken though.
You are right. The airline is flying only charters to Havana out of Miami at present. Eastern Airlines will eventually become a hybrid scheduled/charter type airline that will serve the Caribbean where they will possibly wet lease some of their new Mitsubishi RJ's to carriers that don't want to purchase a fleet. They will also fly some of those a/c for themselves on routes to the Caribbean where they aren't directly competing against their business partners. The rest of their new fleet of 737-800's and the Mitsubishi RJ will be assigned to domestic routes in NA, with possibly some of the 737-800's doing some international flying to Central America and South America. Those routes are dominated today by Jetblue, Spirit, and to some extent Southwest and other legacy carriers. You can also count on Vacation Charters that will bring people in to gamble at the new DRH if they get approval.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
The end of today's session was the best part:

Grimaldi was the last one off the ice today again. He helped pick up pucks, move the nets for the zam and took a minute to snap a couple pictures for young fans. RG and Matheson were the last ones off and they were both clowning around, shooting pucks at each other. Crouse was one of the last ones off too. A small group of 5 including Crouse, Grimaldi and Matheson were messing around. Grimaldi nearly went under Crouse's legs, but really just slid the puck past him and deked around him and stuffed in a goal. Crouse was laughing. Also, McCabe and Crouse were practicing throwing the puck in the net; cause Crouse is throwing out the first pitch tonight at the Marlins game. McCabe whiffed on the throw and Crouse started laughing uncontrollably. After gathering himself he made a pretty decent throw of the puck into the top corner of the net. This was all after the session was over mind you.

The session itself was pretty intense. Coach Vincent was pushing these guys hard today I thought.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
So does tomorrow start at 10 as per the Panthers PR twitter or at 9 as per the website?

Catsfan7

Jun 6, 2011
Coral Springs, FL
So does tomorrow start at 10 as per the Panthers PR twitter or at 9 as per the website?

I'd guess 10... My day two recap should be up in a few minutes, so I'll give y'all a little video for now... Just something lol.

https://video-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...87c4623d527c4506504c350fd32d&oe=55961799&dl=1

Edit: Here it is. I agree with AaronEkbald how it's nice to see these guys having so much fun with it.

https://ratsnpucks.wordpress.com/2015/07/02/florida-panthers-development-camp-day-2/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad