Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Floor hockey

Rocco vs the kids

nsmil.gif

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I've attended every development camp since Dale Tallon was hired and this one clearly housed the most skill, speed and natural ability of all of them, imo. Maybe they were 'pushing' the kids harder than they have in the past, but the pace was great and prospect pool oozes with potential. Was bummed that Malgin couldn't be there and Josh Brown as well, but it's not imperative they be there this year.

I'd like to give credit to Paul Vincent, the skating coach, Bryan McCabe and the rest of the staff who kept it loose but controlled and high paced for these kids. Lot's of effective development drills. I loved the alternating 5on5, 4on4, 3on3, 2on2 and 1on1 full ice scrimmage. None of the kids looked bored or uninterested. Everyone was engaged every step of the way. Great stuff.

Catsfan7

Jun 6, 2011
Coral Springs, FL
I've attended every development camp since Dale Tallon was hired and this one clearly housed the most skill, speed and natural ability of all of them, imo. Maybe they were 'pushing' the kids harder than they have in the past, but the pace was great and prospect pool oozes with potential. Was bummed that Malgin couldn't be there and Josh Brown as well, but it's not imperative they be there this year.

I'd like to give credit to Paul Vincent, the skating coach, Bryan McCabe and the rest of the staff who kept it loose but controlled and high paced for these kids. Lot's of effective development drills. I loved the alternating 5on5, 4on4, 3on3, 2on2 and 1on1 full ice scrimmage. None of the kids looked bored or uninterested. Everyone was engaged every step of the way. Great stuff.

As someone in the same boat I have to completely, through and through, agree with every word in this post. Tallon spent 4 years loading us up with jumbos, and this year the scouting staff went small, went speed, went skill and you really saw it at this camp. I too, was really bummed about Malgin not being there but even without him the pace at this camp was just fantastic.

The coaches and Player Development guys, Spizzo, Vincent, McCabe, etc really work these guys on and off the ice, and teach them what it means to be a professional athlete, and we see the bonds being formed.

Really excited about what we have coming down the line and I truly believe we are ready to turn a corner here! Can't wait for the regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad