Prospect Info: 2015 Development Camp: July 6-12

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Borgen has Top 6 NHL D written all over him.

Rodrigues just scored a beauty. And again in the SO.

He sure does, it's easy to see why the spent a 3rd or 4th rounder on him. I don't think he will need 4 years at College.

Stephens has upside, but has a long long ways to go developmentally wise.

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
Noticed Baptiste changed his number. Did he turn up today or was he on par with Friday night?

How about Olofsson, have a good 3 x 3?

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
Royal and Navy is getting a little intense.

Olofsson hasn't looked bad from what I've seen. Haven't seen Red much on this side of the ice but Baptiste hasn't been having a great day on my end.

LetsDoughBuffalo

Apr 4, 2014
Just got back from the 3 on 3, figured I'd share my thoughts:

- This was really cool. I actually enjoyed the 3 on 3 more than the scrimmage on Friday night
- Upon seeing the teams, my pick was Team Gold to win it all. After watching their games, I can say that they absolutely dominated each one - puck possession wise. However, they just could not find ways to score all tournament long!
- Team Royal Blue was A TON of fun to watch. I would imagine that Willman and Estaphan are going to be really fun to watch with their respective teams this year. Great hands and speed on both of them
- There was a moment in the game between White and gray I believe, where there was a goal being disputed due to a shotty shift change. Eventually Eichel lost the argument, and you could just see him pick up his game right after that due to what I can only assume was, him being pissed off about the call. It was cool to see
- It was a shame that Eichel's and Reinhart's teams had to play each other in the first round of the playoffs, but there was a moment where something happened between Karabacek and Reinhart; Sam gave Vac a pretty good slash because of it. Karabacek let it go afterwards, but then Justin Kea went right after him and gave him a solid nudge, almost as if to say "watch it". Reinhart was pretty vocal as he went for his break, chirping at Karabacek. It was so awesome to see that feisty side of Samson.
- As far as notable players go... Karabacek: loved his game today, great hands, protects the puck well
- Kea: Impressive for a guy that I really hadn't considered to be a part of the Sabres future. Could develop into a decent fourth line centre
- Hurley: Damn, I keep hoping this guy will show me something. Today though, he just seemed to kind of blend in
- Baptiste: He was okay, but his quick acceleration was definitely evident at times. Hopefully he can round out the rest of his game
- I thought Fasching and Borgen were both great for Team Teal, Brady Austin however, just really bothers me as a player
- Olafsson stood out for Team Gray, wicked shot
- Team Green was awful during the round robin portion. Eric Cornel showed me absolutely nothing. His compete level is low, and even though he's a second round pick, I think he's going to have to show a lot more in Peterborough this year if he wants to earn an NHL contract
- Catenacci was probably one of the top 5 players out there today (as he should be with his age and experience), his stick-handling is really great
- The goaltenders were all pretty good. If I had to pick the best and the worst of them today, Petersen - best, and Lotz - worst

All in all a fun morning, and I cannot wait for September to roll around!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad