Prospect Info: 2015 Development Camp: July 6-12

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Glad to hear Bailey was solid. Forward speaking, Baptiste out? Not to put too much into a prospect scrimmage.

Are you talking about making the team out of camp? I don't think either has a chance. The only one of those RW'ers I think could make this team is Fasching but he's going back to college.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Are you talking about making the team out of camp? I don't think either has a chance. The only one of those RW'ers I think could make this team is Fasching but he's going back to college.

Ha. Well sir, that was not my finest drunken dribble. It's great to have those guys in the system and hopefully Bailey and Baptiste will settle into ROC nicely. I do love me some Justin Bailey though, just not sure to where I thought Baptiste was going out...

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Are these the "extended highlights"? :laugh:

I wish they showed Fasching's move along the boards before Reinhart's first goal. It was a beauty.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed with the 2 min clip. Stuck at work without a way to even watch a stream then get that "extended highlight" as consolation is disheartening. Now you know why I drink. I'll be scouring YouTube.

Russ Tyler

Jul 9, 2011
HSBC Arena
Re: Chapman
I saw a few practices this week and cringed every time I saw him. He would cheat a little bit on the drills and not go all the way to the line, then skate backwards the whole time, slowly. He moves his feet a ton and makes skating look like he's putting in a ton of effort. This was followed mostly by Florentino, who in comparison has an effortless stride and transitioned from skating forward to retrieve the puck to backwards with his head up making solid passes.

Another thing the coaching staff was preaching to the D was to have your head up ice and give a solid look before just making the pass over to your other D. Chapman was the only one that did not do this, it was making me laugh. Every time he would immediately get rid of it.

Scrimmage:
Really liked Bailey's game. He is real fast without the puck and closes in on his checks quickly. I saw him finish a few checks where I was surprised how quickly he closed in.

Samson is awesome. He really does everything right. I loved how he skated to the other side of the ice and gave his stick away after his interview. Nice move.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Imo Olofsson was the best player on the ice, really impressed.

Teams seemed imbalanced heavily

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I am a huge Eichel fan, and have been since the start of college hockey, but the kid needs to stop floating out there so much. He did it a bunch in college, at both world championships and now tonight. I know I heard some comments whether he was tired or something. He just does this way to much and will get burned in the NHL a bunch. He always needs to be moving his feet looking for angles. That floating stick jab he does while a guy goes around him drives me nuts. Hope it changes quick.

I think he and Bylsma are aware he needs to move his feet away from the puck more. It will be the difference between him being good and GREAT. I imagine this is something that will be a non issue very soon.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Eric Cornel did nothing to make me think anything other then that was a garbage pick.

I am finding some of the "under the radar" guys are passing the more we'll known prospects.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Imo Olofsson was the best player on the ice, really impressed.

Teams seemed imbalanced heavily

Definitely don't agree he was the best on the ice (Reinhart's line all brought it individually) but he was very impressive. He was incredibly crafty without much time and space. Like Eichel, he set guys up with some point blank opportunities that did not get cashed in. He has a great shot too, which he showed on the PS as well as throughout camp (according to reports). I look forward to him having a bigger role with MODO this year.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Nothing on florentino from the game?

I obviously missed it live because of the late announcement of the stream. I'm aggravated with how it was handled.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I won't argue the effectiveness of Reinhart et al, but I hold them to a bit of a higher standard playing against the little sisters of the poor ft. Jack Eichel and the ghost of Nicholas Baptiste

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Nothing on florentino from the game?

I obviously missed it live because of the late announcement of the stream. I'm aggravated with how it was handled.

He looked alright but not as stalwart as some of the players in Blue while not jumping out like frequent partner Guhle's skating. Truth be told I had a severe headache all day including throughout the game so I had a hard time paying attention to everything at once.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I won't argue the effectiveness of Reinhart et al, but I hold them to a bit of a higher standard playing against the little sisters of the poor ft. Jack Eichel and the ghost of Nicholas Baptiste

That I agree with. If we're doing it on a curve Olofsson was probably my #1 guy. He was going up against a superior team, out there against Reinhart several times, and still looked good. One of the most skilled guys in the prospect pool, mixed with good vision and offensive instincts. He impressed me a lot last year though in the first half of the season he was basically only playing on the PP. He could be a diamond in the rough. He at least deserves us hoping for it. Speaking of which, Malone being hurt for camp is easily the biggest disappointment. It was hard catching him this season with all of the time missed. I wanted to see if he looked like the near PPG player he was over a small sample size this year.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
My thoughts:

Fasching-Reinhart-Carrier line was amazing

McCabe should be in the NHL next year

Hurley and Cornel really stood out to me as well.

Olofsson was the best player on team gold.

Eichel disappointed me. He look disinterested and on one play got stripped off the puck in his own zone and didn't even try to recover from his mistake which almost led to a goal. I know it's only a scrim and he was matched up against the top line of prospects. I think he was either tired or sick, because with the competitiveness Eichel has I thought he would at least try to give some effort in front of 17K+ fans.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I'm not in that crowd but it's also a prospects game
Are you sure? Could have sworn you were the guy who said Bennett was going to be the best player in the league and that Reinhart was mediocre. Right down to passive aggressively misspelling his name in every thread.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Is the 3 on 3 tournament open to the public? I can't seem to find anything about it. I didn't get to go to the scrimmage so Id love to get the chance to see Eich up close.

Mellifleur

Aug 4, 2005
Buffalo, New York
William Carrier appreciation post. Loved his game.

So what do people think of where Carrier may slot in and what is his timeline. I always figured he was a safe shot to make it as top 9, likely on the 3rd line. Any shot of him breaking into the top 6 perhaps because he would add more of a heavy dimension to a skill line? I figure he's 2-3 years away maybe less if we slide him into a bottom 6 role to start.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00