2015 CBJ Training Camp Thread (9/18-10/3)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm working on an update to the chart and was looking for a list of one-way contracts. None of the capgeek replacement websites I've checked have a notation of whether a deal is one-way or two-way.

Outside of the prospects (Rychel, Karlsson, etc) I think the only two way deal that is a bubble guy is Falk

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I would have to think that there is little left to be sorted out the rest of training camp. The lines have stayed very very consistent - definitely moreso than any other training camp, but possibly the fewest changes in a two week period in CBJ history... Not only that, I would say the lines are pretty much what we wouldve expected after the Saad trade. Foligno, Johansen, and our new big gun on the first line... Jenner, Dubinsky manning the second. Hartnell and Wennberg continuing on the 3rd. And Calvert and Campbell on the fourth.

I will say after watching the Pittsburgh game that our first line and first pp unit looked like it could very easily be the most dominant we've ever had as well.

Just about the only thing to sort out are the last few cuts.

Saad - Johansen - Foligno
Jenner - Dubinsky - XXX
Hartnell - Wennberg - Atkinson
Calvert - Campbell - XXX

filling in the XXX's and scratches: Clarkson, Bourque, Rychel, Boll
last cuts: Karlsson, Anderson

Murray - Savard
Johnson - Tyutin
XXX - XXX

XXX's or Scratches: Prout, Goloubef, Connauton
last cuts: Falk, Bodnarchuk

Bob
Mac

Very little left to be sorted out with a few preseason games remaining.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I posted this over in the Monsters/Wings thread but am asking here as well because this is a higher traffic thread on a similar topic: Do the Jackets not allow their affiliates to release their camp roster to the public? I ask because this is the first year the Monsters haven't had their camp roster out before the first practice and a call to the team seemed to indicate that it isn't public info (not even distributed at practice).

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
A few questions I was pondering today while bored with respect to Zaar and Anderson. Both are hurt and they will likely be sent to Cleveland when healthy.

1) Do all players start receiving their paychecks again on the first day of the regular season?

2) For Zaar and Anderson, who have 2-way contracts: if they are still hurt on the first day of the season, I guess that means they collect their NHL salary until healed and sent down?

3) While no one wants to get hurt, this would mean it is financially beneficial to the player to get hurt in training camp if you were a player with a 2-way than it would be to get hurt while in the AHL. Not thinking about this with respect to these players - I'm just thinking in general terms if a player potentially had a concussion (diagnosis and return time-table more wishy-washy), there could be increased financial incentive to the player to take longer than necessary before returning, no?

Just curious and bored.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Since Bourque is out and considered "day to day", this is primetime for Kerby Rychel to lock up a roster spot on opening night. From what I have read and heard, he seems like he belongs on the roster come next friday.

20-19-71
38-17-21
43-41-13
11-9-23

Looks good in my book. Very deep and a lot of different options to put together if players aren't clicking. Now if only we could swing a trade to shore up the top 4 of the defense!

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Would really rather see Jenner on the PP than Bourque..

Also, with only 2-3 defensemen getting quality time on the PP in that situation, who draws the short end of the stick? Connauton? JJ and Savard seem like PP locks.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Updated chart:

- Blue Jackets heading is projected Opening Night 23-man roster
- Players under Monsters heading with no Monsters ("LEM") jersey number are projected to open the season in Cleveland but still in CBJ camp.
- Players in red italics are injured.
- Players in blue italics do not count against the 50-contract limit as they are still in the CHL.
- Contracts in green are players who are UFAs when their contract expires.
- NOTE: I do not know if Quenneville's AHL contract is one-year or two but that is likely irrelevant as, if he were to be offered an ELC next summer, the second year of an AHL deal could easily be torn up.
Blue%20Jackets%20roster%20chart%209-28_zps8whks5hq.png

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If Bourque is still injured then I see Rychel as a strong likelihood otherwise I don't see him sticking unless they decide to bury Boll in the AHL. It makes no sense to keep 14 F's when Rychel can play a heck of a lot more for the LEM, it saves a few $ on the cap and the ride down 71 is 2 hrs or so.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Hey how has William Karlsson looked?
A couple of people here thought he played very well in his last game against the Pens. Not sure of his overall camp but I think he's been decent. Some mentioned he looks bigger/stronger then last season. Not sure if he makes the team though. Not much roster space and would be pointless to have him as the extra forward so might as well play in the AHL. If Rychel doesn't make the team, one of those 2 could be the first call up if a injury takes place.

MaKi

Marschak's #1 Fan
Apr 13, 2007
Marschak's Bandwagon
I would have to think that there is little left to be sorted out the rest of training camp. The lines have stayed very very consistent - definitely moreso than any other training camp, but possibly the fewest changes in a two week period in CBJ history... Not only that, I would say the lines are pretty much what we wouldve expected after the Saad trade. Foligno, Johansen, and our new big gun on the first line... Jenner, Dubinsky manning the second. Hartnell and Wennberg continuing on the 3rd. And Calvert and Campbell on the fourth.

I will say after watching the Pittsburgh game that our first line and first pp unit looked like it could very easily be the most dominant we've ever had as well.

Just about the only thing to sort out are the last few cuts.

Saad - Johansen - Foligno
Jenner - Dubinsky - XXX
Hartnell - Wennberg - Atkinson
Calvert - Campbell - XXX

filling in the XXX's and scratches: Clarkson, Bourque, Rychel, Boll
last cuts: Karlsson, Anderson

Murray - Savard
Johnson - Tyutin
XXX - XXX

XXX's or Scratches: Prout, Goloubef, Connauton
last cuts: Falk, Bodnarchuk

Bob
Mac

Very little left to be sorted out with a few preseason games remaining.

What will the #1 pp unit be to start the season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad