2015 CBJ Training Camp Thread (9/18-10/3)

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
Bump Atkinson to Dubi's line, put WBK at the RW on Wenny's line, slot Bourque on the 4th and scratch Davey Clarkman?

Honestly l'd keep Borque where he is for now, seems to be doing real well there. I'd more Cam down and see if I could use him as trade bait for a top tier defender.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Wild Bill was skating on the top line today with Joey not skating. He looks good. Besides his name I was pretty meh on him when we acquired him. But I'm quickly turning that opinion around.

The thing I noticed most from watching practice just now was how much fun they had and genuinely seem to like each other. They have the talent and the right attitude in room it would appear.

I'll be back tomorrow as well.

One other line note from today's practice:

No clues as to fourth line or 3rd d pairing as Boll rotated with the Three C's and Connauton, Goloubef, and Prout all rotated as well.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Honestly l'd keep Borque where he is for now, seems to be doing real well there. I'd more Cam down and see if I could use him as trade bait for a top tier defender.

So if we need to move CAM down why would he be attractive enough to a team that they would be willing to give us a top tier defender in return?

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
So if we need to move CAM down why would he be attractive enough to a team that they would be willing to give us a top tier defender in return?

Now did I say it would be easy!!! :shakehead

That's what they pay Jarmo the big bucks for. I think we'd have to include something to get something back though, Cam +++.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Keep trotting Cam Atkinson out there.. making sure he is playing balls out, why potentially look to trade him without giving him a chance to shine?

He's had years to shine.

Cam's scoring rates in the last four years:
2.17 pts/60mins
2.10 p/60
1.58 p/60
1.68 p/60

So if anything he's going backwards. Yeah, you could keep him with Joey all the time and he might hit 50 pts. But that just makes him like Matt Moulson, not versatile.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Has Boone Jenner been moved to the top PP unit?

I know that at the end of preseason he wasn't even on 2nd unit, but was kind of on the cusp, but I would expect him to draw in with that unit plenty.

First unit seems pretty set with Johansen-Saad-Foligno-Hartnell + one D
Second unit seems to be Dubinsky-Wennberg-Atkinson-Bourque/Jenner + one D.

For D, I would guess that it is probably 1. Murray, 2. Savard, 3. Johnson - although I think all will get plenty of time.

I would imagine that Jenner gets full time second PP unit for most of the year, with a lot of PK time.

I dunno, maybe things have changed at practice in Cleveland this week.

Arch City Zach

Jun 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
archcityarmy.com
What if we moved Cam to the 4th line, move Clarkson to the 3rd, scratch Campbell and dress Karlson.

Saad/Johansen/Foligno
Jenner/Dubinsky/Borque
Hartnell/Wennberg/Clarkson
Calvert/Karlson/Atkinson

Probably ludicrous, but could definitely roll 4 lines with that.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
What if we moved Cam to the 4th line, move Clarkson to the 3rd, scratch Campbell and dress Karlson.

Saad/Johansen/Foligno
Jenner/Dubinsky/Borque
Calvert/Karlson/Atkinson

I'd have np with that assuming TOI distribution is something like:

30/30/20/20

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH

Saad/Johansen/Foligno
Jenner/Dubinsky/Borque
Calvert/Karlson/Atkinson

I like our lines as it is currently constructed to be honest. And, unless Campbell majorly struggles, I can't see him being a healthy scratch.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I like our lines as it is currently constructed to be honest. And, unless Campbell majorly struggles, I can't see him being a healthy scratch.

Here is how I'm going to address this recent discussion. I am not disposed against any of the combinations - at least until they've had some regular-season ice time. Point being, depth is good, options are good, and HCTR has them at his disposal. Also, I reserve the right to ***** about said disposal at appropriate (to me) moments.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
What do u guys expect out of Jenner this year ? Is he healthy ?

Just wondering because I wanted to pick him up in fantasy, it's either Jenner or Lehtera

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Oilers Fan coming in peace.
Do you think this is a lock to start the season?
Saad/Johansen/Foligno
I picked Foligno 24th overall in my points pool.
Says he shoots left so did he move over for Saad or always played the right side?
Hope your team stays healthy, they should do some damage.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Based on what I saw at practice today, I expect Karlsson and Goulubef to be two of the healthy scratches.

Karlsson was bouncing between lines and Goulubef was rotating into the Murray-Savard pairing occasionally while Connauton and Prout were a constant combination.

Boll may still be a possibility on the fourth line as he is still rotating with the Three Cs.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
Oilers Fan coming in peace.
Do you think this is a lock to start the season?
Saad/Johansen/Foligno
I picked Foligno 24th overall in my points pool.
Says he shoots left so did he move over for Saad or always played the right side?
Hope your team stays healthy, they should do some damage.

Yes!!! :yo::yo:

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Saad/Johansen/Foligno
Jenner/Dubinsky/Borque
Calvert/Karlson/Atkinson

I'd also be fine with this if the ice time was decent for that 4th line. I agree, 30/30/20/20. The one player who is indisputably "too good" for that ice time is Hartnell, but he's in need of some rest anyways. I don't think we want him playing 18 minutes a night.

Also not sure if Clarkson has the hockey sense to play with Hartnell/Wennberg.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Thank Gawd it's almost over! This town has been geeked up for the Blue Jackets like I've never seen since June!

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'd also be fine with this if the ice time was decent for that 4th line. I agree, 30/30/20/20. The one player who is indisputably "too good" for that ice time is Hartnell, but he's in need of some rest anyways. I don't think we want him playing 18 minutes a night.

Also not sure if Clarkson has the hockey sense to play with Hartnell/Wennberg.

Can you imagine a time in our past where we honestly thought of having Scott Hartnell and playing him on our FOURTH line?!? :amazed:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad