2015 CBJ Training Camp Thread (9/18-10/3)

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Will they put on the LEM roster (unlimited so you can stash injured guys there - pay them less because they are in the AHL on a 2-way deal). or the CBJ IR?

I'm pretty sure since they were injured in camp they would need to stay on the CBJ IR until healthy. Not sure what the LEM is, but I can't see the PU allowing a loop hole.

SunDin

Dec 22, 2008
Hey guys, shouldnt J.Johnson or Hartnell play PP1? Im not overconfident in Murray

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Hey guys, shouldnt J.Johnson or Hartnell play PP1? Im not overconfident in Murray

Why? He's definitely capable of putting up points. He's one of the best passers on the team, he does a very good job at keeping shots low and getting them on net, and very rarely tries to force things when he doesn't have to. All of which are key points to being successful on the Powerplay.

Also it's wise to spread talent around onto both units

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Any interest in Frank Corrado (a right shot D on waivers)? Linden Vey also available, and id prefer him to Campbell, but there's next to no chance we take Vey with Karlsson also waiting in the wings.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Hey guys; Sabres fan coming peace. Ryan Johansen was my first overall pick in fantasy at 15th. Yeah I got 2nd last in a snake draft. I'm looking to get a linemate for him. Foligno is going to cost me so I was thinking whats the chance of Saad playing over Hartnell?

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Hey guys; Sabres fan coming peace. Ryan Johansen was my first overall pick in fantasy at 15th. Yeah I got 2nd last in a snake draft. I'm looking to get a linemate for him. Foligno is going to cost me so I was thinking whats the chance of Saad playing over Hartnell?
Saad is going to be on the first line. Guaranteed. Hartnell will be playing third line with Wennberg. It's just preseason, but the Saad-Johansen-Foligno line looked dominant every time they were out there (10-15-25 in three games). I'd definitely look at picking up Saad if you can. I feel pretty comfortable saying that unless he succumbs to the Blue Jacket Injury Curse, his value's about to skyrocket.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC

What? Saad is Joey's LW on the top line. Hartnell will likely be on the third line.

zelbell

Oct 6, 2014
Columbus
I couldn't see a thread on it, but what's the projected lineup?

Saad/Johansen/Foligno
Jenner/Dubinsky/Bourque
Hartnell/Wennberg/Atkinson
Calvert/Campbell/Clarkson or Boll or Karlsson

Murray/Savard
Tyutin/Johnson
2 of Golobuef, Connauton, Prout

Bob

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Hi CBJ fans...

Jets fans are wondering if Peluso is going to hit the waiver wire over the next couple days. JD has a big hard on for him. Any chance you guys make a claim?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Saad/Johansen/Foligno
Jenner/Dubinsky/Bourque
Hartnell/Wennberg/Atkinson
Calvert/Campbell/Clarkson or Boll or Karlsson

Murray/Savard
Tyutin/Johnson
2 of Golobuef, Connauton, Prout

Bob

That third line had a weak pre-season. Hopefully they can figure things out. Its possible Atkinson gets bumped for someone who can complement Hartnell/Wennberg better. Did anyone get a good look at that trio in pre-season?

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
That third line had a weak pre-season. Hopefully they can figure things out. Its possible Atkinson gets bumped for someone who can complement Hartnell/Wennberg better. Did anyone get a good look at that trio in pre-season?

I only saw them play together in the last pre-season game. I thought Wennberg and Cam looked OK, Hartnell not so much.

But I thought Hartnell had a terrible camp last season too, so maybe as an older Vet he just goes through the motions during training camp, and will kick it up come Friday. Although he was banged up a little during one of the pre-season games early.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Wild Bill was skating on the top line today with Joey not skating. He looks good. Besides his name I was pretty meh on him when we acquired him. But I'm quickly turning that opinion around.

The thing I noticed most from watching practice just now was how much fun they had and genuinely seem to like each other. They have the talent and the right attitude in room it would appear.

I'll be back tomorrow as well.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Wild Bill was skating on the top line today with Joey not skating. He looks good. Besides his name I was pretty meh on him when we acquired him. But I'm quickly turning that opinion around.

The thing I noticed most from watching practice just now was how much fun they had and genuinely seem to like each other. They have the talent and the right attitude in room it would appear.

I'll be back tomorrow as well.

Was there a pretty decent crowd there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad