Prospect Info: 2015 36th overall - Gabriel Gagne (RW) Victoriaville Tigres [QMJHL]

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
This is a very interesting pick, I'm liking it more as I read about his potential. Never seen him play but reminds me of Paul with his growth potential.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Interesting. Not a guy who I thought would be on the Sens radar at all, but it's nice to see the scouting staff like him enough to push BMurr to move up in the draft. Definitely an intruiging pick, and a guy to keep an eye on moving forward.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Like a more offensively skilled Nick Paul. Has tremendous talent and coulda put up more points but lack of work ethic. He is a really boom or bust type player but his size nd his attention to detail all over the ice could make him a 4th liner at least.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Our answer to Montreals Micheal McCarron

He doesn't play like McCaron IMO.

Saw 20+ games of him as my best friend's brother plays with him.

I wanted Sprong ahead of him and the guy who plays with him said Gagné is a better pick than Sprong because Sprong's too messed up.

My recap on Gagné is he is really tall, but he is skinny as **** too. I expect he will fill up once he gets older. And play at around above 200lbs which is good. Good skater, great stride. Great release, give him a pass in the slot he'll bury. I expect his stats to go way up next year.

Now the only knock I have on him and a lot of Victo fans thought the same is that he lacks vision/playmaking. Will skate really well enter the zone and try to shoot errrtime. In the dmens pads on net or whatever. He also lacks work ethic a bit and was scratched IIRC but he's young so it's okay he'll grow up.

He's a project IMO. I wanted a risky pick and here's one. I def think Sprong's the better player and I thought we'd be going with him but I am fine with him too.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
187 pounds.. Sounds more like forward Wier that can skate or maybe a chiasson that can skate but scores more goals

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He seems similar to Chiasson, another big lean fast but not very physical player. I wanted Bittner, would have settled for Greenway but maybe this guy will turn out to similar or better, who knows.

The sens seem to have drafted a number of safe players with good work ethic, character & compete level. I guess it will take a few yrs before we can really comment on how these kids will turn out but just not that excited about any of them to be honest. But I think a few of them will turn out to be decent pros.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
He seems similar to Chiasson, another big lean fast but not very physical player. I wanted Bittner, would have settled for Greenway but maybe this guy will turn out to similar or better, who knows.

The sens seem to have drafted a number of safe players with good work ethic, character & compete level. I guess it will take a few yrs before we can really comment on how these kids will turn out but just not that excited about any of them to be honest. But I think a few of them will turn out to be decent pros.

Ahl i pretty big. 6'4 217 and he can score goals

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
yeah. this is one interesting pick.

i will be......interested

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Interesting that he compares himself to Corey Perry. This is the guy I'm most interested in following from this draft. Powerforwards have to be drafted. That's really the only way to acquire them. The team has been trying to get one for a few years now. Maybe this is finally the guy.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I'm excited about this pick. When you've got 4 early picks you need to swing for the fences at least once and Gagné was it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The Sens scouts really like this guy.
Traded up to get him.
http://thehockeywriters.com/gabriel-gagne-the-next-ones-2015-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/
http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/06/19/2015-nhl-draft-profile-71-gabriel-gagne/

#36 -OTT
Gagne
R
6' 5" - 190
Born Nov 96
2014-15 67 35 24 59
2013-14 67 16 21 37
ISS Final Rank #64

#38 -CBJ
Bittner
L
6'4" - 204
Born Nov 96
2014-15 66 34 37 71
2013-14 63 22 27 49
ISS Final Rank #17

-------------------------------------------------
Bittner slid. Playing with 2 of the most productive players in the WHL I think more was expected form him.
Gagne more than doubled his goal production from the previous year.

It will be interesting to follow the paths of these two players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad