Prospect Info: 2015 36th overall - Gabriel Gagne (RW) Victoriaville Tigres [QMJHL]

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
If he can turn his strength into a... strength, he could be a net-front force.

His shot + size + skating should make him a lock but he needs to put in the work and perhaps settle into a role that he has never had to play before and rely on traits that he never had to rely on before.

Reactions: JungleBeat

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If he can turn his strength into a... strength, he could be a net-front force.

His shot + size + skating should make him a lock but he needs to put in the work and perhaps settle into a role that he has never had to play before and rely on traits that he never had to rely on before.

He's not really a net front guy like Tkchauk is, he is more of a wait and finish from the wing and the slot. He doesn't create offense, he just shoots. Not a ton of fell for the puck, more of a Bobby Butlet type, just likes to shoot the puck.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
4th line player with 3rd line potential, good complimentary player but not a player who can drive his line, needs someone to get him the puck. Plenty of speed, lacks hockey IQ, has a decent shot, needs to work on determination, defence & absolutely needs to add much more edge to his game. Reminds me of Alex Chiasson.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
4th line player with 3rd line potential, good complimentary player but not a player who can drive his line, needs someone to get him the puck. Plenty of speed, lacks hockey IQ, has a decent shot, needs to work on determination, defence & absolutely needs to add much more edge to his game. Reminds me of Alex Chiasson.

Completely different player than Chiasson.

Gagne is a soft, perimeter player with a monster shot.

Chiasson was a power forward whose only move was to drive wide to the net.

The only thing that’s similar about them is the mediocre IQ.

I think Gagne needs another summer after this one to bulk up. If he can put on 10 pounds this summer, and 10 the next, he would be roughly 206 lbs. That’s the bare minimum strength he needs to compete with other NHL’ers.

Improved defense, improved strength, and more effort would make Gagne a taller Dzingel. Dzingel made the NHL full time at 24 years old. Gagne is only 21 and still super raw. He has multiple years left to become a more complete player and earn a spot.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
How much did he weigh when he was drafted? I get the impression he hasn't gained much (if any) muscle at all in the last three years.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Would like to see him with Duchene if he gets called up. Stay higher in the zone and take feeds from down low from Duchene like Hoffman did late in the season. Gifted shooter, amazing release.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Hopefully he has an improved year in Belleville playing a better two way game and picking up a couple more assists. Give him a few games up here and see where he’s at.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Listed as 186 at the 2015 dev camp, and 194 at this years.

I wonder why he isn't adding mass. It likely is playing a big role in preventing him from being a more impactful player and cracking the NHL. At 6'5 he likely needs to be 205 lbs minimum to start playing in the NHL and more likely needs to get up to 225 to 230 lbs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad