Prospect Info: 2015 36th overall - Gabriel Gagne (RW) Victoriaville Tigres [QMJHL]

WilderPegasus*

You can really see _Pierre_ Dorion's influence in the draft. He just wants guys he can parlez vous with.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That is quite a bit to give up, as long as our organization believes in this player

I don't know much about the player. So I can't trash the pick. But if we wanted a big body... Jordan greenway was still on the board.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The fact that they traded up from 42 to 36 to select him says enough of what the scouting staff thinks of him. Always a good sign.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I don't know much about the player. So I can't trash the pick. But if we wanted a big body... Jordan greenway was still on the board.

something happened to him. i don't know what but he use to be a first round ranked played but around the midterm he had already started to fall.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
So, basically a meat 'n potatoes 3rd line kind of guy with upside at the NHL level? Or is there a decent chance he could be a second line guy?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Cost them 2 picks and passed over some pretty decent players to pick him.

They must see something special in this guy. Hopefully he dominates the Q next year.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
People wanted to take chances on players with upside - well, this is it.

Gagne is a skilled player and has exceptional size. If he pans out, he could be a refrigerator sized scoring forward. That's upside for sure.

The downside is typical scoring forward issues like effort and strength.

He doesn't have a European last name, he isn't 6 feet tall and he isn't a burner - but this is exactly the type of player people wanted.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So, basically a meat 'n potatoes 3rd line kind of guy with upside at the NHL level? Or is there a decent chance he could be a second line guy?

6'5 can skate and score, unreal around the net. I know they have been really high on him for a while, developed properly i think he can be a first line player potentially he was definitely the swing for the fences pick of the draft for the sens.

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
The Q scout said they were high on Gagne and were picking him at 42 but around the table they heard things that indicated he wouldn't be there at 42 so they tried to move up to get him and did. Size isn't everything but you can't ignore 6'5" apparently BM was impressed when he met him at the table after he was drafted. Although he's lanky now he uses his body well and at 18 has lots of time to bulk up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->