Prospect Info: 2015 21st overall - Colin White (C/RW) USNTDP, going to Boston College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
RKL sold me on this pick. Seems like a player thats gonna rebound next season and look like a steal. Or at worst is a safe bet.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
We need to draft the best player available in the draft.
Not a safe pick. Anze Kopitar all over.

This makes no sense. Kopitar was a relatively safe pick. I'm assuming you're a troll.

How do you know? Maybe these picks make other player expandable and we can trade them for our needs.

I hope Karlsson is the one who becomes expandable. Add a few inches and pounds and he can become a heavy hitter, too!

To win a stanley cup the sens should probably stop being a bottom 5-10 defensie team. Were already a good offense

True, draft a d-man was a good idea. We're lacking in two areas, though, one is d, the other is high end o talent. I feel like we missed a big opportunity to address the second one.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
This makes no sense. Kopitar was a relatively safe pick. I'm assuming you're a troll.

I hope Karlsson is the one who becomes expandable. Add a few inches and pounds and he can become a heavy hitter, too!

True, draft a d-man was a good idea. We're lacking in two areas, though, one is d, the other is high end o talent. I feel like we missed a big opportunity to address the second one.

Lol ment to say expendable.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

By the look of the drafting reports and stats, I think we took care of both D and O. White has some nice stats.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
RKL sold me on this pick. Seems like a player thats gonna rebound next season and look like a steal. Or at worst is a safe bet.

This guy is a thief like Stone. He creates offense off turnovers,. Good Speed Good Hands Really High IQ . great on faceoffs
at the U17's I think he got 18 points in 6 games including 10 goals. this year he was sick and was forced into a different more defensive role. He was still a pt a game player and sucked big minutes in the U18 and scored the Gold medal winning Overtime Goal. We won't be disappointed with this guy. 2nd line is reachable and he projects into the NHL. He will play.

So He's a good pick. We will all be happy we have him.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Lol at people being mad when they don't even know anyone in this draft after McDavid and Eichel

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Lee=Chabot bet on it.

dSI4rxK.gif

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
This isn't Nintendo hockey. It's not fat, slow guy with big shot vs. Skinny fast guy with speed and not shot.

Colin White may not be McDavid but he isn't devoid of skill. He was compared to Patrice Bergeron. So maybe his big selling points are character and work ethic - but he can still play a top six roll and be effective.

Like others watching Connor go was a massive letdown. Colin White is still a very good prospect and I'm happy to have him.

ISS had him as the most underrated player in the draft.

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Colin has an innate sense of how to make those around him better and ultimately how to help the team win. He will not put himself ahead of the team and he finds ways to contribute in every area of the game. Steady, consistent and purposeful. No lack of skill but he’s not flashy with it. Solid second-to-third line centre." - TSN Director of Scouting Craig Button

:popcorn:

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
By the look of the drafting reports and stats, I think we took care of both D and O. White has some nice stats.

Yeah. I don't hate the picks. I'll freely admit I don't know much but what I read, but what I've read makes White sound like a safe pick and I was hoping for potential high end talent.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Not sure what to think. If he's a strong bet to be a solid top 6 guy with good overall skills and good skating, then I'm satisfied.

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Yeah. I don't hate the picks. I'll freely admit I don't know much but what I read, but what I've read makes White sound like a safe pick and I was hoping for potential high end talent.

I think he is high end talent, put into a safe playing box.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I was reading his profile, turns out he's not Swedish. The scouts must've over looked this some how.:whatever:

Last edited:

Othello*

Pick Bracco and we will have a deadly combo. They played well together in the U18 tournament and will be teammates at Boston College.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad