2024 NHL Playoffs Around the League

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Turned the game on just before the start of the 3rd period. That was NOT a fun 40 minutes. :shakehead

In our series Andersen was great on anything shot to the top 90% of the net but had problems with low shots, especially at his feet. I saw a handful of times where the NYR took advantage of that in their series. Unfortunately.

If Svechnikov went five-hole on Shesterkin on that great 3rd period chance he had right in front, I think there would've been a game 7.

Special teams and Andersen's inability to come up with the big saved doomed Carolina. He struggled at times with poor rebound control again this series, as expected.

I mentioned that in our series. His numbers were good but he didn't actually look good. His rebound control was terrible and pucks were laying all around the crease the entire series. The Islanders didn't have the talent to cash in, and I expect the Rags to take full advantage.

Reactions: doublechili

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Carolina is/was beatable in round 1. The Isles beat themselves. Gotta come up big in the moments you have, the Isles failed to do so. Hence, down and out.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Absolutely. I think living here for over 20 years has made me realize that I hate the Canes even more than the Rangers. For people that don't get this, you'd have to live it to understand. The fan base, the arena experience, the local media, even the arena announcer, make it so easy to abhor them. Additionally, the NHL is letting the Isles-Rags rivalry (and other rivalries) fade because of ridiculous scheduling frequency. That said, the hate is still there and I want them to go down in round 3.
Isles/Rags has been irrelevant outside the stadium series shabazz. Its a shame how the NHL hates that rivalry yet will gladly force more with Chicago again

Reactions: FoxYou727

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Carolina is/was beatable in round 1. The Isles beat themselves. Gotta come up big in the moments you have, the Isles failed to do so. Hence, down and out.
Isles also had no answers on the power play and their penalty kill stunk.

IMO Its why i also feel like they also benefit a ton from being eliminated: it gives them a deeper dive into whats wrong.

Reactions: The Real JT

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Cannot believe any Isles fan is placing Carolina in the same hate stratosphere as the rangers. Are these fans like 20 years old and have no sense of NHL history? I don't care of the Hurricanes cry to the point of dehydration, the rangers are the Isles mortal enemy and should be hatied more than any other. We should all root for the Leafs if they played the rangers in the playoffs.

If you're a legit New York Islanders fan the rangers should be #1 on your most hated list 24/7/365...And your next most hated team should be several miles behind that.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Bob is only reason this is not 2 or 3-0 Boston already. That said Boston does not look spectacular either. I think even if Florida loses they will win game 7 at home

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Cannot believe any Isles fan is placing Carolina in the same hate stratosphere as the rangers. Are these fans like 20 years old and have no sense of NHL history? I don't care of the Hurricanes cry to the point of dehydration, the rangers are the Isles mortal enemy and should be hatied more than any other. We should all root for the Leafs if they played the rangers in the playoffs.

If you're a legit New York Islanders fan the rangers should be #1 on your most hated list 24/7/365...And your next most hated team should be several miles behind that.
blah blah blah....

PolishPrince21

Mar 4, 2015
LI

If this was me in the 90s i would agree with you and to this day they'll always be the team i hope never wins again. However as i am in the mid point in my life(assuming i live an average lifespan) if the Rangers do win it this year or get their 5th before the isles i would hate it for a day or 2 and just move on and say it is what it is because in the end sports doesn't determine my life.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If anyone is still up, this Colorado vs Dallas game is pretty good. Midway through double OT and Dallas had an OT goal taken off the board on an iffy interference call.

Edit: And Dallas wins it after a scramble in front of the net saw the puck pop out to a wide open Duchene who makes no mistake with Georgiev down.

Reactions: Tres Peleches

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
If anyone is still up, this Colorado vs Dallas game is pretty good. Midway through double OT and Dallas had an OT goal taken off the board on an iffy interference call.

Edit: And Dallas wins it after a scramble in front of the net saw the puck pop out to a wide open Duchene who makes no mistake with Georgiev down.
Puck don’t lie, they got hosed by moronic interpretations of the rule

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT

I only saw a single replay of that waived off OT goal, but real quick looked like Dallas guy was pushed in and then Colorado own guy interfered with their goalie. Looked like a good goal IMO but what do I know

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Toews honestly being moved for nothing still bothers me

He was very good for the Avalanche but that team's issues are with depth (like the Oilers)

Last edited:

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Toews honestly being moved for nothing still bothers me

He was very good for the Avalanche but that team's issues are with depth (like the Oilers)
They ain’t winning another Cup. They got lucky they didn’t face Vegas and got an aging TB. Before that and after that, a bunch of media darlings and that’s it.

Do they have some elite talent? Yes, but the rest is meh.

The spreadsheet GM has made poor move after poor move. Oh, well. If your GM acquires Ryan Johanssen to be your 2nd line center contending for a Cup, then trade a first to get rid of him, you are not a good GM. Sorry.

Last edited:

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
They ain’t winning another Cup. They got lucky they didn’t face Vegas and got an aging TB. Before that and after that, a bunch of media darlings and that’s it.

Do they have some elite talent? Yes, but the rest is meh.

The spreadsheet GM has made poor move after poor move. Oh, well. If your GM acquires Ryan Johanssen to be your 2nd line center contending for a Cup, then trade a first to get rid of him, you are not a good GM. Sorry.
They got to face Tampa without BP, who was a monster and arguably ended the isles chances at making the finals. That dude is a MONSTER and I hated Point the most out of the Tampa team.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Tocchet must be an awesome coach considering that turnaround. (Or was Horvat the problem? :sarcasm:)

Vancouver fans have suggested that his leadership and two-way play was overrated. On the Isles I see him as a solid all-star level player. But his defense and leadership does seem overblown and built on reputation.

With that all said, very happy with the player and trade. Another piece that can be part of a successful team if used correctly.

Now it’s up to Lou/Roy this summer to navigate the short run-way they have to finalize a cup competitive roster… that applies for whatever direction they take on their RRRR… rebuild or retool or recharge or retreat :sarcasm:

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
What of they are both your enemy?
Easy, do what I was doing…

Root for Carolina to complete an 0-3 comeback only to continue their record of Eastern Conference finals consecutive losses and playoff round sweeps…

Well unless you listen to Brind’Amour about what constitutes a sweep.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

To add to this, I'd root for the Soviet Red Army over the Rangers

The Elite Iraq Republican Guard over the Rangers

The Borg over the Rangers

Brad Marchand's tongue over the Rangers

I might draw the line with the hags on The View and root for a perpetual OT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad