Prospect Info: 2015 21st overall - Colin White (C/RW) USNTDP, going to Boston College

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I really wanted skill/ speed.

Kyle Connor would have been perfect

Super bummed we missed him by 1 pick. I knew that no way he would get past the Jets, they have in my mind the best scouts right now. So smart their selections.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
We need to draft the best player available in the draft.
Not a safe pick. Anze Kopitar all over.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
usascout1 said:
He actually may go above 10. High interest in him among NHL teams. The way he has molded his game into being able to do everything well in all 3 zones makes him a valuable commodity to teams. Need a big face off won, he's your guy. Need a teams top line shut down, he's your man. Need a 5 on 3 killed or or a PP goal he's your man. Need a goal in a big game on a big stage he is your man. Broke Toews record in the U17 World championships and had the Gold medal goal in the u18 world championships in OT while adding a hat trick against Canada in the semis. Was named second best player in the tournament for team USA. It was Matthews then White then Tkachuk. He battled mono for months which disrupted his season. He lost 15 lbs due to mono and still put up 54 puts in 54 games. He is healthy now and highly valued by many organizations. He is a stud.

usascout1 said:
Then we agree to disagree. I have seen him live head to head against Connor and live at all international events. On the ice against Connor, Barzal, Roy, Marner and Koenecy He has no problem shutting them down and skating head to head with them when he is on the ice. Watching it on fast hockey is a lot different than seeing it live. It is my opinion as I have seen them all live for two years several times and talked to several NHL scouts. I respect your opinion as you seem to have a really good grasp of players.

Guy from the prospect boards on White

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
In order to compete for Stanley Cip, we need a top 6 forward or a number one center.
This draft will not address this issues.

How do you know? Maybe these picks make other player expandable and we can trade them for our needs.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
In order to compete for Stanley Cip, we need a top 6 forward or a number one center.
This draft will not address this issues.

What else do you see in your crystal ball?

You don't draft an obvious top 6 or number 1 centre when you're picking outside the top 10.

Jesus, some of you are just hilarious

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
At 6.3 and the guy could skate. It was a safe pick as they come.
Kopitar out of Croatia was not a safe pick. Why not to draft Svechnikov?
Top 6 forward.

Man were you not paying attention in 05? Nobody knew who Lee was, he was not a safe pick at all.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Decent pick, but I agree with those who say we needed to go for higher skill/more risk. Bittner or Merkley would have made more sense.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
To win a stanley cup the sens should probably stop being a bottom 5-10 defensie team. Were already a good offense

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
Can't believe after the picks this team has made recently that people are actually complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad