Speculation: 2015/2016 TBL Roster, Rumors, and Speculation PART II

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I'll join you to haul Carle's ass back to Alaska. I'll fly down there if I have to. He absolutely can't be on the team come October. Whatever needs to be done to get him off the team, do it. Trade him, buy him out, send him to minors, forget he never existed... just something.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'll join you to haul Carle's ass back to Alaska. I'll fly down there if I have to. He absolutely can't be on the team come October. Whatever needs to be done to get him off the team, do it. Trade him, buy him out, send him to minors, forget he never existed... just something.

Come on man, Carle is like our 8th best D, still Top 10.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I hope so. I think Hedman will shake it off but Carle simply cant, and until Stralman comes back, we are stuck feeding him minutes. At least toward the end of the reg season when his awfulness didn't grace the ice 15mins a game, he was making the simple play and doing better. Tonight was terrible. It's not his fault Bishop let in 4 but he certainly didn't do much on two to help him.

Trevor Van Riemsdyk was probably the worst defenseman for the hawks. Game 1 ot winner off the skate, passed across the ice batted down by Steen in game 5 (I think) led to a goal and a couple more giveaways that led to goals. All from him. Boyle is another declining defenseman that is scarred. I am pleased that Sustr improved this year. Imo not by miles but he did get better, more consistent at times, but Carle just kills me. Every time he steps on the ice, is a moment the other team relishes in.

sure but usually we have the real ben bishop

carle has had moments in last 16 games but has like 8 points which is acceptable to pairing with hedman he has played as good as he can basically and better unfortunately than probably the other options:(

i like how cooper is playing d we just need bishop to save carles azz 3-4 times a game:)

usually he does or lately he has till last night:)

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
sure but usually we have the real ben bishop

carle has had moments in last 16 games but has like 8 points which is acceptable to pairing with hedman he has played as good as he can basically and better unfortunately than probably the other options:(

i like how cooper is playing d we just need bishop to save carles azz 3-4 times a game:)

usually he does or lately he has till last night:)
I still remember Bishop giving Carle that death stare in the SCF last year. I'm sure he's tired of bailing him out though. Last night was just an off night for Ben, but it was just another game for Carle and that's the bad thing.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't see any way Carle doesn't get bought out. The writing's been on the wall all season. It fits the same pattern as every other player we got rid of just to get them off the roster. The only difference is injuries forced Carle back into a role with the team. And he actually has had some decent nights since then, although I still don't believe he's proven he can be an NHL defenseman again.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
I don't see any way Carle doesn't get bought out. The writing's been on the wall all season. It fits the same pattern as every other player we got rid of just to get them off the roster. The only difference is injuries forced Carle back into a role with the team. And he actually has had some decent nights since then, although I still don't believe he's proven he can be an NHL defenseman again.

His decline from year one to the last two is something that has me guessing there's something bothering him, an injury, a dietary or fitness issue, etc. cause the guy cannot hustle or move quick. He has one speed. Just watch for that next game. I'm convinced there's something that lead to the super fast decline of his skating ability. His shot was **** when we got him, everyone told us that and we knew that sfter his first game. His passing hasn't changed but it and his decision making is affected by his skating ability.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Buyout coming for sure

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
His decline from year one to the last two is something that has me guessing there's something bothering him, an injury, a dietary or fitness issue, etc. cause the guy cannot hustle or move quick. He has one speed. Just watch for that next game. I'm convinced there's something that lead to the super fast decline of his skating ability. His shot was **** when we got him, everyone told us that and we knew that sfter his first game. His passing hasn't changed but it and his decision making is affected by his skating ability.

Carle's skating is fine, not sure why you think it isn't. He caught Martin at the start of the 3rd when Martin was at the redline and he was at the blueline. He made that 2nd goal with his skating into the Islanders zone. His issues are he's weak on the boards which was a factor in the 2nd goal and his man marking in his own zone is poor. When he can skate and rush the puck he's at his best but we don't use him like that which is what made him what he was in his career.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Carle's skating is fine, not sure why you think it isn't. He caught Martin at the start of the 3rd when Martin was at the redline and he was at the blueline. He made that 2nd goal with his skating into the Islanders zone. His issues are he's weak on the boards which was a factor in the 2nd goal and his man marking in his own zone is poor. When he can skate and rush the puck he's at his best but we don't use him like that which is what made him what he was in his career.

Softness/weakness in general are his issues. When he makes a bad play, it almost always comes down to some issue of playing it soft. Like, playing the puck softly up the boards or through the middle of the ice, resulting in giveaways. Or being outmuscled in the corners. (...Or I guess just being nowhere to be found when the puck gets played to the front of the net.)

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Lol yeah he caught Johnson speed players! ZOMG! Seriously think one race where he caught Matt Martin makes his back checking of coasting and his one speed consisting of no hustling fine?

Problem is he can't skate. He can't rush the puck, cause he can't skate. You act like Cooper or other players are yelling "NO! Don't try to make a play!!! NOOO!!!" when it's HIM not being able to skate the puck cause of his skating issues. They give him so much ice time yet you think they're using him wrong? Let me guess, you think he should be on the powerplay too right? That way when he gets burned he can catch people with his lightning speed too?

It's not that they're using him wrong, it's that he can't skate or make a play 9/10 shifts. You seem to have no problem blaming Bishop for softies, Drouin for mistakes or Nesterov for bad plays, but then give Matt Carle, Mr. -2, a pass and blame the coach. ****ing hilarious.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Lol yeah he caught Johnson speed players! ZOMG! Seriously think one race where he caught Matt Martin makes his back checking of coasting and his one speed consisting of no hustling fine?

Problem is he can't skate. He can't rush the puck, cause he can't skate. You act like Cooper or other players are yelling "NO! Don't try to make a play!!! NOOO!!!" when it's HIM not being able to skate the puck cause of his skating issues. They give him so much ice time yet you think they're using him wrong? Let me guess, you think he should be on the powerplay too right? That way when he gets burned he can catch people with his lightning speed too?

It's not that they're using him wrong, it's that he can't skate or make a play 9/10 shifts. You seem to have no problem blaming Bishop for softies, Drouin for mistakes or Nesterov for bad plays, but then give Matt Carle, Mr. -2, a pass and blame the coach. ****ing hilarious.

If Carle can't skate or rush the puck than we have only Hedman who can. Carle is a better skater and on the rush than any other of our defenders.

I didn't give Carle a pass, I just corrected everyone who said it was all on him and only him. He didn't have a good game but the entire defense didn't as well as the forwards trying to backcheck. You can look at all the goals and have someone to blame the most, I give one Carle that billing on just one of them, I believe the 3rd where he was beat on the boards and stood alone in front of the net. But he also was responsible for one of ours so can call his contribution a wash, just because he was a -2 doesn't mean he was at fault for those goals.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i seriously blame cooper for toi choices this last game

brutal is word would use truly brutal and makes no sense to me at all

i like cooper but games like last night want to chew on high explosive bullets lol

he goes back to the old guard and that is cool its what he feels safe with the problem is when he gives those guys more minutes than the guys which can bring us back into the game is truly bad coaching horrendous coaching

i dont mind him giving them minutes just has to be a disparity between those minutes and our gifted minutes

hell can understand his thought process if we had two goal lead but come back to have the numbers i looked it I LAUGH and say MORON

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
If Carle can't skate or rush the puck than we have only Hedman who can. Carle is a better skater and on the rush than any other of our defenders.

I didn't give Carle a pass, I just corrected everyone who said it was all on him and only him. He didn't have a good game but the entire defense didn't as well as the forwards trying to backcheck. You can look at all the goals and have someone to blame the most, I give one Carle that billing on just one of them, I believe the 3rd where he was beat on the boards and stood alone in front of the net. But he also was responsible for one of ours so can call his contribution a wash, just because he was a -2 doesn't mean he was at fault for those goals.

u got to be kidding

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011

Dude it is no doubt everybody sucked last night. Starting with the guy I always praise in net. He had 3 he saves regularly, with his eyes closed. Then there's Hedman with a beer league defensive play. Terrible coverage down low by Carle and Garrison (somewhat) and Carle not getting the play on the board. My whole point was how bad he is. He is the worst defenseman on the team, tied with Nesterov. If you want, I'll say Nesterov is worse to make you happy but I'm kind of lost when you say Carle is the best on the rush and a better skater than Hedman or the whole defense?

Um, what?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Dude it is no doubt everybody sucked last night. Starting with the guy I always praise in net. He had 3 he saves regularly, with his eyes closed. Then there's Hedman with a beer league defensive play. Terrible coverage down low by Carle and Garrison (somewhat) and Carle not getting the play on the board. My whole point was how bad he is. He is the worst defenseman on the team, tied with Nesterov. If you want, I'll say Nesterov is worse to make you happy but I'm kind of lost when you say Carle is the best on the rush and a better skater than Hedman or the whole defense?

Um, what?

You clearly didn't read my first two sentences.

Coburn can skate well but not good on the rush, Nesterov can skate well and rush but gets lost once he enters the zone, Garrison and Sustr can't compete, Stralman is better but isn't playing, it's Hedman than Carle like it or not right now.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
You clearly didn't read my first two sentences.

Coburn can skate well but not good on the rush, Nesterov can skate well and rush but gets lost once he enters the zone, Garrison and Sustr can't compete, Stralman is better but isn't playing, it's Hedman than Carle like it or not right now.
You seriously think Carle is better on the rush than 4 others and 2nd best to Hedman on our team? (For defense, I know that's what we are talking about)

After all these years of being strung along, I'm convinced you're a troll account. You may have had me with your love affairs with Brian Lee, Brett Connolly and Andrej Sustr (I'll give you that one) but it's nice to finally put the nail in the coffin that you've been joking this whole time. Good one Hose, you're a funny guy.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You seriously think Carle is better on the rush than 4 others and 2nd best to Hedman on our team? (For defense, I know that's what we are talking about)

After all these years of being strung along, I'm convinced you're a troll account. You may have had me with your love affairs with Brian Lee, Brett Connolly and Andrej Sustr (I'll give you that one) but it's nice to finally put the nail in the coffin that you've been joking this whole time. Good one Hose, you're a funny guy.

Yes I do. Carle's issues are in the defensive zone, there's nothing wrong with Carle in transition and the offensive zone outside of his weak shot.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Yes I do. Carle's issues are in the defensive zone, there's nothing wrong with Carle in transition and the offensive zone outside of his weak shot.

passing and decision making make him a beer league player hose seriously honestly

he sucks hedman has given him some life

doesnt matter if d zone or ozone his passing likes to do blind ones and his decision making are atrocious

good news is hes played at a high enough level to maybe not force us to buy his azz out

cant wait till my boy on twitter calls the

#packyourshiot matt carle ill be happiest guy on this board

he hardly ever gets pucks through also he is playing better will give him that but as said above is 3-4 mistakes on d end nightly and offense? he kills offense at times which pisses me off beyond a maximum level the rate of the offensive kills is unreal for a guy of his age and longevity in this league

seriously laughable that he can out skate garrison nesterov sustr
sustr makes more and more good decisions as the season moves on in the offensive zone nesterov can only play in offensive zone

in fairness garrisons shot dont always get through either but his decisions offense to go back on defense is night and day to matt carle

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
passing and decision making make him a beer league player hose seriously honestly

he sucks hedman has given him some life

doesnt matter if d zone or ozone his passing likes to do blind ones and his decision making are atrocious

good news is hes played at a high enough level to maybe not force us to buy his azz out

cant wait till my boy on twitter calls the

#packyourshiot matt carle ill be happiest guy on this board

he hardly ever gets pucks through also he is playing better will give him that but as said above is 3-4 mistakes on d end nightly and offense? he kills offense at times which pisses me off beyond a maximum level the rate of the offensive kills is unreal for a guy of his age and longevity in this league

seriously laughable that he can out skate garrison nesterov sustr
sustr makes more and more good decisions as the season moves on in the offensive zone nesterov can only play in offensive zone

in fairness garrisons shot dont always get through either but his decisions offense to go back on defense is night and day to matt carle

Nothing in that post had anything to do with what the initial conversation was about, skating. Carle's skating is fine, his speed is fine, the rest of his game has diminished more than his skating.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Nothing in that post had anything to do with what the initial conversation was about, skating. Carle's skating is fine, his speed is fine, the rest of his game has diminished more than his skating.

If you can't skate, you can't do any of the other things well. You do understand this concept correct? If you're an exceptional skater you can play the puck, you can shoot, pass, win board battles because you're there first but if you have trouble skating, nothing else clicks. It's pretty obvious his skating has declined.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Matt carle is a stud he will rebound next season with the panthers I'd bet

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If you can't skate, you can't do any of the other things well. You do understand this concept correct? If you're an exceptional skater you can play the puck, you can shoot, pass, win board battles because you're there first but if you have trouble skating, nothing else clicks. It's pretty obvious his skating has declined.

What? Drouin is an exceptional skater but loses board battles and isn't known for his shot. Stamkos stands still on the dot and unleashes bombs. Hedman can tape to tape an outlet pass when standing still behind the net. You don't need to be an exceptional skater to do those things except be the first to the puck.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
What? Drouin is an exceptional skater but loses board battles and isn't known for his shot. Stamkos stands still on the dot and unleashes bombs. Hedman can tape to tape an outlet pass when standing still behind the net. You don't need to be an exceptional skater to do those things except be the first to the puck.
Yeah you clearly don't need balance standing still or edge work when pivoting for a shot. Nor do you need agility. Nope. None at all. Matter of fact, the guy on the corner that's never skated can probably do all of that having no ice skating experience! Then you pick the smallest guy that's seen as one dimensional as your example. ****ing comical.

I noticed you didn't mention Brown or Paquette but went to a rookie. That's like saying MSL was terrible along the boards. That's called inexperience. Again, you need to be able to skate. That's why you learn how to skate before stick handling, shooting, hitting, etc. Pretty weird the fundentals of hockey are reversed to defend Matt Carle. :laugh:

Also, not sure of your playing experience and I don't want to pull the "you've never played before" card but you're giving me the impression. I'm not saying Carle is hockey 101 bad, but the decline has led to terrible board battles, a terrible shot, and piss poor decision making cause he is never first to a puck even when he's ahead of the guy. Hmmm. Wonder why he doesn't get there first, is it:

A. His shooting
B. His stick
C. His laces
D. His skating

I know, D! He has a shot inferior to men I play hockey with on the weekend and that is no lie. His passing is that of an AHLer. His decision making is about equivalent to a junior player in his debut.

Last edited:

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Damn in all honesty, whoever wins out of this series might as well just waive a white flag. Pens and Caps are fast. Probably faster and stronger than us last year. They are both very good teams that either tampa or the Isles will struggle against.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yeah you clearly don't need balance standing still or edge work when pivoting for a shot. Nor do you need agility. Nope. None at all. Matter of fact, the guy on the corner that's never skated can probably do all of that having no ice skating experience! Then you pick the smallest guy that's seen as one dimensional as your example. ****ing comical.

I noticed you didn't mention Brown or Paquette but went to a rookie. That's like saying MSL was terrible along the boards. That's called inexperience. Again, you need to be able to skate. That's why you learn how to skate before stick handling, shooting, hitting, etc. Pretty weird the fundentals of hockey are reversed to defend Matt Carle. :laugh:

Also, not sure of your playing experience and I don't want to pull the "you've never played before" card but you're giving me the impression. I'm not saying Carle is hockey 101 bad, but the decline has led to terrible board battles, a terrible shot, and piss poor decision making cause he is never first to a puck even when he's ahead of the guy. Hmmm. Wonder why he doesn't get there first, is it:

A. His shooting
B. His stick
C. His laces
D. His skating

I know, D! He has a shot inferior to men I play hockey with on the weekend and that is no lie. His passing is that of an AHLer. His decision making is about equivalent to a junior player in his debut.

It's his laces, needs to tighten them up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad