Speculation: 2015/2016 TBL Roster, Rumors, and Speculation PART II

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
edit: wrong thread

but on topic srs tho
schultz sucks

No doubt. But he's also been developed in Edmonton. He'd be very, very low risk, if we were to acquire him. Not like we'd be giving up a ton for him, and, if nothing else, the kid has great offensive instincts that we could use on four PPs per night.

Might be interesting to look at him in the off-season on a deal like Hose mentioned. Something just to see if he can fill the gap between now and DeAngelo. Be a cheap #7/8.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
No doubt. But he's also been developed in Edmonton. He'd be very, very low risk, if we were to acquire him. Not like we'd be giving up a ton for him, and, if nothing else, the kid has great offensive instincts that we could use on four PPs per night.

Might be interesting to look at him in the off-season on a deal like Hose mentioned. Something just to see if he can fill the gap between now and DeAngelo. Be a cheap #7/8.

Yeah, if we can add him without giving up anything of much value, it would work. Keep him as the 6th D or pair him with Stralman even strength, hoping he'll learn from Anton, and give him an audition on the PP for a while. It'd probably be better if we get Streit but my hunch is that Philly might ask for more than we'd be willing to give.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
down to five days fellas and ladies things should start picking up quickly :)

Within 36 hours, no doubt. We've not had the usual anticipatory trades that I recall happening a bit before the deadline in prior seasons, so it might evince a sequence of quick deals now. My other question is that if we fail to make any moves at all, what is the position of the posters here? We won't ever really know what Yzerman passed up so...

To a specific point though, is it worth trading for Streit if we only have to give up say, a 2nd rounder and low level prospect, since Philly cannot retain any of that salary, not sure how I feel. He'd be a hit of $5.25, perhaps Yzerman would like to drop Carle first?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Within 36 hours, no doubt. We've not had the usual anticipatory trades that I recall happening a bit before the deadline in prior seasons, so it might evince a sequence of quick deals now. My other question is that if we fail to make any moves at all, what is the position of the posters here? We won't ever really know what Yzerman passed up so...

To a specific point though, is it worth trading for Streit if we only have to give up say, a 2nd rounder and low level prospect, since Philly cannot retain any of that salary, not sure how I feel. He'd be a hit of $5.25, perhaps Yzerman would like to drop Carle first?

im ok with condra moving im ok with drouin moving carle is a given just not sure whats out there that is solid

i have no interest really in edmonton guys at all unless is a blockbuster so not yak or schultz

montreal held pieces where i had interest in like beaulieu or even more so gilbert thought that could happen and now hes injured so that is dead i havent really went looking to what could help us ladd is obvious he can help every team but is not a great amount of d men that i see

maybe something with calgary

and is always the question what is going on with st louis

have really no interest in 38 year old d men that i dont consider to be top guys so streit i hope not

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why would anyone want Streit unless Carle is going the other way? He makes 5.25 next year and is slowing down, hasn't looked nearly as good this year. That's a terrible contract and a 35+ so we get no relief if he gets hurt.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I don't think it would be a catastrophe if we failed to make a move. We're playing very well right now.

I doubt that happens though. Yzerman tends to tinker at every TDL. Last year, we all knew we needed a D, but none of us saw the Coburn deal coming. The Connolly deal, or, more specifically, the timing of it, is probably one of the most debatable things Yzerman's ever done.

This year, our wish list is pretty much the same. At the top, we need a D, probably a righty. But it turns out those aren't easy to acquire.

I'm not sure who we'd move out. That's an even trickier question. Drouin is obviously on the block. Would we deal Condra in the first year of his deal? He likely doesn't have enough value to bring back anything to help us in the playoffs anyway. Can't see Killorn moving. I think the franchise likes him a lot, especially in the playoffs. I still wonder about Namestnikov. His value has spiked upward recently, which is the exact time Yzerman tends to deal a guy (if he ever was planning to deal him, which might not be the case)...

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
I don't think it would be a catastrophe if we failed to make a move. We're playing very well right now.

I doubt that happens though. Yzerman tends to tinker at every TDL. Last year, we all knew we needed a D, but none of us saw the Coburn deal coming. The Connolly deal, or, more specifically, the timing of it, is probably one of the most debatable things Yzerman's ever done.

This year, our wish list is pretty much the same. At the top, we need a D, probably a righty. But it turns out those aren't easy to acquire.

I'm not sure who we'd move out. That's an even trickier question. Drouin is obviously on the block. Would we deal Condra in the first year of his deal? He likely doesn't have enough value to bring back anything to help us in the playoffs anyway. Can't see Killorn moving. I think the franchise likes him a lot, especially in the playoffs. I still wonder about Namestnikov. His value has spiked upward recently, which is the exact time Yzerman tends to deal a guy (if he ever was planning to deal him, which might not be the case)...

If Killorn can't be signed this off season, Condra would probably be our replacement so I don't really see that happening. Yzerman better not trade Names, he's finally starting to find his game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Some interesting Lightning stuff here:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=14836922

Lebrun says he's heard that Steve Yzerman is: "really trying to move that Matt Carle contract." Packaging him with Drouin.

I've always believed Lebrun is the single reporter with an inside track on TB. I think he and Yzerman are friends away from the game.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If Killorn can't be signed this off season, Condra would probably be our replacement so I don't really see that happening. Yzerman better not trade Names, he's finally starting to find his game.

Marchessault, Brown or Namestnikov would replace Killorn not Condra. Condra is a 4th liner for us, and expensive one at that especially with Boyle making 2mil so you have an expensive 4th line.

I wouldn't trade Namestnikov either, we don't have any top 6 potential centers in the system. The jury is out on if Point will be a center in the pro's, if he can be then he can be a replacement, and Stephens might possibly move to wing but will most likely be a really good 3C.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Some interesting Lightning stuff here:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=14836922

Lebrun says he's heard that Steve Yzerman is: "really trying to move that Matt Carle contract." Packaging him with Drouin.

I've always believed Lebrun is the single reporter with an inside track on TB. I think he and Yzerman are friends away from the game.
I have no doubt yzerman is trying to move carle I'm sure he is

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wonder what the value in floating that Carle rumor is? I mean it's obvious the Lightning need to disappear that contract, but to float the Drouin package seems to broadcast a bit of desperation.

From a Leafs perspective, big long term salary dumps seem achievable (Clarkson, Phaneuf) as long as you dangle half serviceable NHL pieces to cash poor teams, or offer short term relief in exchange for long term relief. Not sure how a contender will dump Carle, because you need that immediate relief so bad.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I wonder what the value in floating that Carle rumor is? I mean it's obvious the Lightning need to disappear that contract, but to float the Drouin package seems to broadcast a bit of desperation.

From a Leafs perspective, big long term salary dumps seem achievable (Clarkson, Phaneuf) as long as you dangle half serviceable NHL pieces to cash poor teams, or offer short term relief in exchange for long term relief. Not sure how a contender will dump Carle, because you need that immediate relief so bad.

That's if it came from the Yzerman camp. I think it might well have been, but I could be way wrong. Might have come from another GM.

In terms of an advantage, if indeed it was from Yzerman, maybe it gets teams with cap space to push a little harder if they know they have an inside track.

The thing about it is, Carle has some sort of NTC. No one seems to know the details. I'm not sure if he'd wanted to go to a winner or a loser though, because he has to recognize he'd be squeezed out of most good rosters, whereas, on a weaker roster, he'd get a real role. ...Maybe.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i know hose will love this one but id gamble this year if was stevie get ladd and enstrom for drouin and carle

put enstrom on the power play pretty much all we would need him get him a bunch of points and trade him next year lol after the cup win of course

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
i know hose will love this one but id gamble this year if was stevie get ladd and enstrom for drouin and carle

put enstrom on the power play pretty much all we would need him get him a bunch of points and trade him next year lol after the cup win of course

It's called a salary cap, you should check it out.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/yzerman-would-prefer-to-deal-drouin-by-deadline/2266701

Lightning would prefer to deal Drouin by the deadline.

Matt Carle also hasn't been approached about a possible trade

matt carle said he has not been approached by stevie on a trade or on waiving his rights to ntc

maybe when matt signed that deal stevie knew teams he would accept to go to?

but also if he gets the we will buy you out if you dont move or bury you I cannot believe matt would push it too far to stay

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
It's called a salary cap, you should check it out.

:sarcasm: guess forgot this :sarcasm: sign :)

its been awhile since enstrom was ok on power play lol easier to buy out carle

i hate the ideal of ladd to chicago but is looking that way:(

i dont see where we need him also the drouin stuff unsure what could help us hes 895 i think you got 1.5 so thats 2.3 if could move condra thats what another 1.5? so most is 3.8 that cant get too many power play guys no on moulson dont like ericksson liue or whatever his name is

not sure on whats out there for rhd but im not really interested in franson

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Carle has a limited NTC. There must be a handful of teams where Yzerman cannot trade him to, the main issue with him is his contract, not the clause. So he won't be "approached" by SFY, he'll be traded plain and simple to a team that is not on his list, if it happens. As for Namestnikov, do not take it for granted but from what I've personally seen so far this season, he's already one of our most responsible players on the team. Points production might seem a bit disappointing but VN is already noticeable, in a good way, anywhere he's on the rink.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Carle has a limited NTC. There must be a handful of teams where Yzerman cannot trade him to, the main issue with him is his contract, not the clause. So he won't be "approached" by SFY, he'll be traded plain and simple to a team that is not on his list, if it happens. As for Namestnikov, do not take it for granted but from what I've personally seen so far this season, he's already one of our most responsible players on the team. Points production might seem a bit disappointing but VN is already noticeable, in a good way, anywhere he's on the rink.

yeah emelin has limited ntc and he has 10 teams he chose wont go to so figure is same or similar to what carle has

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hey guys wanna see a cool Jedi mind trick?

*waves hand*

the mods will close down this 1000+ post thread and continue on the new one

*waves hand*

this is not the thread you are looking for

*waves hand*

you want to go home and re-think your life...

aw **** that one didn't work!

RUN FOR THE HILLS!!

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
This is pretty awesome.

Stammer isn't a small guy but standing next to three of the tallest guys on our roster makes even him look short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad