Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Stralman, Leddy, Boychuck, Gunnarsson, Hamilton, Sekera, Yandle, all moved or picked up as UFA. Not sure Ceci is better than any of them yet, though he could become better than some. Now, Drouin is a young prospect with sky high potential, so it's a little hard to compare. I don't like people assuming he'll become the next Giroux or Kane, but he's got great value right now.

I think that Ceci has the potential to be better than ALL of those dmen. All of them.

The only one harder to surpass would be Yandle imo, but I think that Ceci's defensive game would make him better.

Ceci can be Doughty-lite. Or a better and more offensive Stralman, if you want a comparison that isn't far-fetched. Though I don't think that Doughty-LITE is far fetched. They play similarly, imo.

I see Ceci as a potential 40 point two way top-pair dman. I really think he can be that player. Especially if you have him paired with someone like Phaneuf or Methot or whichever two way dman.

Having that kinda player on the SECOND PAIRING is excellent for matchups in the playoffs and is excellent for general depth on a team. I wouldn't give that up for a potential offensive powerhouse winger in Drouin, when we already have Hoffman,Ryan,Stone. I'd rather trade OTHER assets to get a two way winger that's more of a sure thing and with a bit more experience ideally.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
It was a late first for Comrie (rental)+Campoli (young RFA defender).

Campoli didn't pan out with Ottawa and was flipped for a second that was about 20 spots back of the first they originally gave up. Meaning, Ottawa gave up something like 20 draft spots for a few years of Campoli and Comrie as a rental.

Later, the 2nd they got for Campoli was used to trade up for Puempel, so he does trace back to that original trade, but it was Campoli who was flipped not Comrie. Which he probably meant.

That first we gave up in the Camploi deal moved around a lot. It was initially San Jose's, and they moved it to Tampa in the Dan Boyle trade I believe, then it got shipped to us along with Kuba and Picard for Meszaros, from there we dealt it to the Islanders, who I believe traded it at the draft to move up, and then Anaheim selected Kyle Palimieri with it. I'm just going by memory on this, so I could have a few things wrong, but that's how I remember it.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
I don't know

But if I'm being hypothetical, 12 OV + Lazar + prospect(Puempel,Englund,Chabot,White) can get us a VERY GOOD player.

Here's the thing, that is a valuable package in a vacuum but a lot less valuable in the real world because most teams are looking for quality for quality deals if they trade the type of good to elite young player we would be looking for.

Think Jones for Johansen type of thing. Teams putting valuable assets like young, top 6 forwards on the table are likely looking for something for something specific in return, like d-men (eg Colorado, Edmonton, etc) and aren't going to accept our package in spite of how valuable it is because it doesn't fit a need for them.

Only in a complete rebuild situation like Toronto could I see them taking a package deal based entirely around futures for a young roster player.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Drouin is the real deal. BM missed the boat.

You dont know if there was a dinghy let alone a boat...he didn't miss anything as far as we know.

And if BM did then plenty of other teams with more to offer missed it to.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Here's the thing, that is a valuable package in a vacuum but a lot less valuable in the real world because most teams are looking for quality for quality deals if they trade the type of good to elite young player we would be looking for.

Think Jones for Johansen type of thing. Teams putting valuable assets like young, top 6 forwards on the table are likely looking for something for something specific in return, like d-men (eg Colorado, Edmonton, etc) and aren't going to accept our package in spite of how valuable it is because it doesn't fit a need for them.

Only in a complete rebuild situation like Toronto could I see them taking a package deal based entirely around futures for a young roster player.

Lazar isn't "futures". He's a roster player with 100+ games of NHL experience. The only thing that is "futures" is his potential.

Getting a roster player (Lazar), a very good prospect that can be a roster player as soon as next year if not the year after (White), and a 12OV pick which projects to have a good dman available is a good package, and good value for ANY team, not just a rebuilding one.

Example Colorado: They get Lazar who can slot on their 2nd or 3rd line. They get White who can slot in their lineup as well. And they get 12th OV pick with which they can draft a highly touted dman who would be very valuable in their system and would, along with Zadorov, be their best option in the future along with Johnson,Barrie,etc.

Obviously if someone offers them Seth Jones + (type of package) for Landeskog they'll take it and run, but our deal is the next best thing and is very valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad