Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Continue from last,

No to Droiun, he's just been suspended by Syracuse for a game for oversleeping...

Does this kid just not get it?

No. No he does not.. I thought he finally clued in when he came back but then he cant even last like a week till this happens..
Really hope its not us who get him, especially at the price of White/Chabot/Ceci

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I think we really shouldn't make any major trades.

We need to move Chiasson, Wiercioch, Puempel. To clear roster space.

The change needs to be led by changes to the coaching staff and maybe one UFA or smaller trade addition.

We won't get much for the guys we need to move. Mid round picks.

Hoffman Turris Stone
MacArthur Zibanejad Ryan
Smith Pageau UFA/Lazar
Dzingal Paul/White/Lazar Neil/Prospect

Phaneuf Karlsson
Methot Ceci
UFA/Chabot/Boro Wideman
Boro/Prospect

Anderson
Hammond

I really don't see us making a big trade. Or changing the roster very much. Because it really does not make a lot of sense to do it. We need a new coaching philosophy and a clear system and luck with health and we can be a vastly superior team. With Phaneuf a whole year. The growth of our younger players and maybe White or Chabot being standout rookies... We only need one or two pieces. A vet 5th D and a good two way tweener winger.

We should not trade Hoffman. He is pure skill and our leading goal scorer two years in a row. Zibanejad should not be moved either. He is still very young and has so much size and skill. Still much upside. Ryan will not be traded. Even if some fans want out of his contract.

I was not happy with this season at all. But the status quo is the way to go. At least in terms of the players. Coaching staff... All assistants... Even Bingo. All that needs to be carefully reassessed. The players... For better or worse. Are going to need to stay pretty close to the same.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
it would have to be Drouin + for Hoffman but I doubt that's the deal

I can't see teams offering really good roster players for Drouin

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

I honestly think Drouin stays in Tampa. I think Yzerman wants that. And if Drouin sticks in the NHL and gets top 6 ice time either this year or after training camp... He is happy.

I doubt Drouin gets moved... As soon as he has any good NHL success... This is forgotten by both parties.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site

Maybe a 3 way deal with Hoffman in some other city, some assets going to Tampa and Ottawa getting Drouin?

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
What about something along the lines of Hoffman (plus?) to Arizona for stone and hanzal. Gives us depth down the middle and a decent defender?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Maybe a 3 way deal with Hoffman in some other city, some assets going to Tampa and Ottawa getting Drouin?
Maybe ,like most of us sane fans .We all understand we just dont have the right mix ,but we have the assets to try and change this .Which i think is a safe thing to say this team should look much different ,next season

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Lets just keep Hoffman. Stop trying to trade him. He is the real deal

I feel 1/2 our problem is weak depth at every position. If we want change the bad has to go but fixing it with prospects is a terrible idea.

We need to move something of value and get back nhl players. We'll never get anywhere promoting 3-4 rookies a season.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Dreger on Drouin: "I'm told, from somebody who is close to him, that he had three alarm clocks set and none of them went off." #TBLightning

Do not want

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Why would you need to set 3 alarm clocks? Why would somebody even own that many?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Continue from last,

No to Droiun, he's just been suspended by Syracuse for a game for oversleeping...

We should get him and Ho-Sang and Kane and just have them entertain us instead of wasting our time watching games.

The gift that keeps on giving.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Continue from last,

:laugh:

I honestly think Drouin stays in Tampa. I think Yzerman wants that. And if Drouin sticks in the NHL and gets top 6 ice time either this year or after training camp... He is happy.

I doubt Drouin gets moved... As soon as he has any good NHL success... This is forgotten by both parties.

Don't most coaches in the NHL start rookies on the 4th line & wait for them to show they deserve more ice time or to move up in the lineup? Tamp is a pretty good team right now & I'm not even sure if Drouin has proven enough to push anyone off the roster. I wouldn't be surprised if he is dealt at the draft for a mid to late 1st rd pick, I would think his value is slowly dropping.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
:laugh:

Don't most coaches in the NHL start rookies on the 4th line & wait for them to show they deserve more ice time or to move up in the lineup? Tamp is a pretty good team right now & I'm not even sure if Drouin has proven enough to push anyone off the roster. I wouldn't be surprised if he is dealt at the draft for a mid to late 1st rd pick, I would think his value is slowly dropping.

There is zero chance of that happening.

Do you think that his value has dropped to something so small since Colin White in a package was turned down?

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Continue from last,

Lets be honest. Who dont oversleeps even once ? I did it at list 10 times in my life. And if i start to describe whats went wrong, you dont believe me, but crazy things are happening. And all of my co-workers oversleeps at times. Dont want to defend him, but maybe he is just extremely unlucky ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad