Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I don't know how much money Drouin will save us if we trade for him. He only has one more year on his ELC and he seems like the exact opposite of a guy who'd be willing to take a cheap bridge contract. Numerous trade requests and sitting out for half the year is a pretty good indication that he thinks he's a much better player than he actually is.

Could see him putting up good numbers next season and then immediately demanding a big contract. He's the exact opposite of a team player, why would he take a hit to his wallet by re-signing for cheap?

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
SHAD0W0lF101

It would not be saving money as he would get just as much if not more then Hoffman.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He's currently ranked 11th in points amongst RW's, and has one less point than Perry, and 3 more points than Voracek, 5 more than Kessel. He is also only 13 points back of the 2nd most points amongst RWs.

13 points is pretty significant. Not that I expect him to lead all RWs in scoring but it's definitely not "only" 13 points.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, cause we want to be trading for a guy who missed a team meeting and got benched. Those guys are always high end character players, right?

http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/03/23/lightnings-jonathan-drouin-misses-meeting-sits-out-ahl-game

ouch!

I really don't get what's going on in the heads of some of these kids. Drouin, Ho Sang, Kane(s).....

Do they have any idea how easy it would be for the old boys' club to essentially blacklist these guys and end any hopes of playing pro in North America? Why keep poking the bear? They're getting millions to play a game.....suck it up, play by their rules, and then party/act stupid/sleep in/whatever after your playing days are over.

Damn kids.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
ouch!

I really don't get what's going on in the heads of some of these kids. Drouin, Ho Sang, Kane(s).....

Do they have any idea how easy it would be for the old boys' club to essentially blacklist these guys and end any hopes of playing pro in North America? Why keep poking the bear? They're getting millions to play a game.....suck it up, play by their rules, and then party/act stupid/sleep in/whatever after your playing days are over.

Damn kids.
Meh ,makes him cheaper now :laugh:

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
I don't know how much money Drouin will save us if we trade for him. He only has one more year on his ELC and he seems like the exact opposite of a guy who'd be willing to take a cheap bridge contract. Numerous trade requests and sitting out for half the year is a pretty good indication that he thinks he's a much better player than he actually is.

Could see him putting up good numbers next season and then immediately demanding a big contract. He's the exact opposite of a team player, why would he take a hit to his wallet by re-signing for cheap?

He would be cheaper next season and if the team "has" to make the playoffs then you worry about that first and then deal with the seasons after that when they come.

Maybe the Sens believe this guy is going to be a big star - which is another possibility. If they believe that, then that would be the big reason to get him and forget about the rest.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He would be cheaper next season and if the team "has" to make the playoffs then you worry about that first and then deal with the seasons after that when they come.

Maybe the Sens believe this guy is going to be a big star - which is another possibility. If they believe that, then that would be the big reason to get him and forget about the rest.
Thinking we may swap out one precieved problem child ,we have in Hoffy for someone elses younger one

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Thinking we may swap out one precieved problem child ,we have in Hoffy for someone elses younger one

You know, I'm almost tempted to do that. I think Hoff is the better player.....but the environment here has turned toxic. Even if Cameron is axed this summer, realistically there is a good chance the next coach treats him the same way.

At least with Drouin, we have a few years left before he hits UFA.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
You know, I'm almost tempted to do that. I think Hoff is the better player.....but the environment here has turned toxic. Even if Cameron is axed this summer, realistically there is a good chance the next coach treats him the same way.

At least with Drouin, we have a few years left before he hits UFA.
Yep ,it all fits TBH .We were the frontrunners in the race for this reason ,now Hoffy may be too expensive for TB ,but what we could get back for him plus a small add should put us there .Seems like a low risk ,high reward type of move. For a player that isnt likely to be in the plans long term,in Hoffy

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
If Tampa loses Stamkos this summer, I think they take a Hoffman-Drouin deal in a heartbeat. Have to replace some of those Stammer goals somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad