Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If we were going to trade Ryan, a significantly overpaid player would be coming back. Ryan's contract with his production over the past 3yrs is a toxic combo.

I think we could get back two good pieces of we took back a really really bad piece.

Ryan isn't an overpaid horrible player. He's an overpaid decent one

I think it would be the silfverberg trade. Just minus subtract one of those pieces for a bad contract.

Othello*

Bobby Ryan
Patrick Wiercioch

For

Tyler Ennis
Two 2nds

Most Buffalo fans were ok with this.

Last edited by a moderator:

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I would consider it too. He has better ties to Philly though.

What would we have to add to get Ivan Provorov? Ryan & Wiercoch do it? Ryan & Chiasson?

Ryan for Konecny and 2nd?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think we could get back two good pieces of we took back a really really bad piece.

Ryan isn't an overpaid horrible player. He's an overpaid decent one

I think it would be the silfverberg trade. Just minus subtract one of those pieces for a bad contract.
Yep,and he is about 1.2 mil overpaid .Ryan was a 5.5 mil player when we got him ,at 6 mil or so he is exactly were he should be .But we needed to resign him so....

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009

What would we have to add to get Ivan Provorov? Ryan & Wiercoch do it? Ryan & Chiasson?

Their big on Provorov...probably want Chabot or White

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
At this point, I'd do that trade, too. I'm not really an Ennis fan, but I'd take him just to get away from Ryan's contract.

I'd do that trade too, easily.

I don't even care what happens with Ennis, he's fine and his salary for the 3 upcoming seasons is under 4M.

I honestly hope the next GM sees the light and isn't afraid to make big moves. Ryan at that price is just horrible for a budget team and I think we could be able to deal him if we don't wait too long.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Many said he was over paid.

I don't think you are talking about the right player.

Who said that Silfverberg is overpaid? When we traded him he was on his ELC and right now he's making 3.75M ... a pretty good deal for what he brings.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
This has got to be the weirdest fan base out there. You guys are just running around with your pitchforks and torches all the time ready to pounce on the next guy. This board is mob mentality at its finest.

Every little miscue, error or sign of weakness in your flavour of the month kicktoy is exaggerated a thousand fold. Ryan fell last game. Better make sure we post that over and over to make the point. Then it becomes he has no balance, then no conditioning, next thing you'll be criticizing his spare time hobbies (see last month's ragdoll, 23 year old #2C: DJ Mika).

Now you guys have decided as a group to hate Ryan because he signed a MARKET VALUE contract to stay in YOUR SMALL hockey market. You knew what you were getting. You were thrilled with it at the time. You argued with Philly fans that they'd never have him.

So who is gonna be next? When Hoffman signs for anything over 5M will you hate him? When Karlsson is up for renewal and his ask is 10M X 8 will you guys turn on him? What about the saviour Stone? When he wants 7.25M is he the next one to the stake to be torched?

I swear this board won't be happy until the roster is all ELC players picked in the top 10. If that's what you're hoping for, the Leafs board is only a click away.

Sorry for the rant, this just needed to be said by someone.

Carry on...

Simpsons-angry-mob-pitchfork-torches.jpg

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
This has got to be the weirdest fan base out there. You guys are just running around with your pitchforks and torches all the time ready to pounce on the next guy. This board is mob mentality at its finest.

Every little miscue, error or sign of weakness in your flavour of the month kicktoy is exaggerated a thousand fold. Ryan fell last game. Better make sure we post that over and over to make the point. Then it becomes he has no balance, then no conditioning, next thing you'll be criticizing his spare time hobbies (see last month's ragdoll, 23 year old #2C: DJ Mika).

Now you guys have decided as a group to hate Ryan because he signed a MARKET VALUE contract to stay in YOUR SMALL hockey market. You knew what you were getting. You were thrilled with it at the time. You argued with Philly fans that they'd never have him.

So who is gonna be next? When Hoffman signs for anything over 5M will you hate him? When Karlsson is up for renewal and his ask is 10M X 8 will you guys turn on him? What about the saviour Stone? When he wants 7.25M is he the next one to the stake to be torched?

I swear this board won't be happy until the roster is all ELC players picked in the top 10. If that's what you're hoping for, the Leafs board is only a click away.

Carry on...

Its true and a big reason why spezza left.

The same fans that hated on spezza are the same fans who wonder why our centers are meh and wish we had him back

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004

None of these are even close. Ryan has negative-to-no value with his current contract. Konecny and Provorov are A-level prospects.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
7.25M is market value for a 55 point complimentary winger? Okay.

Maybe in 2025.

There's a difference between market value for what YOU WERE, as compared to what YOU ARE.

Bobby Ryan got that deal because he was a 30 goal scorer and to the very least 65-70 point player, at least he was supposed to be.

If today he is a 55 point player what is it going to be in 3-4-5 years? We'll be standing here stuck with him not being able to sign key players because we signed him to what was fair market value for the player he was in 2011.

If that sounds great then I don't know what to say. Part of the reason people were happy that Ryan signed here was exactly because we didn't want to lose him for NOTHING, and most people had hoped he could rebound to become a 30G scorer but obviously he never did that again and never will and that's where the problem is, not that we were happy at the time. Canes fans were also fine with the Jordan Staal deal at first, now not so much because we live in the present and not the past.

Last edited:

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Yeah, Ryan's market value at the time of signing was based on the assumption he would be a 65 pt, 30 goal scorer.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
7.25M is market value for a 55 point complimentary winger? Okay.

Maybe in 2025.

There's a difference between market value for what YOU WERE, as compared to what YOU ARE.

Bobby Ryan got that deal because he was a 30 goal scorer and to the very least 65-70 point player.

If today he is a 55 point player what is it going to be in 3-4 years? We'll be standing here stuck with him not being able to sign key players because we signed him to what was fair market value for the player he was in 2011.

And then there is the Phaneuf contract.

At some point you have to look at who gave them those contracts or agreed to take on those contracts.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
give ryan a center and he will reach 60+pts no problem

I find it interesting that people jump on Ryan but if anyone watches the games you can see that when anyone is put with Zibanejad their offense disappears...even stone

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
give ryan a center and he will reach 60+pts no problem

I find it interesting that people jump on Ryan but if anyone watches the games you can see that when anyone is put with Zibanejad their offense disappears...even stone

I agree that Ryan needs a good buddy on and off the ice. I can't say for sure he doesn't have one, I just get the feeling. At least a better on ice buddy.
Best I can guess is that Mac Turris and Ryan get along pretty good.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Well in NHL 16. I gave up Ryan a 1st and a prospect for konecny provorov and a few bad contracts. So. There's your irrefutable answer

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

Carry on...

This exactly.

Some on this board have a huge problem with understanding context and different situations.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
And then there is the Phaneuf contract.

At some point you have to look at who gave them those contracts or agreed to take on those contracts.

I would not blame this fully on Murray since he was handcuffed. Ryan at the time was available and players who are 30 goal and 70 point players were just never available especially right in their ''prime''. I like that Murray went in and made the deal but Ryan didn't do his part. A deal has to be fulfilled by both sides, Ryan just didn't fulfill his.

We got Ryan in the hopes that he could be that player that would produce 70 points, not 55 or even less. Now when Ryan signed his contract he had an alright season, nothing crazy but he was injured towards the end of the season and that lead the Sens to believe that maybe he slowed down due to that injury and would've provided more if it wasn't for that.

For what we gave to get Ryan, we had basically no choice but to sign him and odds were that he could give us more than what he had shown in that 1 year with us so they signed him to a long term deal. I'm also fine with that, you obviously don't want to let him walk either.

The problem is that Ryan never was that player Murray hoped. We gave him a contract based on those 30 goal seasons and 1 season where he was injured and played fine until he had his injury. I don't blame Murray in the circumstances, it's tough but he took a gamble and lost.

It really is a situation where it isn't anybody's fault but Ryan's IMO. Ryan has the talent to be one of the best players in the NHL but he never will be. The fact that he can play like he did for the first half of the last two seasons but goes on to play the last 40 games like he does is just insane. I've never seen players with such radical change between first and second half or a season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad