Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I agree that Ryan needs a good buddy on and off the ice. I can't say for sure he doesn't have one, I just get the feeling. At least a better on ice buddy.
Best I can guess is that Mac Turris and Ryan get along pretty good.

Anytime Ryan and Turris are together they look really good cause Turris can actually think at Ryan's level

But stone also works really well with Turris so its hard to break that up

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Anytime Ryan and Turris are together they look really good cause Turris can actually think at Ryan's level

But stone also works really well with Turris so its hard to break that up

the good part about stone is that he works well with anyone and because of that we should start next year with the Mac-Turris-Ryan line and either give this smith-pageau-stone line another chance or stack our top 6

putting stone back with turris would break up one line thats working now and would force us to try zibby and ryan again and that just doesnt work

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
the good part about stone is that he works well with anyone and because of that we should start next year with the Mac-Turris-Ryan line and either give this smith-pageau-stone line another chance or stack our top 6

putting stone back with turris would break up one line thats working now and would force us to try zibby and ryan again and that just doesnt work

Stone and Zibby wasn't that great either.

Pageau is a better 'center' than Zibby I think

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
This has got to be the weirdest fan base out there. You guys are just running around with your pitchforks and torches all the time ready to pounce on the next guy. This board is mob mentality at its finest.

Every little miscue, error or sign of weakness in your flavour of the month kicktoy is exaggerated a thousand fold. Ryan fell last game. Better make sure we post that over and over to make the point. Then it becomes he has no balance, then no conditioning, next thing you'll be criticizing his spare time hobbies (see last month's ragdoll, 23 year old #2C: DJ Mika).

Now you guys have decided as a group to hate Ryan because he signed a MARKET VALUE contract to stay in YOUR SMALL hockey market. You knew what you were getting. You were thrilled with it at the time. You argued with Philly fans that they'd never have him.

So who is gonna be next? When Hoffman signs for anything over 5M will you hate him? When Karlsson is up for renewal and his ask is 10M X 8 will you guys turn on him? What about the saviour Stone? When he wants 7.25M is he the next one to the stake to be torched?

I swear this board won't be happy until the roster is all ELC players picked in the top 10. If that's what you're hoping for, the Leafs board is only a click away.

Sorry for the rant, this just needed to be said by someone.

Carry on...

Simpsons-angry-mob-pitchfork-torches.jpg

Just to be clear, what is going on here is NOT representative of the Sens fanbase, nor is it an accurate reflection of HF boards fans.

What we're seeing here is the same 5-8 posters in every thread saying the same crap over and over again, negative pot shots over and over again, using each other's opinions as fact and then spiraling out of control over and over again. It's at the point for the last few years where most of the thoughtful posters just don't post very often, like yourself.

It's like in real life where the downers have made so much noise with each other, that those who actually like the team and seek to enjoy being fans simply go elsewhere to interact with each other. This leaves the downers alone together to do what they will. Sens HF boards is a little window into what they do when put in a room together. Entertaining to watch sometimes, humourous to stir their pot occasionally, but mostly just boring and sad. Definitely not reflective of the majority of us.

The lounge though, some good stuff goes on in there :)

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Stone and Zibby wasn't that great either.

Pageau is a better 'center' than Zibby I think

i would be in favor of this to start

mac-turris-ryan
hoffman-zibby-anyone but chiasson who should be in europe
smith-pageau-stone

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Not to be a downer but Ryan is currently the 6th highest paid RW in the league, behind Kane, Tarasenko, Kessel, Voracek, and Perry. :laugh:

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Not to be a downer but Ryan is currently the 6th highest paid RW in the league, behind Kane, Tarasenko, Kessel, Voracek, and Perry. :laugh:

He's currently ranked 11th in points amongst RW's, and has one less point than Perry, and 3 more points than Voracek, 5 more than Kessel. He is also only 13 points back of the 2nd most points amongst RWs.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He's currently ranked 11th in points amongst RW's, and has one less point than Perry, and 3 more points than Voracek, 5 more than Kessel. He is also only 13 points back of the 2nd most points amongst RWs.

Get outta here with all your stats and facts.

This thread is for accusations only. :sarcasm:

SuperDuper101

May 15, 2013

He's also 11th in RW scoring. Only about 10 points out of 3rd-4th. Points which he'd probably have if Mac & Turris were healthy all year. Ryan has been fine, he doesn't drive possession, but he does produce. Just need to match him with players that can compensate for his weak spot (possession #'s). In terms of other stuff, HERO charts have him producing on a 1st line level in every other metric.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
i would be in favor of this to start

mac-turris-ryan
hoffman-zibby-anyone but chiasson who should be in europe
smith-pageau-stone

I'm hoping that we re-sign Ceci and Hoffman, let Wier and Chiasson go, and then ice the following:

mac-turris-ryan
hoffman-zibby-...maybe White, Lazar (shift Paul to center, and add Dzingel) or UFA like tanguay, Chimera or with our luck Stewart?
smith-pageau-stone
Paul-Lazar-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Boro/Claesson/Wikstrand:sarcasm:-Wideman

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Not that this isn't good, because looking at the big picture being 11th in RW production isn't bad and I think people are not complaining necessarily for right now as compared to the length of his contract. There's no doubt that Ryan is overpaid though. There's definitely a problem if you look at Ryan playing for the last 40 games of last season and the past 30 games. Yes, he has points, but the fact that he plays the way he does is extremely worrying. I think people are worried because what happens if he plays like he is currently playing for a full season? I have a hard time believing that some people here are not worried about the way he plays, even people defending him.

Over the past 25 games, Ryan has 4 goals and 9 points and is -16.
(Not that +/- is a great stat but that's just not good any way you shape it)

Over the last 35 games of last season, Ryan had 4 goals and 17 points.

That's a total of 60 games with 8 goals and 28 points. That's not even 40 points and 15 goals over a full year.

I'm aware that Ryan was also playing really well (at least statistically) for the first 40 games of each season and to counter my worries somebody could say ''well he could also play a full year at PPG'', but when looking forward I'm HOPING he can keep that up and worried that he'll end up playing full seasons like he's playing right now in 3-4-5 years at 7.25M. It really certainly looks like it isn't a stretch to believe that it could happen.

There's some really obvious and worrying red flags with Ryan... From his possession numbers, to his conditioning and skating, and to his consistency ...

In 2011/12

Marian Gaborik was 2nd best RW

in 2013/14

Alex Semin was the 5th best RW
PA Parenteau was 6th
Chris Stewart was 10th

(All in front of Corey Perry by the way)

in 2014/15

Radim Vrbata was 8th

All of these players have regressed significantly. Looking only at today is honestly shortsighted. Look at Ryan play, I don't see much in him that tells me he'll stay in that group in the future. Looking at guys like Pominville, Gaborik, Brown, Vrbata, Semin, you could easily see that they were not trending in the right direction and it is kind of the same thing with Ryan right now.

Could he play really well next year and get 65 points? I think he could, but his contract in a couple years based on the facts mentioned above is just a recipe for disaster.

To look at this whole situation and the only thing that you take out is that Ryan is 11th in RW scoring is a living in Lalaland. There's some good with Ryan, his production isn't horrible, but the bad is very concerning. I think there's more to be concerned about.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not that this isn't good, because looking at the big picture being 11th in RW production isn't bad and I think people are not complaining necessarily for right now as compared to the length of his contract. There's no doubt that Ryan is overpaid though. There's definitely a problem if you look at Ryan playing for the last 40 games of last season and the past 30 games. Yes, he has points, but the fact that he plays the way he does is extremely worrying. I think people are worried because what happens if he plays like he is currently playing for a full season?

Over the past 25 games, Ryan has 4 goals and 9 points and is -16.
(Not that +/- is a great stat but that's just not good any way you shape it)

Over the last 35 games of last season, Ryan had 4 goals and 17 points.

That's a total of 60 games with 8 goals and 28 points. That's not even 40 points and 15 goals over a full year.

I'm aware that Ryan was also playing really well (at least statistically) for the first 40 games of each season and to counter my worries somebody could say ''well he could also play a full year at PPG'', but when looking forward I'm HOPING he can keep that up and worried that he'll end up playing full seasons like he's playing right now in 3-4-5 years at 7.25M. It really certainly looks like it isn't a stretch to believe that it could happen.

There's some really obvious and worrying red flags with Ryan... From his possession numbers, to his conditioning and skating, and to his consistency ...

In 2011/12

Marian Gaborik was 2nd best RW

in 2013/14

Alex Semin was the 5th best RW
PA Parenteau was 6th
Chris Stewart was 10th

(All in front of Corey Perry by the way)

in 2014/15

Radim Vrbata was 8th

All of these players have regressed significantly. Looking only at today is honestly shortsighted. Look at Ryan play, I don't see much in him that tells me he'll stay in that group in the future.

Well, it's not like Ryan ever relied on his skating, and honestly I don't think his skating looks any worse than it did back when he was in anaheim.

His hands are still silky smooth, and his late season slump might be attributable to factors like Turris' injury which has him playing with Gomez and Zibanejad. Turris is a much better match for Ryan imo, as his skill set is far more complimentary.

I do hope that he works on his conditioning this offseason, maybe he could shed a few pounds like Neil did.

As for your comparissons, Gaborik and Semin had a string of inuries that they never recovered from, Parenteau was 47th among RW in 13/14 are you thinking of 11/12 when he was riding shotgun to Tavares and Stewart was 58th (are you thinking 12-13?)

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Exactly! Ryan is a legit top winger. His contract is fair. He has always been streaky, most players are, but he's not a liability when he isn't scoring. Like you know, Hoffman.

Good community guy, never shies away from the media . . . i don't know why people are so intent to throw him under the bus.

Of course i wondered that about Spezza, Redden and countless others too

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Well, it's not like Ryan ever relied on his skating, and honestly I don't think his skating looks any worse than it did back when he was in anaheim.

His hands are still silky smooth, and his late season slump might be attributable to factors like Turris' injury which has him playing with Gomez and Zibanejad. Turris is a much better match for Ryan imo, as his skill set is far more complimentary.

I do hope that he works on his conditioning this offseason, maybe he could shed a few pounds like Neil did.

As for your comparissons, Gaborik and Semin had a string of inuries that they never recovered from, Parenteau was 47th among RW in 13/14 are you thinking of 11/12 when he was riding shotgun to Tavares and Stewart was 58th (are you thinking 12-13?)

Pretty sure he also rebroke his finger once or twice. That catches up with ya.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Did I hear right last night that Garrioch expects Drouin to be a Sen next year?
It was his prediction. I don't think he was saying he thought it would happen.

They had him do a segment predicting the Sens roster next year. I wouldn't take it to the bank or anything.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It was his prediction. I don't think he was saying he thought it would happen.

They had him do a segment predicting the Sens roster next year. I wouldn't take it to the bank or anything.

Ya that's what I thought, I had the game on in the background while doing some work. Thanks.

Othello*

7.5Mil is not good value for a 50-55 point winger no matter how you cut it.

SHAD0W0lF101

Mar 21, 2016
Kingston
Yeah, cause we want to be trading for a guy who missed a team meeting and got benched. Those guys are always high end character players, right?

http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/03/23/lightnings-jonathan-drouin-misses-meeting-sits-out-ahl-game
I just don't want Drouin. He'll just cost too much and sure, he's unhappy but he's not handling anything well at all.

But Melnyk needs those ELCs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cuts have to be made for next year so that's why Hoffman is as good as gone and we are pushing so hard to get someone chea and young to replace him.

I'm getting really tired of this team

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I just don't want Drouin. He'll just cost too much and sure, he's unhappy but he's not handling anything well at all.

But Melnyk needs those ELCs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cuts have to be made for next year so that's why Hoffman is as good as gone and we are pushing so hard to get someone chea and young to replace him.

I'm getting really tired of this team
Yeah j don't think acquiring drouin would be about saving money. It would be about acquiring an elite talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad