Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Frustrating to see Calgary get more for freaking 18 games of Russel than we did for a whole year of a career ppg center, infuriating.

I swear this org. is dumb sometimes why the F are we looking for a center? It's like they really have no clue sometimes. I'd hope that is false considering we have

Zib Pageau Smith Lazar Dzingel and Paul who are all natural centers on the roster. Considering it took them 3 years to understand that what we had inside the org on defense was absolute trash it wouldn't surprise me that they are really looking for a C.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pretty much is ,seeing as most agree he cant play with grinders such as neil lazar ,Smith etc.And doesnt do much when put into the top 6 either ,but at least he can use the skill everybody keeps raving about ,but we have yet to see it translate into nothing more than 3 goals:nod:

He looked pretty good with Smith and Neil, made that line look dangerous. The trio combined for 57% GF, and 63% CF in around 83 mins (very small sample admittadly; about 8 games worth)

Honestly, I think Prince would do fine with either of Lazar or Paul and Chiasson or Neil.

lafite

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Rumour has it that Prince goes to Buf. for McGinn. Mind you, the rumour is coming from me and I am pulling it out of my bum, but why not

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Frustrating to see Calgary get more for freaking 18 games of Russel than we did for a whole year of a career ppg center, infuriating.

I swear this org. is dumb sometimes why the F are we looking for a center? It's like they really have no clue sometimes. I'd hope that is false considering we have

Zib Pageau Smith Lazar Dzingel and Paul who are all natural centers on the roster. Considering it took them 3 years to understand that what we had inside the org on defense was absolute trash it wouldn't surprise me that they are really looking for a C.

Keep in mind Spezza nixed the Nashville deal that would have been huge.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016

Out of all those guys, Zibanejad is the only one who has shown anything close to being a full time NHL top 6 centre.

Pageau looked alright with Stone, but inconsistently. To say we have depth at C when a bunch of those guys clearly are not top 6 C material doesn't make any sense.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He looked pretty good with Smith and Neil, made that line look dangerous. The trio combined for 57% GF, and 63% CF in around 83 mins (very small sample admittadly; about 8 games worth)

Honestly, I think Prince would do fine with either of Lazar or Paul and Chiasson or Neil.
And we might get to see if he can do that ,but again i wouldnt be surprised if doesnt get that chance .He has had over half a season to nail down a job and hasnt done it ,and has now been pushed down the depth charts based on who is and has played before him

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If that was the asking price for Russel, wth is Vancouver asking for Hamhuis?

Hamhuis has a NTC though and will only accept a trade to some teams. That will definitely affect his value. Apparently Van had a good offer by Boston but Hamhuis will only go to a legitimate cup contender.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Keep in mind Spezza nixed the Nashville deal that would have been huge.

LOL, that's funny. You're trying to bring up context on HFSens.

You'd be better off explaining the astronomical significance of gravitational waves to some posters than try to press the importance of context in hockey moves on this site.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Out of all those guys, Zibanejad is the only one who has shown anything close to being a full time NHL top 6 centre.

Pageau looked alright with Stone, but inconsistently. To say we have depth at C when a bunch of those guys clearly are not top 6 C material doesn't make any sense.

Why not try Lazar? With the season we're having why not try the young guys?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

while it's frustrating, market sets the value. If there was a bigger market for Spezza, we'd have gotten more value. Spezza's market was restricted by his NTC which obviously hurt, and there really seems to be a premium on Dmen this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad