Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
There were other guys that were waiver eligible that were cut (well, waived so that they could be cut) at the same time as Dzingel though.

Dzingel was sent down before Paul, McCormick, O'Dell, Puempel and Prince. Surely if he were close to or as you suggest beating out Prince, he'd have stuck around longer. Surely had he been better than Prince, he'd have been a call up instead of Dzuirinzki, or McCormick early in the season?

Thank god you showed up.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well you're wrong simple as that. Its hard to debate with someone who refuses to use facts.
Has Prince be benched in favor of almost everybody we have in the system and Boro ??Because this is a fact .Look wanting a guy to succeed and being blind to the fact he hasnt.Isnt about whom is wrong or right,we all wished he would have succeeded .But in truth he just didnt

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Well then he didnt do enough with it ,he was given a big time opportunity .Macarther and Milo being both out for an extended amount of time ,we could have used his exceptional skill .Too bad you are actually overhyping him and making excuses about the coach not wanting any exceptional skill on that depleted left side.

Or maybe the coach isnt dumb and can see for all his skill he really doesnt do much of anything except be a defensive liabilty which we already had in spades on that left side:nod:

Prince averaged 10:37 TOI/game playing the majority of his time on the 4th line with Neil, Smith, McCormick etc, not a role that played to his strengths.

When Prince had the opportunity to play top six minutes he played well, but didn't finish the multiple opportunities he had.

So I don't blame Cameron for moving him down in the lineup, but did think the 4th line was extreme.

Looking at it statistically it does appear Cameron wanted a physical presence over skill, that is why Boro was played there, then subsequently Smith.

Fact is Prince had a higher rate of production than Neil, Chaisson, McCormick, DD, Smith (prior to his move) and not far behind Michalek.

At the same time Neil, DD, McCormick are all minus players, while Prince was a plus player.

So the statistical evidence indicates Prince wasn't playing for reasons beyond his performance.

FYI Think you need to re-examine your all your harping on this weak left side theory you have.

Every LW on this team is a plus player, with the exception of Dziurzynski -4, and the LD is plus with the exception of Boro -4 and Phaneuf -1.

The right side is a different story Ryan -11, Stone -10, McCormick -4, Neil -1, and Wideman -2.

I also think you are understating the importance of the centers in the defensive system where Turris is -15, Zibanejad-2, and Smith was a minus player before the switch to the wing.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Dzingel is now getting the "Shane Prince treatment", banished to the bench for really no reason whatsoever, so not really sure what we are debating here.

The reality is, DC loathes the young guys with no NHL experience and continues to throw out Chris Neil as our extra-attacker when need be and continues giving Alex Chiasson the longest rope ever seen in a Nation Hockey League rink. The problem isn't Prince or Dzingel, the problem is that our organization (DC & BM) feel like these guys need to do more to "earn" their ice time, while our management is way too focused on "glue guys"

Dzingel played 7:21 Saturday night and 5:46 Thursday night.

How long before we start wondering what happened to Ryan Dzingel?? Oh ya, that's right, Dave Cameron happened....

Stop with all the well thought out arguments based on facts it will assuredly go over his head.

How long with Dzingel play with confidence if he is benched for next to nothing... Prince lasted 20/25 games before his play diminished I hope Dzingel lasts longer. But hopefully by then this organization has a real NHL coach.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Has Prince be benched in favor of almost everybody we have in the system and Boro ??Because this is a fact .Look wanting a guy to succeed and being blind to the fact he hasnt.Isnt about whom is wrong or right,we all wished he would have succeeded .But in truth he just didnt

He was fantastic to start the year, the fact that I have a memory that lasts longer than a mouse shouldnt be held against me.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He was fantastic to start the year, the fact that I have a memory that lasts longer than a mouse shouldnt be held against me.
And i have admitted as much ,but he then slowed to a crawl. Then to nothing.The opportunity was there for him ,with both Macarther and Milo going down ,yet he didnt seize it .This isnt the coach,s problem its his

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Not really. Tanguay is worthless, but Bleackley and Wood are pretty good prospects. Wood especially, really underrated prospect.

Bleackley wasn't even signed and Woods is alright but nothing special. This is like Ottawa trading Legwand, Cowen and Lindberg for Boedker.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Brent Wallace on TSN now.

Nick Paul is gonna move to center if we can't find a center in the next 90 min

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
And i have admitted as much ,but he then slowed to a crawl. Then to nothing.The opportunity was there for him ,with both Macarther and Milo going down ,yet he didnt seize it .This isnt the coach,s problem its his

Player management certainly is the coach's job. You probably think the fact this teams special teams play and neutral zone play has nothing to do with the coach either.

Use your eyes, go watch a sens game from the start of the year now watch prince play now. He isnt remotely the same player. He actually carried the puck and made plays now he just dumps it in and dishes it as soon as he gets it. He had great puck control now its aweful. He has draft pedigree and production pedigree better than almost all the prospects currently competing for spots. He didnt just lose his talent he lost his confidence.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
They may have wanted him in the AHL for more development. Doesn't mean he wasn't the best prospect in camp and I thought he was.

DzingEL being in Ottawa and bumping guys down the lineup kind of shows that opinion wasn't far off.

I like Dzingel and believe he will be a player, but maybe too much is being read into his early success.

Two points in his first two games, then two over his next ten games.

His TOI went from 5 1/2 minutes to a high of 14 1/2 minutes and has now dropped back to the 6-7 minute level.

The reason he is in the lineup ahead of Prince is his size and willingness to be physical IMO.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Brent Wallace on TSN now.

Nick Paul is gonna move to center if we can't find a center in the next 90 min

I dont mind that... A big lefty good on draws look forward to seeing what he can do.

This is the projected lineup I assume.

Hoffman Zibanejad Ryan
Smith Pageau Stone
Dzingel Lazar Chiasson
Prince Paul Neil

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Bleackley looks like a decent prospect but good for them not having to give up the first

Colorado probably wasn't going to sign Bleackley, so they really gave up a pick at the end of the second round which is what they would have received as compensation had they not signed him.

Whether Arizona likes Bleackley, or will take the pick instead, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad