Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
A lot of the time on deadline day, trades happen quickly.

3/4ers of the league might have not even known Pirri would be available that cheaply.

McGuire thinks that Tallon might have tried to do Pirri a favour here by dealing him to Ducks. Puts a kid he drafted in a good situation on a good team. That's the only reason that makes sense to me.

I just don't understand why any team would trade big assets for Drouin or fair value for Yakupov when you can get a 24 year old career 0.5 PPG goal scorer for a 6th. Would have been fine giving up a 3rd + more for Pirri.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
TBH iam not too surprised we arent making moves ,we dont have rental pieces for a contender .And we dont have much use for other teams failed prospects ,we already have guys like Chia,Prince ,Puemple Macormick.Dzingle,Paul ETC to sift through .We need to see if anybody here or in the system can show that they deserve a shot and/or a long look at for a job for us next season .

We have more coming fellas ,need to make room for them to play either here on in the ahl

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I think pirri' value probably shows why nothing is happening. Rather this than overpay.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Its cool, GMBM is just playin it coy while he finalizes Giroux to Ottawa for Weicioch and Chiasson

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
At these prices, just hang on and try again at the draft. Nobody's a UFA so we don't need to rush it.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
He has been one of the most active one's gms.

Do tell. Are you counting his "pursuit" of Drouin? Or his "active shopping" or Weircoich and Prince? Or that he has "fielded" calls on Smith? Surely to gawd we're not including the "blockbuster" AHL trade?

Results. Matter.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I will be upset if we don't trade Wiercioch. It makes absolutely zero sense to keep him here for the rest of the season.

1) he's not going to be qualified, let alone re-signed
2) he isn't helping the team in any capacity right now riding the bench
3) the team would get a good amount of savings by trading him and replacing him with Claesson or a different AHL defenseman
4) Mike freaking Weber and Eric Gelinas returned 3rd round picks, if Wiercioch can't return a mid round pick at the very least, than Murray is absolutely incompetent at his job
5) he's a good kid and has worked hard for us in his career here, would be a good move on our part to send him to another team to resurrect his career

I really don't care if it's a 3rd round pick or a 7th, he needs to be moved. Do your job Murray.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Maybe he's only getting Pirri offers (ie: 6th or 7th round pick), and thinks he can get a 3rd or 4th at the draft?

It's not like a 6th rounder does anything for us right now.

If we aren't making playoffs I want Claesson to get looks, thus Wier shouldn't play again this season, that only diminishes his value.

Also, why is Chiasson not being shopped?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Maybe he's only getting Pirri offers (ie: 6th or 7th round pick), and thinks he can get a 3rd or 4th at the draft?

It's not like a 6th rounder does anything for us right now.

Meh, there are worse things than having Wier as your 7th Dman. I'd have liked to see him get a shot somewhere else, but whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->