Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I kinda agree....to a point.

Having Turris and RNH as our top two centers (in the post Aragon quoted) scares me....a lot. Don't get me wrong, they are both amazing players and an asset to any team, but they both have thin bodies. The odds of one (or both) being out with injury, especially when you need them most on a playoff run, seem pretty high. I can see having one of those guys on the team, but not both.

Smaller/thinner skilled guys are fine and all, but you simply can't have too many at key positions. The human body can only take so much punishment. You also need bigger (hopefully just as skilled) bodies in there as well. You don't want to be a smurf team like Montreal, but you also don't want to be full of oversized, unskilled meatheads, either. Need a balance.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I kinda agree....to a point.

Having Turris and RNH as our top two centers (in the post Aragon quoted) scares me....a lot. Don't get me wrong, they are both amazing players and an asset to any team, but they both have thin bodies. The odds of one (or both) being out with injury, especially when you need them most on a playoff run, seem pretty high. I can see having one of those guys on the team, but not both.

Smaller/thinner skilled guys are fine and all, but you simply can't have too many at key positions. The human body can only take so much punishment. You also need bigger (hopefully just as skilled) bodies in there as well. You don't want to be a smurf team like Montreal, but you also don't want to be full of oversized, unskilled meatheads, either. Need a balance.

RNH is anything but weak he is extremely elusive.

TB made the cup with Stamkos and Johnson as their top 2 C's.

I do agree though that we need more size and that's why Zibanejad is there, his line could be the 2nd line and he slots up when whoever is injured. TBH if we get RNH id rather move Turris than Zib.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I do agree though that we need more size and that's why Zibanejad is there, his line could be the 2nd line and he slots up when whoever is injured. TBH if we get RNH id rather move Turris than Zib.

It still amazes me that Turris can't seem to add any bulk. I really wonder what kind of athletic trainers we have on this team.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016

How exactly is RNH an upgrade over Turris. Apart from being younger, he really hasn't shown much considering the talent he's played with.

Yes he's good defensively but so is Turris. Not to mention Edmonton has zero incentive to trade with us when they're looking for a top 4 d-man which we have none to offer.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
How exactly is RNH an upgrade over Turris. Apart from being younger, he really hasn't shown much considering the talent he's played with.

Yes he's good defensively but so is Turris. Not to mention Edmonton has zero incentive to trade with us when they're looking for a top 4 d-man which we have none to offer.

RNH fits the mold of a successful number 1 C better, he is also stronger in the subtleties of offensive game, and against a forecheck, imo. RNH is a playmaker, the type of center we need more than a scorer like Turris. Most of our wingers are scorers who will be much more benefitted with a skillset of RNH.

And hey, if there's a will, there's a way.

officeglen

Oct 6, 2002
Eastern Ontario
Visit site
Currently we have less than a 2% chance of making the playoffs

We should be sellers at the deadline. We should not rent any players at all.

In the off-season attempt getting players like RNH or Drouin. If the cap goes down there will be lots of opportunities if Melnyk understands you got to spend to make money, and NHL ready cheap players, like Prince, will have increased trade value. Should give us lots to discuss when golfing.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
So a 3rd would do it?
Has he been that bad, or is he a bad fit for the scheme?
He seemed to really be growing at the end of last season,
And now he seems to have fallen off the map.

He is a RFA at the end of the season so I guess that mitigates his value, but if that's all it costs, I'd be down.

A pick is fine. Would prefer Larsson straight up, but if you're not willing to do that a pick will do. He needs coaching and play time to get his game back together. Two things he doesn't seem to be getting here.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
We should be sellers at the deadline. We should not rent any players at all.

In the off-season attempt getting players like RNH or Drouin. If the cap goes down there will be lots of opportunities if Melnyk understands you got to spend to make money, and NHL ready cheap players, like Prince, will have increased trade value. Should give us lots to discuss when golfing.

Murray has been pretty clear that they won't be adding any UFAs at the deadline, and if they add it'll be "young player".

Similar to the Phaneuf deal, if there is a trade that makes Ottawa a better team long term, I don't think Murray should wait until the off season because he is in fear of dropping the team from 5th worst to 9th worst and get a worse draft pick as a lot of people suggest he should be.

Who knows if the Phaneuf trade would have been on the table in the off-season. Same deal with Drouin or whoever else Murray is looking to add. A lot can change from the deadline to the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad