Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
trading hoffman is a mistake, we finally have a player that actually looks to shoot the puck and most of the time doesnt over complicate plays....lets keep that even if he settles down to be a 20 goal scorer

right now our extra pieces that we can trade off the team that also make financial sense are wiercioch, michalek, smith, chiasson, prince, puempel, cowen and if anybody wants him greening. Other pieces we can trade that im sure management would have no problem with is any pick outside our first and none of the specs that our management seems to like (lindberg/white/paul/chabot/o'connor) (just made guesses based off interviews and articles)

our best bet to get a top 4 defenceman is in my opinion going to be built around this
one of chiasson/prince/puempel
one of wier/cowen
and either a 2nd or a prospect that is valued at or around the same

that wont get us something elite but i do think that can get us someone that is a solid #3/4 NOW. If we need to add i also wouldnt be surprised if management would agree to getting rid of the one of and sending multiple pieces

with calgary needing help in terms of forwards, i do think kris russell is our best bet and if we can negotiate an extension with him before hand i wouldnt mind making a deal with that offer basis

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Chabot's got top-pairing potential. While getting a top pair d from trade would be ideal, none are really available, and would cost too much.

Just nab a solid top 4 guy like Garrison or Coburn, and let Chabot develop properly.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
trading hoffman is a mistake, we finally have a player that actually looks to shoot the puck and most of the time doesnt over complicate plays....lets keep that even if he settles down to be a 20 goal scorer

right now our extra pieces that we can trade off the team that also make financial sense are wiercioch, michalek, smith, chiasson, prince, puempel, cowen and if anybody wants him greening. Other pieces we can trade that im sure management would have no problem with is any pick outside our first and none of the specs that our management seems to like (lindberg/white/paul/chabot/o'connor) (just made guesses based off interviews and articles)

our best bet to get a top 4 defenceman is in my opinion going to be built around this
one of chiasson/prince/puempel
one of wier/cowen
and either a 2nd or a prospect that is valued at or around the same

that wont get us something elite but i do think that can get us someone that is a solid #3/4 NOW. If we need to add i also wouldnt be surprised if management would agree to getting rid of the one of and sending multiple pieces

with calgary needing help in terms of forwards, i do think kris russell is our best bet and if we can negotiate an extension with him before hand i wouldnt mind making a deal with that offer basis

While i agree with pretty much everything in your post, i don't think acquiring Russell would be a huge upgrade to what we have now.

I'm thinking something more like:

ANA:

Weir
Lazar
2016 2nd

OTT:

Fowler

still not sure if thats enough

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
While i agree with pretty much everything in your post, i don't think acquiring Russell would be a huge upgrade to what we have now.

ANA:

Weir
Lazar
2016 2nd

OTT:

Fowler

Anaheim gets offended from an offer that bad. Sorry mate.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Thats why i included in my post "still not sure if thats enough"

Apparently you think the plus is pretty significant?

Yeah man. They will want a top end winger for Fowler. And Ottawa shouldn't do it, sicne trading Hoff or Stone would just leave another hole in our lineup.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

ANA:

Weir
Lazar
2016 2nd

OTT:

Fowler

I would do that trade....which means Anaheim wouldn't.

But that's the kind of trade I'd want to see....none of the 'big' pieces of the team leaving, and also holding onto our first round pick.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Call Montreal see if they'll flip Tinordi for Weir

Don't think so. They already have Markov, Beaulieu and Emelin on the left and they won't be willing to pay one of Wiercioch(2.7) or Emelin (4) to be in the stands. I'm sure they'd just rather keep Tinordi for the salary difference and Tinordi is probably better than Wier right now.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I agree Chabot has Top potential. He will probably be with the team next year, rushed or not.

That said, making a trade that sends away future stars is not a great idea. We need, as has been stated, a 3 or 4 defenceman, at a cost we can afford

Available: Michalek, Chiasson, Prince, Puempel, Neil, Smith, Cowen, Weircioch, Borowiecki, Phillips (injured at moment), any Bingo player not named O,Conner, Paul or Lindberg, any draft prospect not named Chabot, any draft pick that is not the 1st.

Wildcard: Zibanejad, MacArthur (injured at moment)

Not Available: Turris, Ryan, Hoffman, Stone, Pageau, Lazar, Methot, Ceci, Karlsson, Wideman, Anderson, Hammond, Paul, Lindberg, O'Conner, 1st

Murray can make a decent package for a 3 or 4 Dman, probably having to take more salary back, with the available players. If the trade is later in the year, Phillips or MacArthur MAY be back and available. Wildcard used only if the return is over the top.

Two Trades:

1) Zibanejad, Prince, Wikstrand for Duchene (this ship sailed when Murray did not pull the trigger 4 weeks ago)

2) Michalek, Neil or Smith or Chiasson, 2nd for Vlasic (SJS) or Ellis (NP) or Theadore (AD) or Campbell (FP)

Michalek has stepped up this year I know, but the future Lazar should outweigh the present Michalek The return is a 3, 4, not a 1, 2.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I agree Chabot has Top potential. He will probably be with the team next year, rushed or not.

That said, making a trade that sends away future stars is not a great idea. We need, as has been stated, a 3 or 4 defenceman, at a cost we can afford

Available: Michalek, Chiasson, Prince, Puempel, Neil, Smith, Cowen, Weircioch, Borowiecki, Phillips (injured at moment), any Bingo player not named O,Conner, Paul or Lindberg, any draft prospect not named Chabot, any draft pick that is not the 1st.

Not Available: Turris, Ryan, Hoffman, Stone, Pageau, Lazar, Methot, Ceci, Karlsson, Wideman, Anderson, Hammond, Paul, Lindberg, O'Conner, 1st

Murray can make a decent package for a 3 or 4 Dman, probably having to take more salary back, with the available players. If the trade is later in the year, Phillips or MacArthur MAY be back and available. Wildcard used only if the return is over the top.

Two Trades:

1) Zibanejad, Prince, Wikstrand for Duchene (this ship sailed when Murray did not pull the trigger 4 weeks ago)

2) Michalek, Neil or Smith or Chiasson, 2nd for Vlasic (SJS) or Ellis (NP) or Theadore (AD) or Campbell (FP)

Michalek has stepped up this year I know, but the future Lazar should outweigh the present Michalek The return is a 3, 4, not a 1, 2.

Yikes!

Colorado and San Jose get skinned hard here. How on earth do guys like Vlasic, Ellis, Theodore and Campbell have similar value anyways?? One is a prospect, one is a top pairing defensemen, one is a top 4 defensemen and the other one is nearing the end of his career.

If you expect to trade for players like Vlasic and Duschene you better not give spare parts like Prince, Michalek, Wikstrand, Neil, Chiasson and etc. NOBODY wants these players in a trade involving a top pairing defensemen or a top line C unless they are throw ins. Ottawa would have to add much more than that for Duschene, and the second deal is like completely unreasonable.

When you think about Duschene, think about what it would take to trade for Mark Stone and when you think about Vlasic it starts with a 1rst and a top prospect like White or Chabot and a good roster player. Top pairing defensemen don't get traded very often and even more rarely when they are only making 4M dollars and are under 30 years old. 20 teams would throw offers at SJ if even Vlasic was on the market, the haul would be MASSIVE.

You NEED to give to get in this league. Nobody hands you top players for 4rth line players, meh prospects and midround picks. When you trade for player of that caliber you WILL have to trade pieces that you don't want to trade that's 100 % sure.

I don't understand how guys like Pageau, Lindberg, Paul, Wideman, 1rst wouldn't be on the table for a player of Duschene or Vlasic caliber. Realistically I don't know who they would trade Vlasic for that is not named Karlsson.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Two Trades:

If you are the GM of san jose, Nashville, Anaheim or florida.. do you make this deal? WHY on earth would they do any of those?

The first proposal is fine depending on how Colorado views zibanejad. But boy that second one..... and then you added on as though sens fans might not be able to stomach losing michalek for those defencemen... if that's the price, I don't care how much murray loves michalek, that deal is already done.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yikes!

Colorado and San Jose get skinned hard here. How on earth do guys like Vlasic, Ellis, Theodore and Campbell have similar value anyways?? One is a prospect, one is a top pairing defensemen, one is a top 4 defensemen and the other one is nearing the end of his career.

If you expect to trade for players like Vlasic and Duschene you better not give spare parts like Prince, Michalek, Wikstrand, Neil, Chiasson and etc. NOBODY wants these players in a trade involving a top pairing defensemen or a top line C unless they are throw ins. Ottawa would have to add much more than that for Duschene, and the second deal is like completely unreasonable.

When you think about Duschene, think about what it would take to trade for Mark Stone and when you think about Vlasic it starts with a 1rst and a top prospect like White or Chabot and a good roster player. Top pairing defensemen don't get traded very often and even more rarely when they are only making 4M dollars and are under 30 years old. 20 teams would throw offers at SJ if even Vlasic was on the market, the haul would be MASSIVE.

You NEED to give to get in this league. Nobody hands you top players for 4rth line players, meh prospects and midround picks. When you trade for player of that caliber you WILL have to trade piece that you don't want to trade that's 100 % sure.

I don't understand how guys like Pageau, Lindberg, Paul, Wideman, 1rst wouldn't be on the table for a player of Duschene or Vlasic caliber.

doesn't add up

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
doesn't add up

Because he said this:

Ottawa might not be able (would create huge holes) to part with guys like Turris, Ryan, Stone, Methot, Karlsson even for a very good player but the rest should all easily be available (minus Anderson) for players like Vlasic and Duschene - and even then these teams would probably ask for players mentionned above. He mentionned these players (Pageau,Wideman etc) as untouchables which is what I don't understand here.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Guys I'd be happy to target, but know full well are pipedreams

Enstrom: Great two way guy. Would be a good mentor for Karlsson defensively, and Ceci all round. On the wrong side of 30, but not ancient.

Fowler: Far too expensive, but would be a perfect fit. Right age to help us long term

Phaneuf: Sure he might be a headcase, but I think he might be able to flourish in a secondary role and with less media scrutiny than in Toronto. His contract might make him less desireable for the leafs, and more desireable for us (front loaded). If he's cheap, I'm game.

Hamhuis: Good match for either Karlsson or Ceci, like a second Methot. Getting long in the tooth though.

Edler: Would really solidify 2nd d pair, and could play with Karlsson when we are down a goal late in the game. At 29, he has a good amount of years left in the tank.

Campbell: Doubt Fla moves him, but I've always liked his game. Another great fit, but a little on the old side.

Chara: Nostalgia, sure, but he sure would help short term. Not really a move you make unless you have serious asperations for the cup though.

Yandle: Sure, he won't help us prevent any chances against, but we'd be launching wave after wave of offense.

Guys that I think are far more realistic acquisitions, and would still do wonders for the overall game of the team:

Gunnarsson, or Russel: Good two way partners for Ceci. Should allow him to relax a bit and focus on his game instead of worrying about his partner and himself.

Daley: Can't hurt and is apparently available. Would be a welcome improvement over Wier.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Because he said this:

Ottawa might not be able (would create huge holes) to part with guys like Turris, Ryan, Stone, Methot, Karlsson even for a very good player but the rest should all easily be available (minus Anderson) for players like Vlasic and Duschene - and even then these teams would probably ask for players mentionned above. He mentionned these players (Pageau,Wideman etc) as untouchables which is what I don't understand here.

ahhhh we are saying the same thing then. yeah I think even murray would jump at the chance to trade local boy pageau for a great NHL player.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Guys I'd be happy to target, but know full well are pipedreams

Enstrom: Great two way guy. Would be a good mentor for Karlsson defensively, and Ceci all round. On the wrong side of 30, but not ancient.

Fowler: Far too expensive, but would be a perfect fit. Right age to help us long term

Phaneuf: Sure he might be a headcase, but I think he might be able to flourish in a secondary role and with less media scrutiny than in Toronto. His contract might make him less desireable for the leafs, and more desireable for us (front loaded). If he's cheap, I'm game.

Hamhuis: Good match for either Karlsson or Ceci, like a second Methot. Getting long in the tooth though.

Edler: Would really solidify 2nd d pair, and could play with Karlsson when we are down a goal late in the game. At 29, he has a good amount of years left in the tank.

Campbell: Doubt Fla moves him, but I've always liked his game. Another great fit, but a little on the old side.

Chara: Nostalgia, sure, but he sure would help short term. Not really a move you make unless you have serious asperations for the cup though.

Yandle: Sure, he won't help us prevent any chances against, but we'd be launching wave after wave of offense.

Guys that I think are far more realistic acquisitions, and would still do wonders for the overall game of the team:

Gunnarsson, or Russel: Good two way partners for Ceci. Should allow him to relax a bit and focus on his game instead of worrying about his partner and himself.

Daley: Can't hurt and is apparently available. Would be a welcome improvement over Wier.

Can someone put my suspicions to rest.. doesn't byfuglien play his offside? if so, that should be option numero uno.. if he can be resigned, then Im putting our first up for grabs. plus a top propsect. and then some

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Can someone put my suspicions to rest.. doesn't byfuglien play his offside? if so, that should be option numero uno.. if he can be resigned, then Im putting our first up for grabs. plus a top propsect. and then some

I believe he plays with Enstrom this year, who is a LHD. So unless both play off-side, no he generally does not. He's also spent some time with Charriot (LHD).

I think he has played with Trouba (RHD) a bit and and Pardy (LHD).

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

ANA:

Weir
Lazar
2016 2nd

OTT:

Fowler

I would certainly move Lazar + for Fowler I just think the + would be too much.

People around here need to relax about Ceci and lazar. They very young this league isn't easy.

Kris Russell would certainly be an upgrade on what this team has on the left side don't kid yourself. I also like the idea of Gunnarson UFA to be solid 2 way d man. The d core needs a veteran stabilizer back there that can play both ways between Karl Wideman and Ceci this team has offensive guys.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yikes!

You NEED to give to get in this league. Nobody hands you top players for 4rth line players, meh prospects and midround picks. When you trade for player of that caliber you WILL have to trade pieces that you don't want to trade that's 100 % sure.

I don't understand how guys like Pageau, Lindberg, Paul, Wideman, 1rst wouldn't be on the table for a player of Duschene or Vlasic caliber. Realistically I don't know who they would trade Vlasic for that is not named Karlsson.

Bang on post. Colorado called about Methot + not that package of scraps.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Part of me says be patient and acquire a cheaper player - like, I assume Hainsey wouldn't cost more than a 2nd. Another part of me sees the offer on the main boards for Phaneuf (with Greening going back) and thinks - go for it! He's the guy to play with Ceci.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad