Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The Sedins are 35 years old
and we try and win now when the east is weak.

We still have good contracts for the next 2-3 years so we could make a push. The Sedin's have 2 years after this one on their contracts. Not a huge commitment in terms of years but definitely an improvement on talent. Getting out of the West might help their games more.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

We still have good contracts for the next 2-3 years so we could make a push. The Sedin's have 2 years after this one on their contracts. Not a huge commitment in terms of years but definitely an improvement on talent. Getting out of the West might help their games more.

We need help preventing goals not scoring them.

I rather think long term. After their contract's are done and they retire what do we have down the pipeline to replace Zibanejad? Paul would be one of our top prospects as well.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This team is missing a 1-2 punch

Trade:
Zibby
Lazar
Greening
Prince
Paul
Wiercioch
1st

For:

The Sedin's

In order to be able to absorb the 14 mill from the Sedins we have to throw a lot at em.

This would complete our Forward group and make us a lot better.

Combined our players would score at least 80 points. the Sedin's would get at least 130.

Did you forget the :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm: emote?

Seriously, that proposal sucks. Zibby alone would be too much for those old geezers.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Well, to win the cup you still need to win against a western team in the finals :laugh: Not only that but even if the east is weak that doesn't mean it would be easy to win against the Habs, the Rangers and the Caps per example and Tampa who started slowly and many teams will bounce back don't worry. It's not even 20 games in a 82 game season, some teams struggle to start and that's just normal.

We wouldn't win with the Sedins anyway, especially with this defense. For any hope to win, we would need to add two top 4 defensemen and that would also cost a fortune. All in all, it's just not a thing that should even be explored at this point. Our problem isn't offense and a trade like this is just not necessary and I don't get the point of upgrading the offense more with only two top 4 defensemen currently on the team. It seems obvious that this should be a primary concern.

HoffmanIsGod68

Mar 1, 2015
Cornwall, Ontario
We need to break the bank for a top 2/3 LHD. I'm telling you, Methot isn't durable enough to log 27-30 minutes per game, especially in the playoffs. He's 30 years old now, and it's doubtful that his body will keep up with him through the next few years given his style of play and the state of today's game.

I'm not saying that we should move him at all, rather, keep in mind that he will begin to regress at some point down the line.

Karlsson needs the Seabrook, and while some may argue that Methot is exactly that, I believe that we need a younger, faster rock on defense.

Just a thought.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
We need to break the bank for a top 2/3 LHD. I'm telling you, Methot isn't durable enough to log 27-30 minutes per game, especially in the playoffs. He's 30 years old now, and it's doubtful that his body will keep up with him through the next few years given his style of play and the state of today's game.

I'm not saying that we should move him at all, rather, keep in mind that he will begin to regress at some point down the line.

Karlsson needs the Seabrook, and while some may argue that Methot is exactly that, I believe that we need a younger, faster rock on defense.

Just a thought.

I agree. Methot isnt the solution

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So Friedman had this to say in his 30 thoughts today

10. Who is looking for defence? Ottawa for sure. Columbus, too. Yes, the Blue Jackets made a coaching change, but that hasn’t stopped GM Jarmo Kekalainen from wanting to adjust his roster, too. Chicago’s Trevor Daley could be had, but teams are careful about anyone with term. Daley’s got one more season at $3.3 million. Thought he’d score there, but it hasn’t worked so far.

So...

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
I now finally get it. Its all misdirection by Murray, announce that we are looking for forwards and quietly go after defensemen in the background. BRILLIANT.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Zibanejad, Puempel, and one of Cowen or Wiercioch is likely the price for Duchene + scrub filler.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Zibanejad, Puempel, and one of Cowen or Wiercioch is likely the price for Duchene + scrub filler.

If that deal was available for the sens it would already be done.

They want a top pair LD, when they called it was for Methot +. They have the exact same issues as the sens right now.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I now finally get it. Its all misdirection by Murray, announce that we are looking for forwards and quietly go after defensemen in the background. BRILLIANT.

Clearly just a jedi mind trick to lower the asking price on top 6 forwards he's alway coveting.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
pleeeease get a dman. please please.

our offense is above average, our goaltending is above average...

just get a D or two pleeeasseeee Murray pls

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I have no interest in bringing the Sedins here. we need help but the Sedins aren't that help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad