Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If we acquire Duchene I really hope we try to keep Zibanejad as well.

Would give us remarkable center depth and if White comes in and makes serious noise then we ship off Zibanejad or Duchene again or whoever for legit D help.

I agree with Waffler when he said D is already bad so why not bring in a prime piece.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
If we acquire Duchene I really hope we try to keep Zibanejad as well.

Would give us remarkable center depth and if White comes in and makes serious noise then we ship off Zibanejad or Duchene again or whoever for legit D help.

I agree with Waffler when he said D is already bad so why not bring in a prime piece.

lets say we keep Zib, who do you think would be gone?

Chabot, white, Ceci, and 2016 1st or maybe Hoffman, Methot, Gagne. Puempel and 1st? stop dreaming

Last edited:

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
If we got Duchene one of Turris or zibby would probably be going the other way.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
We could totally handle losing pageau now. With lazar able to take the 3C spot. Just saying. Wouldn't be totally shocked. Chlapik is looking like a decent c prospect too maybe even dzingel.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado moving Duchene without a 2C to play behind MacKinnon coming back makes no sense. Soderberg or Mitchell aren't 2C material.

Ottawa doesn't have a defender valuable enough to get away with acquiring Duchene without including Zbad. The only one who comes close would be Methot, and Ottawa would be foolish to trade him given his chemistry with Karlsson, and how Karlsson's play tends to dip when he is paired with one of the other LDs on the Senators.

You gotta give to get. So without moving Zibanejad, you'd be looking at something like Hoffman or Stone as the central piece, which Stone at the very least I'd hope is a no go from most Senators fans.

Even Hoffman doesn't really fit the Avalanche's needs if they are moving Duchene for a package. They aren't the same team they were two seasons ago, let alone one season ago. They don't have the same all world centre depth that they were known for now that they lost O'Reilly and Stastny while only adding Soderberg (who is likely to play wing most of the time anyways). Not re-signing O'Reilly for 7.5 per was a MAJOR mistake. Soderberg is making nearly 5 million right now, I'd gladly put 2.5 million more toward upgrading him to O'Reilly.

The logic of trading Duchene for Zibanejad + + to me is that the Avalanche have drafted really poorly outside the first round and now have multiple needs to fill that they should have filled via drafting. So if they can get Cowen (or Wiercioch if they are crazy and think he is a top 4 D), and a player like Puempel who could come in and play in their middle 6 right away, or even their top 6 if he finds chemistry with the right people, they'd probably end up being a better team both today and in the future than they would if they keep Duchene.

As a fan of both teams, as much **** as Senators management gets on this board, both teams makeup are night and day. The Senators have drafted so well that they have TOO MANY NHL ready players to the point where both this season and last season, they had to alter their lineup as to not lose NHL ready players to waivers (sending both Pageau and Puempel down to protect other players).

Colorado has gone crazy in the FA market with Soderberg, Comeau, Beauchemin, Iginla, and even Skille. Not to mention giving up 2nd round draft picks for players like Stuart and Berra, yet they still have multiple spots that need to be filled that they haven't done so through the draft.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
It would cost one of Methot/Ceci + one of Lazar/Prince/Puempel + a first to even get discussions going. And honestly moving one of Methot or Ceci for another forward is moronic. Everyone knows our D is garbage so moving our 2nd or 3rd best defenceman is a bad idea.

This isn't going anywhere. Tim Murray is gone, we have nobody with enough balls to pull the trigger lol.

This is a pipedream folks.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
It would cost one of Methot/Ceci + one of Lazar/Prince/Puempel + a first to even get discussions going. And honestly moving one of Methot or Ceci for another forward is moronic. Everyone knows our D is garbage so moving our 2nd or 3rd best defenceman is a bad idea.

This isn't going anywhere. Tim Murray is gone, we have nobody with enough balls to pull the trigger lol.

This is a pipedream folks.

I don't think they'd want Ceci, RD isn't really their problem. They have Johnson and Barrie who are a great 1/2 punch at RD. Similar to Ottawa, their LD is where they have issues, but their issues are far deeper than Ottawa's.

Outside of Beauchemin who has been pretty good this season, they have nobody worthwhile at LD. I'd argue that they don't even have anybody as good as Cowen or Wiercioch after Beauchemin.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Lets be real. If its reported by the media, the deal is already dead. I really believe Murray isnt naive enough to see the gaping hole at 2nd pair LD and think the Sens are fine.

Cowen played great there, but in a championship world, Cowen-Wideman or even Cowen-Ceci is a third pairing (the latter considering their experience)

A stop gap would work until they find out what they have in Chabot, but until then, Wiercioch just doesnt cut it. I would be okay with moving a secondary prospect or two and a 2nd or later for said stop gap, but anything over that like Mika is foolish and rushing the process.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Wiercioch was on Team Canada.

That's stud criteria if I ever heard it. Done deal.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Hockey Night in Canada’s Elliotte Friedman talks about the situation in Colorado involving Matt Duchene and his contract with the Avalanche.

Friedman reports that if Matt Duchene is traded by the Colorado Avalanche, it will be in exchange for a stud defenceman.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/duchene-involved-in-plans-of-change-in-colorado/

He said it will be for a stud defenseman OR because they are a budget team who feel they can't keep all their contracts in line (referring to the fact that MacKinnon and Barrie will be in for big raises).

It is sort of a strange thing for them to be a budget team but also go so heavily into the UFA market where you traditionally have to pay more for equivalent talent.

In that case, something surrounding Zibanejad+++ makes sense since Zibanejad makes 2 million this season and 3 million next season.

Then the Senators have multiple NHL players on cheap deals like Puempel, Prince, Chiasson (for this season), Lazar.

Their top 6 would be destroyed if they moved Duchene without a decent second liner coming back. With Iginla trade rumors and Tanguay as a UFA, I really don't see why they'd move Duchene for an equal value stud defenseman unless it is something absurd that they can't pass up like them getting Josi or Ekman-Larsson.

Unless Rantanen is ready to break out next season, if you take Duchene out of their top 6, and possibly also remove Tanguay and Iginla within the next 1-2 years, they are left with Landeskog, Mack, Rantanen, Comeau, and Soderberg as their top forwards. Not exactly the most inspiring lineup. Maybe Grigorenko but he is a huge question mark long term.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
lol. Has anyone heard the latest crap from Eklund?

Ottawa may try to convince Marleau to waive his nmc. :laugh:

scheps

May 28, 2015
The sens should go after Kris Russell. He's a left handed, veteran, defensively responsible defenceman. You could trade a 2Nd/Prince/pumpel for him. But adding another d without trading a d the lineup would look like this.
Methot-karlsson
Russell-ceci
And 2 of Cowen, boro, weircoch, and wideman.
And eventually Phillips will be back. So if you pick up another d you would create a logjam.

Othello*

Michalek + 3rd for Russel

Wouldn't want to give up Prince for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad