Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Yeah, he's good but the left side of the D is where the problem is. I'm ok with Karl/Ceci/Wideman right side.

honestly im ok with it as well but with the amount of LD's we have on the team currently and the fact that our best defenceman in bingo are LD's as well i wouldnt mind it at all if we shore up the right side. Its nothing against wideman (who i think has played fine so far) but if we can run karl/barrie/ceci on the right side then we definitely should. It would also give us another legitimate pp defenceman besides karl which is something we really need

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I don't believe that for a second.

I doubt he is available. I think the way it was worded in the article as that he could be available if him and the Avalanche have trouble negotiating an extension, which is a pretty wide speculation that could be said for almost any player who is an RFA with arbitration rights.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I don't believe that for a second.

First it was rumors with duchene and now it's barrie, its either a circus in Colorado or signs for a potential fire sale, either way we should try and take advantage

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
honestly im ok with it as well but with the amount of LD's we have on the team currently and the fact that our best defenceman in bingo are LD's as well i wouldnt mind it at all if we shore up the right side. Its nothing against wideman (who i think has played fine so far) but if we can run karl/barrie/ceci on the right side then we definitely should. It would also give us another legitimate pp defenceman besides karl which is something we really need

Sure, but why waste assets on something that is not a glaring need? I'd rather use those assets to get a top 4 LHD.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I would be fine with bumping Ceci down a pairing. To me hes still fairly inconsistent and if we truly want to win we should have and upgrade over him and allow him to thrive in a smaller role

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Apparently Carl Gunnarsson could be available for a reasonable price. He's not your ideal top 4 but he's a solid jack of all trades defenseman and he's a better option than Cowen, Wiercioch or Borocop on the left side of that second pairing. He's also a UFA at the end of the year so if he doesn't work out we can just let him walk. He'd be a good, cheap stop gap until Chabot or someone else takes his spot and he would be a solid player on the bottom pairing after that.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
I would be fine with bumping Ceci down a pairing. To me hes still fairly inconsistent and if we truly want to win we should have and upgrade over him and allow him to thrive in a smaller role

Bumping Ceci down is fine, but we'd still have an issue with the quality of LD.

Ceci definitely belongs on the 3rd pairing, but he's currently our 3rd best D-man so he's unlikely to end up there unless we acquire two top-4 d-men.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Apparently Carl Gunnarsson could be available for a reasonable price. He's not your ideal top 4 but he's a solid jack of all trades defenseman and he's a better option than Cowen, Wiercioch or Borocop on the left side of that second pairing. He's also a UFA at the end of the year so if he doesn't work out we can just let him walk. He'd be a good, cheap stop gap until Chabot or someone else takes his spot and he would be a solid player on the bottom pairing after that.

Actually Gunnarsson could be a good target. He's nothing spectacular, but is still better than our bottom pairing LHD's.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Actually Gunnarsson could be a good target. He's nothing spectacular, but is still better than our bottom pairing LHD's.
He would be for sure ,the only issue i could see.Would be a over inflated price, only due to the lack of decent defenders available league wide

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I'd be fine with that. Might be a poor man's Stralman.

Make it so, Gunnar for... What would StL want for him? Would a 2nd be enough or overpayment?

Maybe we can move Wier somewhere else like Colorado or somehting to recoup some of the cost.

Methot - Karlsson
Gunnar - Ceci
Cowen - Wideman
Boro

That looks solid if unspectacular to me, but everybody but Cowen can move the puck and skate well Gunnar kills penalties, so that's good, though we still lack a RD penalty killer.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I'd love it if we could nab Bigras or Zadorov off of Colorado, but I doubt it'll happen due to them needing defensemen as well.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
I'd be fine with that. Might be a poor man's Stralman.

Make it so, Gunnar for... What would StL want for him? Would a 2nd be enough or overpayment?

Maybe we can move Wier somewhere else like Colorado or somehting to recoup some of the cost.

Methot - Karlsson
Gunnar - Ceci
Cowen - Wideman
Boro

That looks solid if unspectacular to me, but everybody but Cowen can move the puck and skate well Gunnar kills penalties, so that's good, though we still lack a RD penalty killer.

I think STL would like to move him + another piece to get a top 6 forward but I think a forward prospect and/or a pick could do it.

The more I think of it, the more I like the idea of trading for Gunnarsson. The defense wouldn't be top 10 but at least we would see some improvement. Even if he's just a stop gap, he could help Ceci get his game going.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Yeah, with Gunnar on board it might move the D from bottom third to maybe average? Maybe? As Micklebot said, solid but unspectacular. I'll take solid right now.

Pronto

Mar 24, 2015
Gatineau
Funny with all the rumors surrounding him that Duchene was named 1st star of last week league wide. His stock just got up :laugh:

bornNraised Sens

Apr 8, 2014
Funny with all the rumors surrounding him that Duchene was named 1st star of last week league wide. His stock just got up :laugh:

a few of the commentators mentioned right away when the rumours are out, that a rumour could be floated around just to lit a fire under a guy that was under performing, and it looks like it did.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
I have been touting Gunnarsson for months as a legit trade target. He could well do for Ceci what Methot has for Karlsson. I'd like to think that if MacArthur wasn't hurt GMBM would already have made a deal.

Trevor Lahey

Jul 16, 2009
ON
a few of the commentators mentioned right away when the rumours are out, that a rumour could be floated around just to lit a fire under a guy that was under performing, and it looks like it did.

Seeing as how the Avs are generally one of the more "secretive" teams, I'd say that's exactly what happened.

Also, count me in on the Gunnarsson train, if we could bring him in at an acceptable price I'd be all over that.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
What kind of package could the Sens put together for Malkin? Zib + Hoffman + picks?

Puempel-Turris-Stone
Prince-Malkin-Ryan

I have to imagine any deal would include multiple 1st round picks

atmx093

STUDzle
Jul 2, 2014
Gatineau
Quit dreaming, guys, you know very well that if we acquire anyone it'll surely be a name you never heard before or some cheap lemon with an unlikely upside...

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Quit dreaming, guys, you know very well that if we acquire anyone it'll surely be a name you never heard before or some cheap lemon with an unlikely upside...

Maybe even another baby eater -_-

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
This team is missing a 1-2 punch

Trade:
Zibby
Lazar
Greening
Prince
Paul
Wiercioch
1st

For:

The Sedin's

In order to be able to absorb the 14 mill from the Sedins we have to throw a lot at em.

This would complete our Forward group and make us a lot better.

Combined our players would score at least 80 points. the Sedin's would get at least 130.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
This team is missing a 1-2 punch

Trade:
Zibby
Lazar
Greening
Prince
Paul
Wiercioch
1st

For:

The Sedin's

In order to be able to absorb the 14 mill from the Sedins we have to throw a lot at em.

This would complete our Forward group and make us a lot better.

Combined our players would score at least 80 points. the Sedin's would get at least 130.

The Sedins are 35 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad