Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
James Van Riemsdyk - Nazem Kadri - Brad Boyes
Joffrey Lupul - Tyler Bozak - PA Parenteau
Shawn Matthias - Peter Holland - Michael Grabner
Daniel Winnik - Nick Spaling - Leo Komarov
Scratched or Waived: Mark Arcobello, Richard Panik

Cut, but deserve to make it: William Nylander, Connor Brown
Other top call-up options: Kasperi Kapanen, Nikita Soshnikov, Zach Hyman, Sam Carrick

If Arcobello and Panik are waived and get claimed/ dealt, 2 players can slide into the press box and Nylander and Brown could make the team.

Morgan Rielly - Jake Gardiner
Dion Phaneuf - Matt Hunwick
Martin Marincin - Roman Polak
Scratched/ Waived: Stephane Robidas

Cut, but deserve to make it: Scott Harrington, Stuart Percy, Victor Loov

The three above have each outplayed Hunwick, Marincin, Polak, Robidas IMO; but due to contract status may be sent down over the other four undeserving players.

Bernier
Reimer

My ideal line-up:

James Van Riemsdyk - Nazem Kadri - Brad Boyes
Joffrey Lupul - William Nylander - PA Parenteau
Shawn Matthias - Peter Holland - Connor Brown
Daniel Winnik - Sam Carrick - Leo Komarov
Scratched/ Dealt: Tyler Bozak (dealt), Nick Spaling, Michael Grabner

Morgan Rielly - Jake Gardiner
Dion Phaneuf - Stuart Percy
Victor Loov - Scott Harrington/ Martin Marincin

Jonathan Bernier
James Reimer

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Kapanen-Nylander-Brown
Frattin-Froese-Leivo
Hyman-Gauthier-Soshnikov
Clune-Carrick-Rupert

Percy-Loov
Valiev-Harrington
Brennan-Campbell

Bibeau
Sparks

This will be the roster of the only Toronto team worth watching this year

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Kapanen-Nylander-Brown
Frattin-Froese-Leivo
Hyman-Gauthier-Soshnikov
Clune-Carrick-Rupert

Percy-Loov
Valiev-Harrington
Brennan-Campbell

Bibeau
Sparks

This will be the roster of the only Toronto team worth watching this year

haha, missing Leipsic

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
damn it, I knew I was missing someone, send Frattin to the ECHL and throw Leipsic in there somewhere

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
James Van Riemsdyk - Nazem Kadri - Joffrey Lupul
Brad Boyes - Tyler Bozak - PA Parenteau
Micheal Grabner - Peter Holland - Leo Komarov
Daniel Winnik - Shawn Mathias - Connor Brown

Dion Phaneuf - Jake Gardiner
Morgan Rielly - Roman Polak
Stuart Percy - Scott Harrington

Jonathan Bernier
James Reimer

To start the season

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Jvr kadri Boyes
Lupul Bozak Pap
Matthias Holland Winnik
Komarov Spaling Grabner

Reilly Hunwick
Gardiner Phaneuf
Harrington Polak

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Here's my prediction for our opening day lineup: (though it's not the lines I would personally choose)

JVR - Kadri - Winnik
Lupul - Bozak - Parenteau
Matthias - Holland - Komorov
Grabner - Spaling - Boyes

No idea what's going on for defense.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
JVR - Kadri - Winnik
Komorov - Nylander - Lupul
Matthias - Bozak - Holland
Grabner - Spaling - Boyes/Parenteau/Panik

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Loov/Percy - Rielly
Marincin - Polak/Robidas

Bernier
Riemer

Get rid of Holland, he's terrible. The team won't win jack with him on the team. Replace him with parenteau than its a start.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Get rid of Holland, he's terrible. The team won't win jack with him on the team. Replace him with parenteau than its a start.

yep, replacing Holland with Parenteau is what will make this a championship caliber team.

Not sure if you noticed but this team is going to suck with or without Holland on it.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
yep, replacing Holland with Parenteau is what will make this a championship caliber team.

Not sure if you noticed but this team is going to suck with or without Holland on it.

Don't put words in my mouth. Who said parenteau will make this a championship team? Don't twist things. I hinted/ clearly suggested just swap holland and parenteau since parenteau is more skilled and is more of a veteran presence than a guy who is almost 25 and still hasn't established/ brought anything to the table in his career in the NHL.

Last edited:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Don't put words in my mouth. Who said parenteau will make this a championship team? Don't twist things. I hinted/ clearly suggested just swap holland and parenteau since parenteau is more skilled and is more of a veteran presence than a guy who is almost 25 and still hasn't established/ brought anything to the table in his career in the NHL.

"this team won't win jack with him on the team"

it won't win jack with him off the team either

snizzbone*

They are the only 2 D-men who are actually capable of exiting the zone and transitioning.

Which is why it's a good idea to split em. Let's them both be able to lead the offense when they are on the ice instead of one of them having to play conservatively while the other flies around.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Which is why it's a good idea to split em. Let's them both be able to lead the offense when they are on the ice instead of one of them having to play conservatively while the other flies around.

Very true. It looks like Babs is shifting towards a mobile defense corps. At present, it looks like Phaneuf is the worst skater on the team. So all we gotta do is pair him with hunwick, and hope we don't go to 3-on-3

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Very true. It looks like Babs is shifting towards a mobile defense corps. At present, it looks like Phaneuf is the worst skater on the team. So all we gotta do is pair him with hunwick, and hope we don't go to 3-on-3

I found our D moved much better without Phaneuf/Robidas in the lineup. Some might not agree but I liked it better.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Boy did Panik ever play his way off this team. He is a wasted pro contract and hopefully he gets better with the Marlies. He would likely split to europe next season if things keep in neutral for him. Not the least impressed with him.

Brown Harrington and Nylander look like they made the team but maybe they will be sent down. Its hard to get a read on this. Lou is likely looking hard at making a trade i would think.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Boy did Panik ever play his way off this team. He is a wasted pro contract and hopefully he gets better with the Marlies. He would likely split to europe next season if things keep in neutral for him. Not the least impressed with him.

Yea, I think Panik has lost his spot. I think Holland is in trouble too.

Holland and Arcobello have both been meh but at least Arcobello is very useful on the PP. I think the two of them might split time between playing and being healthy scratches.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
JVR Kadri Boyes
Matthias Bozak Lupul
Komorov Holland PAP
Winnik Spaling Grabner
Panik

Phaneuf Rielly
Gardiner Polak
Hunwick Marincin
Harrington

My projected lineup. Not very exciting.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Matthias has been the least impressive player to me so far, but it might just be the classic case of a vet being a vet in the pre-season.

I expect him to at least pop 15 goals this season.

BlueNoteCode

Jan 7, 2012
St. Louis
Curious fantasy input wanted: I'm in a private Yahoo! league that includes PIM, HITs, & Blks amongst the categories. For that reason, R. Polak was a STUD of a BEAST in these categories last season until his injury.

Can anybody recall if he was iced as a second or third pairing Dman last season? & where does it look like Babcock will slot him THIS SEASON?

THANKS

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Curious fantasy input wanted: I'm in a private Yahoo! league that includes PIM, HITs, & Blks amongst the categories. For that reason, R. Polak was a STUD of a BEAST in these categories last season until his injury.

Can anybody recall if he was iced as a second or third pairing Dman last season? & where does it look like Babcock will slot him THIS SEASON?

THANKS

Last season he was on the second pairing quite often with Morgan Rielly. This season it looks like he's likely to be third pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad