Speculation: 2015-2016 New York Rangers :: Roster Building Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'd be very disappointed with that trade.

Very.

Schneider got the 9th overall pick. Sather is excellent with trades. Schneider and Talbot are VERY comparable. Schneider had an extra year of being a back up. And Luongo was ******** the bed so he got some very limited playoff experience. Those are the only two things that set these two apart. Their numbers and their level of play are very similar. Their trade value should be very similar as well.

Anything valued below 9th and i'm disappointed.

Prepare for disappointment.

BarbaraAlphanse

You're Sather. What's your pitch to getting Boyle to waive his FULL NMC?

I think Talbot+Hagelin is a package Buffalo would seriously consider adding at the draft, and one I've pumped a bit here. It'd be ****ing awful to lose Hagelin, but I think Fast may be able to handle his 'duties' next year.

I'd think long and hard about...

Talbot + Hagelin

For

Buffalo's 2nd rounder, Grigorenko, McCabe.

I'm probably in the minority on that here. I think the absolute world of McCabe. Think he has McDonagh potential.

I don't think Carl Hagelin is going anywhere. And I think it is an unwritten conclusion that the trio of Zucc, Hagelin, and Brass are all a package.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I don't think Carl Hagelin is going anywhere. And I think it is an unwritten conclusion that the trio of Zucc, Hagelin, and Brass are all a package.

Rangers need to make a move. A player is gonna have to leave.

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but it won't be Dan Boyle. It could be Yandle, but I wouldn't like that much, pending return, of course. Same with Klein. I'd like to keep those 6 guys together for a full season and a playoff run next year.

Talbot moving is basically a forgone conclusion. To make a good packaged return for him great, I throw Hagelin into the mix.

Brass and Zucc will look at their paychecks and get over it. I'm sure Kredier would be able to fill in on those Blueshirts United commercials just fine.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Klein + Talbot + Yandle

for

Draisaitl, Marincin, 33rd Overall

Sign Mike Green

MZA-Brassard-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Hagelin-Draisaitl-Hayes
Glass-Moore-Fasth

McD-G
Staal-Green
Marincin-Boyle

Lundqvist

BarbaraAlphanse

Rangers need to make a move. A player is gonna have to leave.

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but it won't be Dan Boyle. It could be Yandle, but I wouldn't like that much, pending return, of course. Same with Klein. I'd like to keep those 6 guys together for a full season and a playoff run next year.

Talbot moving is basically a forgone conclusion. To make a good packaged return for him great, I throw Hagelin into the mix.

Brass and Zucc will look at their paychecks and get over it. I'm sure Kredier would be able to fill in on those Blueshirts United commercials just fine.

If any defenseman are moved, it will be klein. That's the bubble you need to burst.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Boyle is the only dman we should try to trade this year if we don't win the cup.. If we do sell everyone that doesn't have a long teem future with us. (Klein, Boyle, yandle, girardi, msl, Moore, glass, nash)

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Sabres fan here. I'd love them to acquire Cam Talbot if you guys would be willing to trade him (and from reading a couple pages of this it sounds like most would. What's the likely asking price? Would 31st overall get it done? 51st and a B level prospect and a goalie prospect? (That's roughly the comp to the Bernier trade)

Buffalo can also take back a cap dump for a year or two. No three year plus dumps though.

I think that's an excellent framework. If you take Glass and Talbot, the Rangers get the 31st and a cheap young RH shooting center that can play wing on the 4th line and win faceoffs.... you have a deal.

If not Hudson Fasching straight up (I know not happening). Or Justin Bailey and 5th. Nicholas Baptiste and a 3rd.

My preference is to hold on to Cam for next year unless the cap dictates, but there are a couple of teams (EDM/BUF) that have the kind of assets that the Rangers need (picks, prospects).

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Klein + Talbot + Yandle

for

Draisaitl, Marincin, 33rd Overall

Sign Mike Green

MZA-Brassard-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Hagelin-Draisaitl-Hayes
Glass-Moore-Fasth

McD-G
Staal-Green
Marincin-Boyle

Lundqvist

Yandle is not getting traded, neither is Boyle.

People need to accept this. Klein? Maybe, he has value and is expendable. Talbot, 99% he is gone at the draft.

ncmike

Aug 5, 2011
Remember they were interested in Girardi last year...if they could work something out involving those two, that'd be great.

Then who do you play with McD?

Sorry. Went back and realized what you were proposing. Move along nothing to see here. I'm an idiot.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Boyle is the only dman we should try to trade this year if we don't win the cup..

if we win or don't win.

Why is everyone having Boyle back such a guarantee?? Then in favor of moving useful pieces. It's as if players with NTC haven't been traded before, or rather traded regularly recently.

Its should be obvious that Boyle and only Boyle has to go. He's the worst dman on the team and carries a large cap hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad