2015-2016 NBA Regular Season Discussion - Part 3

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Meanwhile in Chicago ,, The dysfunctional Bulls apparently want to bring back fading 31 yr old Noah

Team needs to rebuild not hang onto a guy who is shell of his former self and cant stay healthy

But Bulls gonna Bulls

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Wait, what is going on here? I haven't followed their coaching search at all. For their sake I hope these are just some early candidates with more to come. I guess Del Negro would be the best option from that list but still not very appealing.

Thibs, McHale and Brooks all rejected interviews with the Kings. They are scraping from the bottom of the barrel.

I think del Negro gets a bit more hate than he deserves, but I really don't want any of those guys. Sam Mitchell is bad (he got interviewed this morning and is going to dinner with management tonight), Brian Shaw's Nuggets were not very good, and Mark Jackson is a snake - last thing Boogie needs.

I'm not sure who they should get, but some of these names are just...yikes. I think I remember reading they have interest in a Spurs assistant but never saw follow up on that.

Agree on Del Negro being the best bet, but I wonder if Jackson gets some serious consideration here. He was an absolute appalling head coach for some of the things he did to the Warriors (the Ezeli thing was just ****ed up), but he did make Klay into an elite defender and helped Curry develop elite offensive consistency. The latter may have happened with or without Jackson, but Klay becoming the defender he is definitely wouldn't have. He also wants to coach in Cali so I'm sure that will get some consideration. If your the Kings and literally any decent coach is telling you no, maybe you get a coach who can maybe eek you into the playoffs and take the good with the bad. The owner is crazy enough to consider it I think.

Brain Shaw is probably a bigger snake than Jackson though. I've literally never seen an entire team, not one or two or the majority, but an entire team despise a head coach like his team did in his last season there.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Meanwhile in Chicago ,, The dysfunctional Bulls apparently want to bring back fading 31 yr old Noah

Team needs to rebuild not hang onto a guy who is shell of his former self and cant stay healthy

But Bulls gonna Bulls
Considering all the locker room problems they have, might not be the worst idea. Though he doesn't even like Hoiberg so who knows lol

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Agree on Del Negro being the best bet, but I wonder if Jackson gets some serious consideration here. He was an absolute appalling head coach for some of the things he did to the Warriors (the Ezeli thing was just ****ed up), but he did make Klay into an elite defender and helped Curry develop elite offensive consistency. The latter may have happened with or without Jackson, but Klay becoming the defender he is definitely wouldn't have. He also wants to coach in Cali so I'm sure that will get some consideration. If your the Kings and literally any decent coach is telling you no, maybe you get a coach who can maybe eek you into the playoffs and take the good with the bad. The owner is crazy enough to consider it I think.

Brain Shaw is probably a bigger snake than Jackson though. I've literally never seen an entire team, not one or two or the majority, but an entire team despise a head coach like his team did in his last season there.
It's so hard to assess M-Jax's time with the Warriors. That **** with Ezeli was just awful. But hard to say if he put them on the verge of greatness or if he just held them back in his time. Draymond's mom actually said on Twitter that Jackson would be good for Boogie lol.

Another name I read the other day was Mike Woodson - sounds like he'll get an interview with Vlade and co.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Sam Amick@sam_amick
The Kings search will be very thorough, w/ lots of names, but one previously-unknown candidate has emerged: Brian Shaw. Mutual interest.

So we've got Mark Jackson, Vinny Del Negro, Sam Mitchell and Brian Shaw.

...Go Vinny Del Negro? (If you're a Kings fan? Virt? Clowe?)

Wouldn't be the worst guy in the world. Also read Luke Walton has gotten permission to interview with the Kings.

At the end of the day, it won't matter unless management and Cousins change their ways. Karl is archaic in a lot of ways but he's a damn good basketball coach who never had a chance here.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Good hire for the Wizards. He might struggle in the offensive end, but man Brooks can do two things and do them well. His teams will play D (top-10 every year in OKC except the last one) and he can develop players. For the latter part, the guy and his staff used to churn out players who were drafted from the latter half of the 1st and later. Reggie Jackson, Serge Ibaka and Steven Adams to name a few.

Get him some offensive assistants and I think the Wizards can do well. They have a decent roster as it is.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
ESPN.com suggested P. Gasol may go to the Spurs. I'd already thought of that and would love to see it, but I don't know if they'd need a 40 year old Duncan if they add Pau to their already talented roster. This is not snark, with Kobe retired Dunc is my favorite player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad