2015-2016 NBA Regular Season Discussion - Part 3

S A W F T*

Did that announcer on Spurs/Dubs game seriously just say "we have a couple of jerk off fans at courtside trying to ruin the broadcast"?

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I have to wonder if ESPN will broadcast the game on ESPN2.

Under normal circumstances, it's a no brainer. But with Kobe's last game, it's a lose-lose proposition.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Talking to Green on ESPN (guess baseball is in a rain delay) and the bottom line says the vs Grizz game will be on ESPN, so the Kobe game probably gets bumped to ESPN2. They'll probably hope and pray both don't end around the same time.

if you twitter search Kobe, people are mad

Last edited:

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Well, Warriors finally win in San Antonio. Last won there in '97.

They may actually win 73-games. And win the title. Best team ever?

Even if they lost the last game but won the title I would put them right next to the 86 C's and 96 Bulls as the great triumvirate of NBA teams. Too hard to narrow it down to a single greatest team imo.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
No great player or team has ever lost 33 in a row at one road arena.

I'm sure Dubs teams from couple of years down the road mean a lot in this discussion.

As for the the current addition of Dubs against the record setting Bulls? I'd take the Bulls. MJ would make it his mission to out stage Steph, his length and defensive game would bother Steph like no one today. And on the other end of the floor there's no one who could bother MJ when he gets into rhythm i.e. see LBJ from last years Finals.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They did Sam Hinkie dirty, eh?

First it was apparently other teams complaining and the NBA not being happy with the Sixers that led to them hiring Jerry Colangelo. He went in there and whatever he did over the course of the season led to Hinkie quitting. They then hire Bryan Colangelo to run things and Jerry steps aside.

I know they've already denied certain things and it comes off as a conspiracy but it really seems like the end goal was just to get Hinkie out of there.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
They did Sam Hinkie dirty, eh?

First it was apparently other teams complaining and the NBA not being happy with the Sixers that led to them hiring Jerry Colangelo. He went in there and whatever he did over the course of the season led to Hinkie quitting. They then hire Bryan Colangelo to run things and Jerry steps aside.

I know they've already denied certain things and it comes off as a conspiracy but it really seems like the end goal was just to get Hinkie out of there.

Like I said, it was some serious House of Cards **** in Philly. Colangelo literaly orchestrated this to get his son a job. The sad thing is, with BC's history, that team is going to end up a mediocre 6th-8th seed again. First round exits and overpaid players. I expect Jeff Teague and Harrison Barnes to be 76ers next season.

In other news, according to Windhorst, Randy 'Playoff' Whitmann will be fired this week. Good first step for the Wizards, now they need to fix their roster. I know I've speculated Thibs for the Wolves, but if he wants a veteran team, this isn't a bad option either.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Warriors will not win 70 games again.
It's cool to see 2 teams in my lifetime reach 70+ wins.

96 Bulls, 86 Celtics, 2016 Warriors..

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Like I said, it was some serious House of Cards **** in Philly. Colangelo literaly orchestrated this to get his son a job. The sad thing is, with BC's history, that team is going to end up a mediocre 6th-8th seed again. First round exits and overpaid players. I expect Jeff Teague and Harrison Barnes to be 76ers next season.

In other news, according to Windhorst, Randy 'Playoff' Whitmann will be fired this week. Good first step for the Wizards, now they need to fix their roster. I know I've speculated Thibs for the Wolves, but if he wants a veteran team, this isn't a bad option either.

Yeah, good call on the House of Cards comparison. Haha. When it first happened I didn't pay too much attention to what they were doing. Only thing I focused on was Hinkie being out. However, the more I read about it and see what they're doing now with Jerry/Bryan, it definitely seems orchestrated.

That would be a good decision by the Wizards. They probably kept him around too long as it is but now with the step back this season, it has to be done.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Rockets looked like they were done but now if they beat the Kings on Wednesday, they're in the playoffs.

Jazz controlled their own destiny and screwed it all up.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Rockets looked like they were done but now if they beat the Kings on Wednesday, they're in the playoffs.

Jazz controlled their own destiny and screwed it all up.

They wont beat the Kings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad