2015-2016 NBA Regular Season Discussion - Part 3

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
Is comparing teams from different era merely using wins or points accurate? I say no. The Hawks won the 67 regular season by a whopping 17 points led by Art Ross, Hart, and Lady Byng winner Stan Mikita, the Vezina winners Glenn Hall & Denis DeJordy, and All-Stars Bobby Hull, Pierre Pilote, and Kenny Wharram. Pretend the NHL played 82 games in 1967, the Hawks scored 102 points, and I came on here and said the 2015-2016 Panthers were better, because they scored 103 points. Knowledgeable fans would laugh me off the board. Not all eras are equal.

haters-gonna-hate.jpg

Criticizing Kobe for taking 50 shots shows a total lack of NBA knowledge. I agree with every NBA player I've ever heard or read on this point. It's difficult hard work for a 29 year old to get off 25 shots. For Kobe to get off 50, make almost half, score 60 points, break Curry's 2016 single game scoring record, and win his last game despite all the media pressure is a remarkable accomplishment that should only be praised. Oh well. Haters gonna hate. And get salty.

Last edited:

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Criticizing Kobe for taking 50 shots shows lack of knowledge? Funny you talk about people being salty as well

continue on...

Last edited:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Wrigley, you are easily one of the most clueless people on HF. Don't think I've seen you post anything that's not totally illogical/stupid/embarassing, etc.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
You're so right. Everyone memorizes every regular season record in every sport forever. I'm gonna remember Holtby tying Brodeur's 48 wins record 2 years from now. :sarcasm: The content of your post is easily one of the least thoughtful I've ever read.
I think you doth protest too much.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
All we need to do is find the Kobe pouring salt on Clowe Me pic and just replace Kobe and Clowe with Curry and Wrigley.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
I still can't believe the "everyone memorizes all regular season records in all sports" theory in here. I don't know my cell phone number, my only child's e-mail address, or who held the pre-Bulls wins or old 3 pointer record, but I'm gonna have memorized and know all the regular season records two years from now!?! :laugh:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I still can't believe the "everyone memorizes all regular season records in all sports" theory in here. I don't know my cell phone number, my only child's e-mail address, or who held the pre-Bulls wins or old 3 pointer record, but I'm gonna have memorized and know all the regular season records two years from now!?! :laugh:

Sounds like it is more of a personal problem then.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I'm failing to see what's so bad about that.

He shot it just enough to get 60. I wouldn't expect any different from Kobe lol.

Entitlement. Like most of today's youth these ***** think they are entitled to everything and that they are above everything. Atleast former athletes had respect. These millennials don't at all.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Minnesota Timberwolves have meetings set with the two top targets of the franchise’s basketball operations and coaching search: Tom Thibodeau and Jeff Van Gundy, league sources told The Vertical.

Those meetings are expected to happen in the next few days, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--minnesota-to-meet-with-thibodeau--jeff-van-gundy-about-leading-franchise-213500190.html

I was listening to Woj this morning and he said the Wolves job is the one the top coaches and their agents are focused on. If their owner is willing to pay, they'll likely get to pick whoever they want.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--minnesota-to-meet-with-thibodeau--jeff-van-gundy-about-leading-franchise-213500190.html

I was listening to Woj this morning and he said the Wolves job is the one the top coaches and their agents are focused on. If their owner is willing to pay, they'll likely get to pick whoever they want.

So the Thibs hire makes sense. Top notch coach, will give the team an identity, can develop players and get the most out of the team.

Why the interest in JVG? Hasn't coached in 9 years, hasn't made the playoffs in 16. Is this just a lazy, since SVG is good, so JVG must be good too?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So the Thibs hire makes sense. Top notch coach, will give the team an identity, can develop players and get the most out of the team.

Why the interest in JVG? Hasn't coached in 9 years, hasn't made the playoffs in 16. Is this just a lazy, since SVG is good, so JVG must be good too?

Thibs would be a great hire. Again, I'm a bit uneasy about how hard he works players so he might not be my top choice for them but there's not much else to worry about with him. He's one of the best coaches out there. With lessons learned from the Bulls and if they can build a good bench, he might even be better with how he handles the minutes.

JVG must still be very respected around the league. He was the other finalist for the Pelicans job last year and there was some talk that the main reason he didn't get it was because he wanted to be president and head coach, just like SVG is with the Pistons.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Entitlement. Like most of today's youth these ***** think they are entitled to everything and that they are above everything. Atleast former athletes had respect. These millennials don't at all.

Hilarious. He was likely invited to the field and took them up on the opportunity. I really still don't see the problem with it. Then again I'm probably just a self-absorbed millennial.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Looking ahead to the 2016-17 season, the NBA now projects the salary cap will climb to $92 million, with a luxury tax threshold of $111 million.

Individual teams will be obligated to pay out 90 percent of the cap, known as the salary floor, which would be $82.8 million of a $92 million cap.

The league also projects a $107 million salary cap for the 2017-18 season, with a $127 million luxury tax threshold, although both the owners and players can opt out of the current CBA after this coming season.

If neither party opts out, the salary cap could dip slightly to $105 million for 2018-19.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-estimates-93-million-salary-shortfall/

Everyone's about to get PAID.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Luke Walton tells Phil Jackson he isn't interested in the NY job.
Starting to think Thibodeau may be our best realistic option although if the Wolves reach out, I see no reason he'd want to come to NY.
Really anything would be better than Rambis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad