2015/2016 Free Agent Frenzy Discussion

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Not sure why the O's are giving up a draft pick when they have won of the worst farm systems out there just for a middling pitcher in Gallardo.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I don't think Sisco and Mancini get the credit they deserve. The O's have a pretty up and coming system in regard to depth as well.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Not sure why the O's are giving up a draft pick when they have won of the worst farm systems out there just for a middling pitcher in Gallardo.

yes its a dumb move but their rotation is complete crap and easily the worst in the division, one of the worst in the conference. Doesnt help that Bundy is never going to pan out. They are in full desperation mode.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Most outrageous contracts

... We take that look through the eyes of 35 of the most astute baseball executives on our continent -- or, to put it another way, the 35 who carved out the time to take part in our always-fascinating Best and Worst of the Offseason poll. ... Now a quick word on Davis (who got seven years and $161 million from the Orioles) and Heyward (whose eight-year, $184 million deal with the Cubs was one of the stunners of the winter). One exec was so puzzled by why the Orioles gave Davis seven years when no other club appeared to be in that range that his "Most Outrageous" ballot looked like this: "Chris Davis, Chris Davis, Chris Davis."

Most outrageous contracts

Chris Davis (Orioles): 16

Jason Heyward (Cubs): 13

Zack Greinke (Diamondbacks): 13

David Price (Red Sox): 10

Ian Kennedy (Royals): 7

Johnny Cueto (Giants): 6
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14786897/best-worst-mlb-offseason

I don't have words to describe the Chris Davis contract.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I have no issue with the Heyward contract. Lots of money but I don't think it's a big deal giving 8 years to a 26 year old player. Personally I'd be more concerned about giving 7 years to a 30 year old power pitcher.

And the Orioles are just spinning tires.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I have no issue with the Heyward contract. Lots of money but I don't think it's a big deal giving 8 years to a 26 year old player. Personally I'd be more concerned about giving 7 years to a 30 year old power pitcher.

And the Orioles are just spinning tires.

Grienke is a unique case however.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
red sox kind of quietly signed david murphy to a minor league contract.

for someone who doesn't like dombrowski or some of the moves he's made this offseason i really like this.

i can't believe the angels hadn't signed him by now as he's exactly what they need. to get him for what amounts to 2 million if he makes the majors...what's the downside.

also if ian desmond hears what murphy signed for he's going to try to kill his agent with a piano wire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad