Jeff Samardzija
Mike Leake
Daniel Murphy
Ben Zobrist

Last edited:

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
San Fransisco will be going all in and splashing a lot of cash. I expect them to sign one of Cueto/Price/Greinke.

Jays are going all in once again after trading 26 yr old Hendriks to OAK for 32 yr old Chavez. Expect them to sign one of Cueto/Zimmerman/Leake/Samardjiza.

Cubs had shown some interest in Price and Greinke, they might be all in on one of them

Last edited:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
San Fransisco will be going all in and splashing a lot of cash. I expect them to sign one of Cueto/Price/Greinke.

Jays are going all in once again after trading 26 yr old Hendriks to OAK for 32 yr old Chavez. Expect them to sign one of Cueto/Zimmerman/Leake/Samardjiza.

Cubs had shown some interest in Price and Greinke, they might be all in on one of them

so are like 15 other teams. everyone wants them

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Jays will try to sign Greinke/Price. If they prove to be out of their price zone, they will sign a lower tier guy like Zimmerman or Leake or maybe even Cueto. I heard they are interested in Chris Davis as well. That would be sick!

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Angels will get one of the big outfielders. I'd love zobrist for three years, but want nothing to do with Murphy.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
EDIT: Already gonna change some of these since the ball hasn't dropped

David Price - Red Sox
Zach Greinke - Doyers
Jordan Zimmerman - Red Sox
Johnny Cueto - Giants
Jason Heyward - Cubs
Chris Davis - Cardinals
Justin Upton - Mariners
Alex Gordon - Royals
Yoenis Cespedes - Angels
Jeff Samardzija - Cubs
Mike Leake - Jays
Daniel Murphy - Angels
Ben Zobrist - Mets

Last edited:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
The Nationals are now a leading suitor for reliever Darren O’Day, a source tells Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com (on Twitter). The Nats have been connected to O’Day for some time, but it appears that they have ramped up their pursuit.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think it would be smart for the Jays to go after Jason Heyward. He's probably just hitting his prime and we need to start looking for a replacement on Bautista. It's his last year of his contract and while he's still very good at the plate, even if he's resigned, those skills and his fielding (which already isn't great) will start to diminish. It would give the Jays flexibility in trading Revere, Saunders, Pillar, Pompey to get some starting pitching. Although I still think the Jays should try to get someone on the open market as well.

Would also like to see them get Steve Pearce/Justin Morneau to platoon with Colabello.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The Nationals are now a leading suitor for reliever Darren O’Day, a source tells Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com (on Twitter). The Nats have been connected to O’Day for some time, but it appears that they have ramped up their pursuit.

After reading this:

The Nationals reportedly are interested in free-agent reliever Darren O’Day – his wife, Elizabeth Prann, is a reporter for Fox News Channel in Washington, D.C.

I would bet on it happening.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
The Dodgers have agreed to sign Cuban outfielder Yusniel Diaz to a $15.5MM deal, according to Jesse Sanchez of MLB.com (via Twitter). Furthermore, the Dodgers and Omar Estevez have agreed to a pact that will pay the infielder $6MM.

not sure who they are or if they are big gets

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I have a hard time believing the Nationals or Angels are out of the question for Price or Greinke if there was mutual interest with a pitch that promotes winning.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I have a hard time believing the Nationals or Angels are out of the question for Price or Greinke if there was mutual interest with a pitch that promotes winning.

interesting note on that. did you know the nats actually acquired grienke in 2010 but he rejected it? it was before he was traded the brewers

The "original trade agreement", Heyman noted, was between the Royals and the Washington Nationals, but, "[t]hat one fell through," he wrote, "because Nats GM Mike Rizzo wanted to lock up Greinke long-term for what is believed to have been $100 million," and "Greinke decided he didn't want to do that because he doubted the Nats were ready to win."

"From Washington," he adds, "the Royals were to get Jordan Zimmermann, Drew Storen, Danny Espinosa and Derek Norris, quite a haul indeed."

but yea, dont count out the richest owner in baseball who is in his 90s looking to get one quickly for the nats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad