2015/2016 Free Agent Frenzy Discussion

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
This is just getting set-up for Mets fans to hate the Wilpon's even more, if that were possible.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...ld-prefer-stay-with-mets-ken-rosenthal-012116

Not sure how so.

Here in NYC we been following things differently.

Him signing with the Mets after these more recent updates seemed likely because he wanted to be here.

If necessary I still think the Mets would have matched the five year Nats offer.
Pthat offer might have been 110 but the money was deferred
The Mets deal is upfront and the pot out is after one year not three
The Mets deal for Cespedes is actually better

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I prefer O's give the draft pick for Fowler over Gallardo. He's not much upgrade than combination of Worley, Despaigne, Wright and Wilson. That would be such a waste. Fowler could give O's solid leadoff hitter with .obp abilities who could play RF.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
White Sox sign Mat Latos, 1yr/$3M.

Not bad. Kinda crappy the last 2 years, but it's a steal if he can get back to 2010-13 form.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
IjHUeOM.png

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
He was fine in 2014, one of his better years, he was just injured.

Low risk, high reward signing. Think he'll bounce back.

High reward? He throws 91 now and can't get a decent changeup going. That's what awful mechanics, shoulder injuries, and age do to you.

I think it's a fine upside signing, but he's a 4th starter in the best case scenario.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
High reward? He throws 91 now and can't get a decent changeup going. That's what awful mechanics, shoulder injuries, and age do to you.

I think it's a fine upside signing, but he's a 4th starter in the best case scenario.

"High reward" and "upside" are used pretty interchangeably, just another way of saying no guarantee.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009

They are really going to throw away 14th overall to sign this guy it appears.

Kill me.

I fine with Fowler but not with Gallardo. Ubaldo Jimenez, Yovani Gallardo and Miguel Gonzalez that's way too much in same rotation... This season gonna be ugly. O's looks like bottom 5 team in the entire league.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Kill me.

I fine with Fowler but not with Gallardo. Ubaldo Jimenez, Yovani Gallardo and Miguel Gonzalez that's way too much in same rotation... This season gonna be ugly. O's looks like bottom 5 team in the entire league.

You did lose Chien, and your rotation last year was crap outside of him. even at the current state all there really is Gonzalez, Guasman and Tillman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->