2015/2016 Free Agent Frenzy Discussion

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
This is just getting set-up for Mets fans to hate the Wilpon's even more, if that were possible.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...ld-prefer-stay-with-mets-ken-rosenthal-012116

Late Thursday afternoon, the Nationals’ signing of free-agent outfielder Yoenis Cespedes seemed likely, if not inevitable.

The Nats had made Cespedes a five-year offer for an unspecified amount, according to major-league sources. The Mets were unwilling to go beyond three years, sources said.

The possibility existed -- and still exists -- that other teams are still involved. But Cespedes also could be wrestling with a more fundamental choice.

According to two sources with knowledge of his thinking, he prefers to stay with the Mets.

The lead agent for Cespedes, CAA’s Brodie Van Wagenen, remains in touch with the Mets, and the two sides are scheduled to speak again on Friday, sources said.

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
Saw the bottom line ticket for ESPN that the Mets offered him a big three year deal with a opt out clause after one year....

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Saw the bottom line ticket for ESPN that the Mets offered him a big three year deal with a opt out clause after one year....

He should take it. Its more $$$ than the Nats one I believe and if he sucks this year hes still got two more years left on the deal. Seemed to really fit in there too.

I also heard he really wants to stay in NYC, apparently his agent reached out to the Yankees but they had no interest.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
He should take it. Its more $$$ than the Nats one I believe and if he sucks this year hes still got two more years left on the deal. Seemed to really fit in there too.

I also heard he really wants to stay in NYC, apparently his agent reached out to the Yankees but they had no interest.

No surprise with Ellsbury, Gardner and Beltran. You can't DH Beltran because of A-Rod.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
So what's left out there?

Fowler, Fister, Gallardo, Latos. Anyone else worth mentioning?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Latos/Fister are good buy-low guys. Seem like typical A's or Indians signings.

Never understood why guys like Fowler dont take the QO.... does he really think hes worth more than 16 million.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Latos/Fister are good buy-low guys. Seem like typical A's or Indians signings.

Never understood why guys like Fowler dont take the QO.... does he really think hes worth more than 16 million.

Its not that he thinks he's worth 16 million /year, but more that he wants a multi-year deal. He most likely wants something for 3 or 4 years worth 30-48 million over the duration, and other teams don't want to give up the draft pick.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
anigif_enhanced-31861-1426272575-5.gif

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
So Beachy gets a guaranteed mlb contract then the dodgers outright him 3 weeks later. :huh: I guess when you're rolling in it..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad