Speculation: 2015 - 2016 Coyotes Roster - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Sure. Fowler or Lindholm would be great. We'd have to add soooo much.

Like Boedker(50%)+Doan(50%)+Dahlbeck+NYR1st+ARI2nd

I doubt Fowler or Lindholm are available, Vatanen is a maybe only because he is an RFA and they have some depth already.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He'd be great on the opposite side of Rieder.

Id rather add to Boedker for one of Montour or Theodore. Probably add something significant to Boedker, but still...

Either of those two would be great. I really like Vatanan. Maybe Schultz from the Oilers.:)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Marcus Petterson. I read somewhere that the Ducks don't like to trade their first round pick in any current draft. So, if we deal with the Ducks it may be prospects.

SportsRacer21

Mar 12, 2007
Columbia, MO
Any chance Doan would be available as a pure rental with the understanding he'll re-sign with the Yotes next year? Yotes get a 1st/good prospect and Shane gets a 2-month, playoffs-included vacation to a destination of his choosing.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Any chance Doan would be available as a pure rental with the understanding he'll re-sign with the Yotes next year? Yotes get a 1st/good prospect and Shane gets a 2-month, playoffs-included vacation to a destination of his choosing.

Some of us wish he would. I personally hope Doan goes for a cup. But he's so committed to the area that I don't think its likely. Nothing against Doan that I want him to chase it, I just can't think of a more deserving player than Doaner.

I would take that trade in a heartbeat. But DM isn't going to approach him, and Doan isn't going to approach DM for a trade.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

We've discussed this a bit this year. The armchair GMs in us all believe that if we could get a tempting enough package in return, it'd be acceptable to see Doan go to a contender as a rental. Problem is, realistically, no team is going to want Doan enough to offer the kind of package it would take to convince either Shane or Don Maloney to explore it - and even if that offer was made, if the wrong team offers the package, Doan is likely going to say no.

SportsRacer21

Mar 12, 2007
Columbia, MO
Thanks guys. I figured Doan wouldn't ask for a trade because he wants to spend his whole career with this organization and Maloney wouldn't approach him about it.

I think it would be great to see him go the the Panthers. Another non-traditional market that has a need for a good 3rd line winger and would probably be willing to move their 1st this year for a rental.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We've discussed this a bit this year. The armchair GMs in us all believe that if we could get a tempting enough package in return, it'd be acceptable to see Doan go to a contender as a rental. Problem is, realistically, no team is going to want Doan enough to offer the kind of package it would take to convince either Shane or Don Maloney to explore it - and even if that offer was made, if the wrong team offers the package, Doan is likely going to say no.

I disagree. If Doan expresses an interest in chasing a Cup for one Spring/Summer before returning home with a new Coyotes contract, I think we'll happily find a contender for him to join, and I think they'll happily give us a 2nd round pick for him. He's on pace for 30+ goals, and is a warrior and fantastic leader. Plus we can retain salary. We'd have an easy time getting a great return on this 39yr old rental.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I disagree. If Doan expresses an interest in chasing a Cup for one Spring/Summer before returning home with a new Coyotes contract, I think we'll happily find a contender for him to join, and I think they'll happily give us a 2nd round pick for him. He's on pace for 30+ goals, and is a warrior and fantastic leader. Plus we can retain salary. We'd have an easy time getting a great return on this 39yr old rental.

Well, if Doan decided he wanted to chase a Cup, I'd hope we'd get more than a late 2nd rounder for him for the very reasons you listed above.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If Doan wants the Cup, I say we eat half cap hit, include Boedker also at half cap hit and take back Bickell to Chicago along with Grossman for Teuvo and 1st. Gift wrap it for him.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If Doan wants the Cup, I say we eat half cap hit, include Boedker also at half cap hit and take back Bickell to Chicago along with Grossman for Teuvo and 1st. Gift wrap it for him.

That's what I was hoping for, but I thought the Ducks not the Hawks.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
If Doan is actually interested in cup chasing, this would be a great way to approach it.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Yep. But after hearing him on Burns and Gambo today it really didn't sound at all like he wants to go anywhere.
I don't think I could be less surprised. There's absolutely nothing in his history that would even remotely suggest otherwise no matter how bad some wish that was the case.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
+1

We've found the lost city of Cibola ... the unicorn on the crazy/hot chart: something that would actually make me cheer for the blackhawks

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Everything is actually starting to make me believe that when the front office mentioned changing up our core, we knew that OEL would be there, but I think he is the only player that our management definitively had in mind.

My guess is that Boedker and Hanzal will be gone prior to their contracts ending. Smith will be made available in expansion draft. Doan will eventually retire. Add OEL to those 4 names, and there is (was) our core.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Thanks guys. I figured Doan wouldn't ask for a trade because he wants to spend his whole career with this organization and Maloney wouldn't approach him about it.

I think it would be great to see him go the the Panthers. Another non-traditional market that has a need for a good 3rd line winger and would probably be willing to move their 1st this year for a rental.
Important to Coyote brass to have Doan finish his 20+ year career as Coyote...without interruption...it's even more important to Doan.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I wonder if we package NYR first as a sweetener to take Smith. We'd likely still even eat salary. Calgary a match.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Honestly, I would love it if Doan decided to chase the cup, netted us some great assets, and then re-signed in the summer, but based on his comments over the years, I just don't see him leaving the Coyotes at all, even if only for a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad