Speculation: 2015 - 2016 Coyotes Roster - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
What would Blackhawks pay for a guy they can't resign? Another 1st and a prospect? Who do they even have in their prospect pool?

I like the Pens idea. What if we could send Stone and Boeds for Pouliot?

Pouliot isn't worth that.

Blackhawks have Hartman, McNeill, Dano, Pokka, 1st round pick

Any of those players plus the pick for Boedker. Possibly add Dahlbeck to get a 2nd player.

I still say maximum value will come from a team that hopes to sign him, like Florida.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Pouliot isn't worth that.

Blackhawks have Hartman, McNeill, Dano, Pokka, 1st round pick

Any of those players plus the pick for Boedker. Possibly add Dahlbeck to get a 2nd player.

I still say maximum value will come from a team that hopes to sign him, like Florida.

I thought Pouliot had become a solid second pairing guy.

Islanders are interesting too. If Boedker clicks over there it solves their Okposo situation. Of course we can always add conditional picks if he resigns or not.

Surprised Stars weren't mentioned here too. Honka + for Boeds.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I thought Pouliot had become a solid second pairing guy.

Islanders are interesting too. If Boedker clicks over there it solves their Okposo situation. Of course we can always add conditional picks if he resigns or not.

Surprised Stars weren't mentioned here too. Honka + for Boeds.
The Stars are bursting at the seams with forwards. They need a first pairing defender. I don't see them giving up Honka to rent Byfuglien -- zero chance they do that to rent Boeds.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
The Stars are bursting at the seams with forwards. They need a first pairing defender. I don't see them giving up Honka to rent Byfuglien -- zero chance they do that to rent Boeds.

Haven't watched them enough this season but Boeds could move Hemsky down a line. Figured that would be the type of upgrade for a cup run. Unless Hemsky has chemistry with Spezza.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
LeBrun:

- Looking more and more likely that Boedker will be traded at this point, versus being re-signed.

- The clock is ticking and AZ will not allow Boedker to go thru deadline w/o being signed or traded.

- AZ has made a few offers to Boedker's camp and, as far as I can tell, they've been rejected.

- AZ talking to a lot of teams right now. A lot of contenders will look at Boedker.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Well the good news is that frees up another spot for one of our prospects. Plus the additional assets we get will either help Maloney make a deal or add to the prospect pool. I just hope he's able to dump a vet contract or two that runs through next year.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
LeBrun:

- The clock is ticking and AZ will not allow Boedker to go thru deadline w/o being signed or traded.

That's the most important thing to me, I'm glad DM is taking this approach.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Coyotes scout at tonight's Ducks/Oilers game, as per Twitter.

Second time in recent memory where we're watching Anaheim.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Coyotes scout at tonight's Ducks/Oilers game, as per Twitter.

Second time in recent memory where we're watching Anaheim.

Any chance a deal involving Boedker could net us Vanaten or Lindholm?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Zero chance at Lindholm. Not sure Vatanen is actually what we need. He'd be a bad fit for OEL on the top pair. So he'd slide in between Murphy and Stone on the right, leaving Michalek as an extremely expensive 7th D. And we'd still have a glaring hole at LD on the 2nd pair.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Zero chance at Lindholm. Not sure Vatanen is actually what we need. He'd be a bad fit for OEL on the top pair. So he'd slide in between Murphy and Stone on the right, leaving Michalek as an extremely expensive 7th D. And we'd still have a glaring hole at LD on the 2nd pair.

I'm thinking Silfverberg maybe.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
What would Blackhawks pay for a guy they can't resign? Another 1st and a prospect? Who do they even have in their prospect pool?

Well, if they think they could re-sign him, he might be worth the risk. Of course, his asking price is probably too much for the Blackhawks. Still, in terms of roster-level assets, the following players could be of interest:
Andrew Shaw (24 year-old RW with 30 points so far this season) - They probably won't be able to re-sign him to an affordable contract since they have a number of other RFAs that will have more affordable contracts. He's getting 2 million now, but we could possibly combine him with another player to keep CHI from going over the cap too much. Boedker could help them this season, and that would be 4-5 million they could spend on their RFAs once Boedker went UFA
Bickell (LW) - while not too tempting to add, he might be willing to waive his NTC (I'm sure we aren't on his list of 8 possible teams he'd be willing to be traded to) to be playing back in the NHL. His contract is expensive, but we could stomach it for next season. Still, he would be a bit pricey for a 3rd/4th line forward, but we could possibly get a decent deal in other assets by agreeing to take him.​

In terms of prospects:
McNeill (C/RW)- Two-way player that could make it to the top 6 (eventually)
Kyle Baun (RW) - Kind of a gamble, but could develop into a solid 3rd/4th liner​

So, I don't know, Boedker (3.75 million UFA), Stone (1.15 million RFA), and a pick for Bickell (4-4.5 million), Shaw (2 million RFA), and McNeill (.86 million RFA)?

rt

May 13, 2004
Well, if they think they could re-sign him, he might be worth the risk. Of course, his asking price is probably too much for the Blackhawks. Still, in terms of roster-level assets, the following players could be of interest:
Andrew Shaw (24 year-old RW with 30 points so far this season) - They probably won't be able to re-sign him to an affordable contract since they have a number of other RFAs that will have more affordable contracts. He's getting 2 million now, but we could possibly combine him with another player to keep CHI from going over the cap too much. Boedker could help them this season, and that would be 4-5 million they could spend on their RFAs once Boedker went UFA
Bickell (LW) - while not too tempting to add, he might be willing to waive his NTC (I'm sure we aren't on his list of 8 possible teams he'd be willing to be traded to) to be playing back in the NHL. His contract is expensive, but we could stomach it for next season. Still, he would be a bit pricey for a 3rd/4th line forward, but we could possibly get a decent deal in other assets by agreeing to take him.​

In terms of prospects:
McNeill (C/RW)- Two-way player that could make it to the top 6 (eventually)
Kyle Baun (RW) - Kind of a gamble, but could develop into a solid 3rd/4th liner​

So, I don't know, Boedker (3.75 million UFA), Stone (1.15 million RFA), and a pick for Bickell (4-4.5 million), Shaw (2 million RFA), and McNeill (.86 million RFA)?

If Chicago offered Bickell, Shaw and McNeill for a 7th round pick I'd decline. Easily. Without thinking twice. A 7th round pick is way better than that trio, if they're stuck together.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
If Chicago offered Bickell, Shaw and McNeill for a 7th round pick I'd decline. Easily. Without thinking twice. A 7th round pick is away better than that trio, if they're stuck together.

With the waiving of Scuderi, we can probably take Bickell out of that discussion.

Boedker and pick for Shaw and McNeill

rt

May 13, 2004
With the waiving of Scuderi, we can probably take Bickell out of that discussion.

Boedker and pick for Shaw and McNeill

I don't see either being successful here. Show enjoys some luxuries in Chicago he wouldn't get here and I don't see much in McNeill. I'd rather just have their 1st, which as low as it will be, is more flippable. I'd just try to parlay it with some other stuff at the draft.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Chicago just waived Scuderi. Making space for Boeds?
The DAL/CHI trade over the summer looks more and more one-sided.

DAL receives
Patrick Sharp - 1st line NHL winger
Stephen Johns - good AHL defensive prospect

CHI receives
Trevor Daley -> Scuderi -> waivers
Ryan Garbutt -> Jiri Sekac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad