2015-2016 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Adding mass and strength is what he needs to worry about right now, no harm in leaving him in what may be the 2nd best league in the world under a good coach vs being in the AHL on a crowded roster and a bad coach imo.

I agree with this, it's not like he's in the same situation as DLR who sometimes wouldnt even get to play 10 minutes of icetime if I remember correctly, he's in a great organization getting some quality icetime and thriving with it. I usually prefer having our Euro prospects come over ASAP because I feel like the organization has better control over their preparation and development when they're here but Lehkonen seems to be in a really good situation with Frolunda.

Do we know how they are trained over there? As far as AHL and crowed roster well sorry, but if I think he's a serious prospect, he's playing top 6. This AHL team do not have enough top players to not make room for 1 more. Especially not next year when at one poitn, some decision will need to happen for Ghetto and Lessio who each have to go through waivers next year. Are we going to re-live another Tinordi moment with Ghetto?

Compared to say Reway, he seems to have a good attitude so I'm not too worried about his training over there. A good friend of mine (Deschamps) who's conditionning is top notch played for Karpat for a little bit last season and said it was pretty intense training wise so my guess is it's similar in Frolunda.

Dont know if this video was ever posted here but he seems to be on a pretty good program.

Is Lehkonen a good skater? Does he have elite speed?

Yes he is, his speed is not elite but he has good jump and especially good edge work, seems really strong on his skates.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Lehkonen's team advances to the Finals next month vs Karpat. Didn't see the updated stats but looks like Lehkonen could be tied for 2nd in the tournament in points with 12, although he's played in the most games. still good to see him produce at a high level.

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
I just want to know your thoughts about Erik Nystrom, our 6th round pick (154th) in 2012. Did we give up too early on him ? He's 11g 13a 24p in 36 games and a differencial of +12. He's currently 21.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I just want to know your thoughts about Erik Nystrom, our 6th round pick (154th) in 2012. Did we give up too early on him ? He's 11g 13a 24p in 36 games and a differencial of +12. He's currently 21.

That's 1st Division. Not Elite league. So let's see how he develops....but we never know. Not too well known prospects are playing in that league, not prospects anyway that are expected to be big time contribuotrs at the NHL level. Guys like Nicolas Deschamps are playing in there. Mitch Wahl. Couple of others.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

He's 22. Also, he's playing in Sweden's second league so it's not that impressive.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Him and Daniel Prybil are possibly the 2 prospects that Habs lost rights to that might still have hopes for NHL contracts in their future IMO.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

John Westin (207th, '10) had a similar breakout in the same league last year, but not sure what happened to him this year. Good for Nystrom to put together a good season, wasn't impressed with him for the few games he played in Hamilton.

Pribyl is the guy I still think the Habs should be keeping an eye out for. He's at a PPG this year and leads his team in scoring.

The one guy that we got rid of that surprises me to the down side is Collberg, I really thought he was going to be good but he has really struggled from the looks of his stats. I haven't seen him since the trade but only 7 goals in the AHL to date, that's very surprising. Guess management knew what they were doing when they traded him.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Erik Nystrom is leading his Allvenskan team in points (and +/-), not bad. Still some hope now, otherwise since he left the AHL it was going pretty bad for him.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I have no idea what he's saying there. Does he want out of our organization?

The only thing I can think of was they both had similar problems. Both Reway and Drouin didn't want to play for the team that had there rights :dunno:

OR

Maybe he thinks it would be a good deal for the Habs to trade Reway to TB for Drouin :laugh:

OR

Maybe I don't know WTF I am talking about :nod:
:rant::laugh:

malton

Feb 17, 2009
I'd put Reway on our 2nd line over any of the options we currently have.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Wouldnt be surprising if Habs never approached him about a contract so he assumes they don't want him. Too little character.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
I'd put Reway on our 2nd line over any of the options we currently have.

In a heartbeat! Him and Hudon all day over Desharnais/Byron/Weise/DSP/Carr/Andrighetto...

Pretty weak management right now I'd say. Need skilled playmakers who are good on the PP, but Hudon steady rotting...

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I don't even think he knows he's saying anything wrong. You can't read too much into someone's character from an instagram comment

malton

Feb 17, 2009
I don't even think he knows he's saying anything wrong. You can't read too much into someone's character from an instagram comment

His english is just bad.

What he was trying to say was that he can't wait to play with Drouin in Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad