2015-2016 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just got done watching Jake Evans as his next few games are on tv. He was bumped up to the 2nd line tonight with Bjork and Herr. Had a good game with 2 assists but it was a very one-sided affair as Notre Dame just outplayed Western Michigan all night long. 7-1 final it was a total blowout by the time the 2nd period was over. Evans got a little PP time at the end and was on the PK as well. He tied last years totals in just under half the number of games played, with 17 pts in 20 games. He did get hit hard up high towards the end of the game, the Western Michigan player got a 5 minute major for it, but Evans finished the game so guess he's alright.

Got to see a little of Koberstein as I recorded the game so will watch it later, only the 2nd time I've ever seen him and might not get another shot as Alaska isn't on national tv very much.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Bradley with 10 pts in his last 7 games. He's seemed to have really picked it up of late. Always been intrigued by him but no one seems to know too much.

Vejdemo with a goal today. Reway picking up where he left off with a goal and an apple yesterday. I hope he really was sick and not a healthy scratch or something. Regardless what a start for him in a superior league. I hope he's still in our plans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Just got done watching Jake Evans as his next few games are on tv. He was bumped up to the 2nd line tonight with Bjork and Herr. Had a good game with 2 assists but it was a very one-sided affair as Notre Dame just outplayed Western Michigan all night long. 7-1 final it was a total blowout by the time the 2nd period was over. Evans got a little PP time at the end and was on the PK as well. He tied last years totals in just under half the number of games played, with 17 pts in 20 games. He did get hit hard up high towards the end of the game, the Western Michigan player got a 5 minute major for it, but Evans finished the game so guess he's alright.

Got to see a little of Koberstein as I recorded the game so will watch it later, only the 2nd time I've ever seen him and might not get another shot as Alaska isn't on national tv very much.

Weirdly enough, even though he plays in the NCAA I've probably seen more of Evans in the last two seasons than most of our CHL prospects. The more I see him and the more I can kinda picture him ending up like a Daniel Carr type. I'm hard pressed to find any part of his game that's above average. Athletically speaking he doesn't really stand out either. Yet he just finds ways to end up on the score sheet most games and be a contributor.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Weirdly enough, even though he plays in the NCAA I've probably seen more of Evans in the last two seasons than most of our CHL prospects. The more I see him and the more I can kinda picture him ending up like a Daniel Carr type. I'm hard pressed to find any part of his game that's above average. Athletically speaking he doesn't really stand out either. Yet he just finds ways to end up on the score sheet most games and be a contributor.

His passing/vision is above average for sure, I'd say his speed as well. He seems smart and works hard, just needs to really improve his lower body and overall strength. I don't see him being a Carr type, Carr goes to the net hard and is known for his release, Evans game seems much more about smarts and passing.

Vejdemo with a goal today. Reway picking up where he left off with a goal and an apple yesterday. I hope he really was sick and not a healthy scratch or something. Regardless what a start for him in a superior league. I hope he's still in our plans.

Vejdemo got his first point since being cut from the WJC's, saw a bump in ice time as well. He scored from a rebound on the side of the net. Nygren was Even on the day despite playing over 19 minutes in a 6-0 loss to Lekhonen's team, his 2nd game back (he played around 15 minutes in his first game back)

Reway I know he was listed as sick. Other then a 4 game span where he had 1 pt in the rest of the time he's had 16 pts in 10 games. So he's certainly off to a good start in his new league.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched Evans last night, he scored a nice goal on the PP. The Habs NCAA scout Dave Starman was calling the game and he had nice things to say about Evans and his skill level, smarts and speed. He did make a note to say that it was his opinion of Evans and not the Habs, as the other play by play was joking with him at the start of the game about how we are going to hear a lot about Evans since he was a Hab prospect.

After really controlling the game all night long up 3-0, Notre Dame looked like they were going to win easily but Western Michigan came back to tie it up and in the 3 on 3 Evans just missed winning the game only to have WM drive up ice and score. Still a good game from him, he's currently at a career high in assists and points, leads the team in assists, tied for the team lead in points.

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
watched Evans last night, he scored a nice goal on the PP. The Habs NCAA scout Dave Starman was calling the game and he had nice things to say about Evans and his skill level, smarts and speed. He did make a note to say that it was his opinion of Evans and not the Habs, as the other play by play was joking with him at the start of the game about how we are going to hear a lot about Evans since he was a Hab prospect.

After really controlling the game all night long up 3-0, Notre Dame looked like they were going to win easily but Western Michigan came back to tie it up and in the 3 on 3 Evans just missed winning the game only to have WM drive up ice and score. Still a good game from him, he's currently at a career high in assists and points, leads the team in assists, tied for the team lead in points.

Nice to hear. I have no clue about this guy, but that sounds promising. I'm just glad that one of our 7th rd wild cards is doing something.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Lekhonen with a goal in a 5-0 win at Davos, in the first of two semifinals of the champions hockey league.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Vejdemo with an assist today, keeping his third spot on the SHL U20 players list. His minutes have been a bit down but he's found ways to keep producing .

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Lekhonen with a goal in a 5-0 win at Davos, in the first of two semifinals of the champions hockey league.

just in case anyone if following the CHL, Lehknoen's team has advanced to the finals.

Vejdemo with an assist today, keeping his third spot on the SHL U20 players list. His minutes have been a bit down but he's found ways to keep producing .

He did some nice work along the boards to set up the goal. His ice time has been picking up the last few games after being around 9 mins per, it dipped a little last game but before that he was back to his normal 14-15 mins in the previous 2 games.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Lehkonen just scored, he's looking good.

Orchestrated the zone entry and then beat the defender to the net to make himself available for a pass, redirected cross ice pass 5 hole. His awareness is great, sees the ice well, he looks like one of those little guys that never gets hit, something guys like Kane, Johnson, Gaudreau all have, would be interested to see if it's still the case on the smaller rink.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched Jake Evans last night and will see him again tonight. Wasn't his best game and he still ended up with 1g 1a. On the assist he tried to spin around and shoot while next to the net but fanned and the puck went to his linemate Bjork who is red hot and buried it. He scored on the PP late in the game, nice shot. It was all Notre Dame though as they are on a real roll of late as they have 3 lines going and one of the top goalies in the NCAA (though he was off a bit last night)

One thing of interest, former NHLer Anson Carter spoke highly of Evans saying how impressed he's been with him this year and how he always makes the right choice on the play or something to that effect.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
watched Jake Evans last night and will see him again tonight. Wasn't his best game and he still ended up with 1g 1a. On the assist he tried to spin around and shoot while next to the net but fanned and the puck went to his linemate Bjork who is red hot and buried it. He scored on the PP late in the game, nice shot. It was all Notre Dame though as they are on a real roll of late as they have 3 lines going and one of the top goalies in the NCAA (though he was off a bit last night)

One thing of interest, former NHLer Anson Carter spoke highly of Evans saying how impressed he's been with him this year and how he always makes the right choice on the play or something to that effect.

I still remember that Smyth-Comrie-Carter line, they were a real blast. Back when the Oilers could still play exciting hockey !

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
since his return from injury, Nygren has 3 pts in 4 games. Now up to 20 pts in 30 games and still among the top scoring D in the SHL. He played almost 29 minutes today.

Lehkonen with his 13th today now has 26 pts in 33 games.

Reway continues to put up points, on a 5 game streak with 6 pts.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
That makes him a PPG player, right?
Indeed, which is extremely impressive for a 19 year old of his calibre. Colin White (OTT) is doing a little bit better than Evans (points wise), but the difference should be much larger.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I think Evans is a player we can be legitimately excited about, he's progressed really fast. I'd love to know if any one has any insight on how he's valued in the organization, I don't recall TT ever discussing him but I could definitely be wrong.

incognito Burrito*

I think Evans is a player we can be legitimately excited about, he's progressed really fast. I'd love to know if any one has any insight on how he's valued in the organization, I don't recall TT ever discussing him but I could definitely be wrong.

Normally Timmins talks about all the prospects but in the 2014 one I didn't hear him talk about Evans at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad