2015-2016 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Montréal has so little offensive weapons, I don't see how they can't make room for Reway.

If he was lighting it up in the AHL I'm sure he would have had his turn by now

The fact that he's there and not here is 100% on him

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Addison with 2 apples
Audette with a goal and an assist
Bourque with a goal
Evans with an assist

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
John Westin (207th, '10) had a similar breakout in the same league last year, but not sure what happened to him this year. Good for Nystrom to put together a good season, wasn't impressed with him for the few games he played in Hamilton.

Pribyl is the guy I still think the Habs should be keeping an eye out for. He's at a PPG this year and leads his team in scoring.

The one guy that we got rid of that surprises me to the down side is Collberg, I really thought he was going to be good but he has really struggled from the looks of his stats. I haven't seen him since the trade but only 7 goals in the AHL to date, that's very surprising. Guess management knew what they were doing when they traded him.

Montreal we have discussed before that since koivu, hAbs seem to have terrible luck with Swedish and Finn picks. I hope one of these years they strike gold like the bloody wings do every 3 years. Any hopes?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'm confused about Reway but my gut is telling me it's not good between them.

I've said it a million times that when TT gives that post draft interview and he talks about Lehkonen and Reway, he was glowing about Arti and was the total opposite about Reway. People always think I'm paranoid over it lol but I can totally read between the lines.

That twitter thing, I don't even understand what he's trying to say but I can think of only more bad things to say then good things.

He's saying 'NA'; nothing about the Habs. Can't be good.

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
I'm confused about Reway but my gut is telling me it's not good between them.

I've said it a million times that when TT gives that post draft interview and he talks about Lehkonen and Reway, he was glowing about Arti and was the total opposite about Reway. People always think I'm paranoid over it lol but I can totally read between the lines.

That twitter thing, I don't even understand what he's trying to say but I can think of only more bad things to say then good things.

He's saying 'NA'; nothing about the Habs. Can't be good.

This.

I don't understand how people still hope for him to play with the Habs. With this kind of tweet and all the other things that have happened before, it's clear that:

1 - The organization has shown no interrest in signing him so he knows he will never play with us.

2 - He's never had the intention to sign a contract with us.

3 - 1 and 2. He's a ******** headcase, and noone want him around their locker room.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
This.

I don't understand how people still hope for him to play with the Habs. With this kind of tweet and all the other things that have happened before, it's clear that:

1 - The organization has shown no interrest in signing him so he knows he will never play with us.

3 - 1 and 2. He's a ******** headcase, and noone want him around their locker room.

Honestly, what's the point of drafting talent like Reway if you want to freak out about every little thing he posts on instagram. Lets just draft nothing but the Bournivals and Dumonts of the world in the hope that one day, some scientist will be able to convert excess karaktere into tangible hockey talent.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Talk about making a mountain of a mole hill.

Someone comments they wished he was in Chicago, he said it would be nice. They have his countrymen on the team.

Nothing to see here.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Talk about making a mountain of a mole hill.

Someone comments they wished he was in Chicago, he said it would be nice. They have his countrymen on the team.

Nothing to see here.

Yup. People are calling a 20 year old kid a piece of trash for replying to a fan on Instagram. All he even said was thank you, and suggesting that the matter isn't in his hands is suggestive that he is aware that he has a commitment to a different NHL team. It's not like he's in the NHL, he has no competition with Chicago, they have one of the best teams in the world with players that he's familiar with, there's nothing wrong with him saying it'd be cool to play there.

Also, Jake Evans now has a 5 game point streak, only had 1 assist last night in a 5-1 win, but still good to see him produce.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Montreal we have discussed before that since koivu, hAbs seem to have terrible luck with Swedish and Finn picks. I hope one of these years they strike gold like the bloody wings do every 3 years. Any hopes?

I'm still on the Nygren bandwagon, I think he could be a good NHLer for us if that ship hasn't sailed.

Lehkonen has impressed me this year, although his team is stacked offensively, he's certainly one of our top forward prospects and at the very least is interesting. I assume after next season they bring him over and we'll see how it goes. I have been concerned about his lack of size/strength and for a skinny player you would hope he would have that extra gear but he works hard and goes to the dirty areas while being good in his own end so I think the coaching staff will like him.

Vejdemo is still very raw so it's hard to say, he's got the frame and has some offensive skills but needs to put it all together. So far I've been impressed with what I've seen but also think he needs a few years to grow into his frame, get stronger and hopefully continue to progress his offensive game which shows flashes.

1. We hold his rights for another year, if he's not signed by then, we know the organization has no interest in him. Until then we can't say 100% that they have don't have any interest in him. Perhaps they weren't happy with him opting to leave the Q for the Czech league and wanted to see how it panned out.

2. Only Reway knows what his intentions are.

3. Maybe he is a headcase, I don't know him and don't pretend to. I have seen him play a lot and I know he's highly skilled but with holes in his game. He's either going to sign with us by next year or he won't. I don't see the big deal in what he says on the internet, it's what he does on the ice that matters most to me.

I want reway to come over. I think he can help the team immediately

His defensive game needs a lot of work still, Therrien would go nuts having him on the team, as would Lefebvre if he was in the AHL. That said he could certainly help our PP. The problem becomes he was lighting up the Czech league and now he's been a consistent producer in the NLA so far, which means unless he's 100% committed to playing in the NHL someday, it might be hard for him to come over to play in the AHL for 70K or so (granted they could give him a nice signing bonus as a way around it) but not sure management would even do that or not. Guess we'll see.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Speaking of Reway, he had a goal and assist today. Jake Evans also scored already today, his game is still going on tho

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Bergevin said in his press conference that he is willing to take those little gambles like he did for Kassian, Semin and Fleishman this year. Reway falls in this category. You cannot hurt the team by giving him a try, a serious one, and moneywise, I think they can find a way to bring him to the AHL first and paying him more than 70K. With the lack of offense we have it's a chance MB has to take.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Has anyone watched Juulsen play recently? He has bad stats, but looking at the team he's on I'm gonna guess that's not the complete story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->