2015-2016 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So you really aren't saying anything....got it.

And Crisp is not a bust - even if he doesn't play a game in the NHL , he's exactly what a 71th pick in a light draft is supposed to be - an outside chance to even sniff the NHL. Give him another 2-3 years before you label him - although I would never use that term for a 71st pick.

I think that's the point of Grant's put down - you want to be taken seriously, but you are quickly dismissive and make judgement without letting players develop.

Talking about not saying anything.....So I'm not expectin anything just yet about a player and I'm...quickly dismissive? Do you actually read what you write? So Grant doesn't do that huh? Writing people off without letting guys develop and yet...he just tweeted about Duclair being in a slump while Lehkonen is doing wonders in Sweden. And Grant keeps blasting prospects left and right, obviously and especially prospects that aren,t Habs property and he's letting players develop? Are you really telling me that Grant let all prospects develop without having arguments against them? Should we go back and see what Grant had to say about Chabot? Or the Bruins prospects chosen in the 1st round compared to who they "should" have chosen? Should we go back to see what he had and still has to say about Ho-Sang? Increidbly enough, we will rarely be bashed if we praise a guy way too much in advance....but will be bashed if we dislike a pick in advance? Why is that? Isn't praising or bashing in advance NOT letting players develop? Personnally? I don't care. Let McKeen do his immediate draft grade right after the draft. It's fun. Let people voice who they like and dislike right after. All great to see those players progress even for the ones who made great or not so great comments. It,s all in good fun. Can we just let people be fans? Unless somebody, 1 year after a guy was pick is ALREADY calling the said player a bust....why the hell can't we let people voice their opinion especially when said opinion is somewhat on something tangible rather than "I hate his hair" type of comments?

By the way....I couldn't care less if you take me seriously or not. I want to be able to use this board to form an opinion. That's all. You want to talk to me and tell me how wrong I am for this and that reason? Fine. You,re totally entitled to. Couldn't care less about the rest. But the day that this board is solely for pros, just tell me....I'll go somewhere else and let the pros talk, the ones that are never wrong. Don't look though...even the pros can be awfully wrong....and quite often too. And you know what? It's alllll good. Nobody is perfect. Would be nice for pros to realize that about simple fans though.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Simon Bourque having a decent season offensive production wise. Anyone who watches Q have any report on his play?

I've seen a little of him last year and this year. Don't have a real good read on him yet as he wasn't overly noticeable but the good news is that he's a LD and we need them sorely. Interested to see how much he can progress by end of next year before turning pro.

at the very least Audette should be an interesting addition to STJ next year.

40 pts in 25 games.

Or the ECHL. He's clearly got some nice skills but I just never get impressed with him when I see him play. The effort isn't always there and in the few times I've seen him last year and this year he tried to do too much on his own.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I've seen a little of him last year and this year. Don't have a real good read on him yet as he wasn't overly noticeable but the good news is that he's a LD and we need them sorely. Interested to see how much he can progress by end of next year before turning pro.

Or the ECHL. He's clearly got some nice skills but I just never get impressed with him when I see him play. The effort isn't always there and in the few times I've seen him last year and this year he tried to do too much on his own.

you'd think that him getting a pro contract already means that management likes him. i guess it depends on who we still have in STJ next year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
you'd think that him getting a pro contract already means that management likes him. i guess it depends on who we still have in STJ next year.

I don't know, in most cases I would say yes but then again I was very surprised they signed him so early since it's not like there was any risk of losing his rights since his dad works for us. Perhaps I have just caught him on the wrong nights, but I just haven't been impressed at all with him.

From the looks of it they won't have too many incoming rookies to the IceCaps next year unless they sign a few undrafted UFA's. I could see Eisenschmid getting an NHL contract and Didier should if he keeps it up. With so many rookies this year they shouldn't have too many rookies next year since you don't want another big class. Perhaps Addison turns pro as well but we'll see how the season ends up.

kernkraft

Jul 8, 2006
Kanata

I agree with Montreal, more likely he ends up in the ECHL. I wouldn't even be surprised to see him spend an overage season in the Q.

I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong, but I never understood the pick (or the contract). Tiny, not fast, not a hard worker and hasn't produced enough to make up for any of those shortcomings.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
I agree with Montreal, more likely he ends up in the ECHL. I wouldn't even be surprised to see him spend an overage season in the Q.

I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong, but I never understood the pick (or the contract). Tiny, not fast, not a hard worker and hasn't produced enough to make up for any of those shortcomings.

Hasn't produced enough?

40 points in 25 games this year. (1.6 PPG)
73 points in 60 games last year. (1.22 PPG)

How much is he supposed to produce?

I understand the complaints about size and speed, I can see that... but the thing is he has produced about as much as should be expected for a 5th rounder.

kernkraft

Jul 8, 2006
Kanata
Hasn't produced enough?

40 points in 25 games this year. (1.6 PPG)
73 points in 60 games last year. (1.22 PPG)

How much is he supposed to produce?

I understand the complaints about size and speed, I can see that... but the thing is he has produced about as much as should be expected for a 5th rounder.

In the Q? To make up for his many shortcomings? He'd need much more than that to be considered a promising prospect.

We'll see at the end of this season, but 73 points (last year) in the Q is nothing special.

Last edited:

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Tyler Johnson played at 20 in junior, at 19 he had 71 points in 64 games. Audette is on a much higher pace at 19. DD also played junior at 20, plus one year in the ECH at 21. Nothing wrong with that. Audette is a long shot. Don't hold your breathe.

We'll see at the end of this season, but 73 points (last year) in the Q is nothing special.

It's nothing special at 18 not only in the Q, but in the two other league also.

Last edited by a moderator:

kernkraft

Jul 8, 2006
Kanata
Tyler Johnson played at 20 in junior, at 19 he had 71 points in 64 games. Audette is on a much higher pace at 19. DD also played junior at 20, plus one year in the ECH at 21. Nothing wrong with that. Audette is a long shot. Don't hold your breathe.

TJ is an incredibly rare exception. DD had 118 points at the same age Audette currently is.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
It's nothing special at 18 not only in the Q, but in the two other league also.

1.2 ppg is not elite, but its actually pretty good for an 18 year old in any CHL league.

At 19 he's at 1.6.

His offensive numbers are not cause for concern (though other parts of his game are, I grant that).

TJ is an incredibly rare exception. DD had 118 points at the same age Audette currently is.

Not really.

There are plenty of NHL stars (guys who have scored 30 goals or 60 points in a season) who were at around 1.2 PPG for their 18 year old campaign.

1.2 is actually the low cut off point for this with only Lucic, Jeff Carter, and James Neal becoming 30 goal or 60 point scorers while being below that threshold.

That said, I don't expect Audette to become a great NHLer, there are many other things that hold him back.

Just saying that no one should ever be disappointed production wise by a 5th rounder scoring 1.2 PPG in his post draft season. Thats not bad for a 2nd rounder... never mind a 5th.

Last edited by a moderator:

kernkraft

Jul 8, 2006
Kanata
Not really.

There are plenty of NHL stars (guys who have scored 30 goals or 60 points in a season) who were at around 1.2 PPG for their 18 year old campaign.

1.2 is actually the low cut off point for this with only Lucic, Jeff Carter, and James Neal becoming 30 goal or 60 point scorers while being below that threshold.

You're comparing Lucic (6'4 240), Carter (6'4 215 RH center), Neal (6'2 220) to Audette who's barely 5'8. Size isn't everything, but these players bring other elements he'll never have.

The Tyler Johnson comparison made sense (size and production in junior). I haven't done the research, but I'd wager cases like his are incredibly rare.

True he's a 5th rounder, but this pick pisses me off because it's fairly evident it happened only because his dad works for the team. Ditto for that contract.

Last edited:

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
You're comparing Lucic (6'4 240), Carter (6'4 215 RH center), Neal (6'2 220) to Audette who's barely 5'8. Size isn't everything, but these players bring other elements he'll never have.

The Tyler Johnson comparison made sense (size and production in junior). I haven't done the research, but I'd wager cases like his are incredibly rare.

True he's a 5th rounder, but this pick pisses me off because it's fairly evident it happened only because his dad works for the team. Ditto for that contract.

I'm not comparing him to those three....

I'm saying 1.2 is a threshold number that only those three were able to go below at 18 years old and still go on to big things in the NHL 30g or 60 pt plateau.

I'm not even saying that Audette is going to go on to big things.

What I'm saying is that you can have many valid complaints against Audette... if you think he's not fast enough, not big enough, too soft etc... those are all valid.

What doesn't make sense is saying he doesn't produce enough points. For a fifth rounder his point production is fine. He may have other flaws, I agree. But production in the CHL is not one of them.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015

DD 118 points at 19 but 108 at 20. in just over 60 games. Audette is now on a 97 points pace and if plays at 20 he is likely to match DD's pace at the same age. Also, I said Audette is a long shot, so a long shot that makes it is by definition a rare exception.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
DD 118 points at 19 but 108 at 20. in just over 60 games. Audette is now on a 97 points pace and if plays at 20 he is likely to match DD's pace at the same age. Also, I said Audette is a long shot, so a long shot that makes it is by definition a rare exception.

Maybe keep Audette in junior an extra year. Not sure he can beat a guy like Angelo Miceli for a spot in the AHL.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Bourque has been named captain of his junior team. Good for the kid ! Someone record it for posterity in the case we have another ''was Gorges ever captain in Kelowna'' running gag in a few years ;)

kernkraft

Jul 8, 2006
Kanata

Yeah, we pretty much agree I think. We'll see if Audette can keep up the pace though.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Audette most DEFINATELY should stay down there.

Personally, I'd trade him while he's still worth something. Not a pretty year out here in the Townships. Both the GM and the coach fired, the team was winning when Audette was out. Talented bugger, but we hear more and more that he's not a good teammate. I always gave Daniel the benefit of the doubt since he's arrived in Sherbrooke, but something's got to give. That team should be winning more than it has. It has been poor since it's creation, and Audette is one of the sole player who played for the team since junior hockey was back in Sherbrooke. The other guys being Neill and Deslauriers. I was happy when we drafted him, but the further he moves into his career,the less I believe in him.

Just traded Deslauriers... I don't know what they're doing.

Me neither.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Audette will never play in the NHL. He will be playing in the ECHL and AHL next year. Maybe he can be a full time AHL player. That's his ceiling. Like Bozon.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Watching Vejdemo, he's still getting his regular shift on the 3rd line. He's had 1 shot on goal that his linemate just missed putting home the rebound, his line scored a goal but I missed it. He got hit hard into the boards from behind but got right back up. No PP or PK time.

Also Nygren has returned from injury, never heard what it was but his last game was almost a month ago.

Dec 2, 2010
Bit disappointed Addison didn't get a letter with a "barren" team like Ottawa. From talk around the league, he's more of a quiet follower, so maybe it's not that surprising. Still wanted to see an A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad