2015-2016 Around The League IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
They might...might have gotten a tad worse defensively...Subban doesnt have the physical game Weber has but offensively under Lavi..i think they've improved tremendously

Tremendously? As if Weber sucked offensively?

Let's see how Subban adapts to the West.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
You know, I'm really happy Stamkos stayed in Tampa though.

And Adam Henrique must love the Hall trade.

well it is a pretty damn good movie.

only flaw it has that when you've watched it the first time, you can't watch it for the first time ever again.

I don't know how it took me this long to get to it.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Tremendously? As if Weber sucked offensively?

Let's see how Subban adapts to the West.

Keep in mind Subban looked great despite having a terrible coach who had no clue whatsoever how to use him properly. Laviolette on the other hand will know exactly what to do with him, and also has the luxury of a guy in Roman Josi he can put on the other side.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Eh, I think this favors Nashville overall, but it isn't a trade that changes the dynamic of the division. Nashville's defense was going to be strong either way, so now it is just with a change of skill sets.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Keep in mind Subban looked great despite having a terrible coach who had no clue whatsoever how to use him properly. Laviolette on the other hand will know exactly what to do with him, and also has the luxury of a guy in Roman Josi he can put on the other side.

Keep in mind Subban played in the weaker east, his higher cap hit and his not so good intangibles. We will see. I'm not panicking because PK is in our divison now.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Keep in mind Subban played in the weaker east, his higher cap hit and his not so good intangibles. We will see. I'm not panicking because PK is in our divison now.

Really? I think given how little it took to get into the playoffs in the West that myth has kinda been dispelled. And of course it was an Eastern team that won it all this season.

It's not reason to panic, but IMO the only thing really holding Nashville back was a solid offensive dynamic, and in acquiring Subban and Johansen I believe they really got that dynamic to add to their already potent defense. They will definitely make waves in an already-tough division.

EDIT: Oh, and that Weber contract may carry a lower cap hit but far, far more risk because it carries serious cap recapture penalties if he ends up retiring before he turns 40. And there's the simple fact that Bergevin just traded an elite player's 27-31 years for another elite player's 31-40 years.

Last edited:

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Unless I misunderstood, it's Nashville that would still have to pay those recapture penalties, not Montreal.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Been out all night. How does Weber for Subban make sense?? Montreal took on the same contract for an older guy, no?

Hall for Larsson? WTF? I like Larsson. But Hall? Was RNH not enough? And why?

Love Stamkos to TB. Love it.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Shea Weber has become a top pairing dman that plays like a perfect 2nd pairing dman. He doesn't really do anything useful with the puck but makes safe plays and blocks lanes and stuff. He still has a great shot but doubt he'll be putting up 20 PP goals in Montreal. PK Subban on the other hand despite more giveaways, does far more good for a team and he'll have Josi still to make the safe plays.

I can't believe they didn't ask for a pick or prospect or something back from Nashville considering the age difference or something. They could've asked for Samuel Girard at the least, he's even French but wow just not good negotiation.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
The recapture penalty for Weber is INSANE. Assuming this is accurate. Which it may not be.

FVONKh9.png

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
EDIT: Oh, and that Weber contract may carry a lower cap hit but far, far more risk because it carries serious cap recapture penalties if he ends up retiring before he turns 40. And there's the simple fact that Bergevin just traded an elite player's 27-31 years for another elite player's 31-40 years.

Montreal has little at risk in recapture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad