Prospect Info: 2015 18th overall - Thomas Chabot (D) Saint John Sea Dogs

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Some scouting reports I read said he was a few tweaks away from being in the same company as Hanifin, Provorov and Werenski.

I like this pick. Our draft record speaks for itself. Some people on here talk out of the ass and haven't seen most of the prospects on the board in any facet. Relax.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Some scouting reports I read said he was a few tweaks away from being in the same company as Hanifin, Provorov and Werenski.

I like this pick. Our draft record speaks for itself. Some people on here talk out of the ass and haven't seen most of the prospects on the board in any facet. Relax.

It's blatantly obvious who those people are.

Everyone wanted a big PM, LHD to replace Wiercoch. Well that is Chabot in a few years. He has the size and speed to be that guy. Defensively responsible, but offensively geared

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Good offensively. Good defensively. Great skater. Good smarts. Decent size. Riser over the year.

Love this pick.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Chabots favorite team is the Montreal Canadiens.

That automatically means i hate him. Trade him. Can't have Hab fans on this team.

:sarcasm:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Don't know much about this kid, but if he is as good a skater and a elusive as folks say, then I'm happy. That's one area on the team where we need a massive boost. Consistently trending upward is a very good sign.

Not a 'wow' pick, but it's hard to get any 'wow' type guys outside the top 10.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
It's a good pick, and i think he's french. so all you making fun of him xD

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Chabots favorite team is the Montreal Canadiens.

That automatically means i hate him. Trade him. Can't have Hab fans on this team.

:sarcasm:

He's French, what did you expect, most young players seem to like the stinking Leafs.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Good skater and puck skills. Improving defensive game

From the mock draft thread
The Vancouver Canucks are proud to select Thomas Chabot. Write up will come shortly. I kinda wanted to take Bracco but i dont think the canucks will do that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3bDwbI55Gs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHR-iAKOW-s

you can barely telling he has a swedish accent. he was actually born in Ste-Marie-de-Beauce but moved to Stockholm

improving and progressing defensive game is a very positive sign as hes putting it together with his evlusivness and puckskills

Wait, he's Swedish? That changes everything, what a steal!

CCM19

Not Phased
Apr 2, 2015
Every single pick in the draft is "meh". Nobody actually knows who is going to excel once they reach the NHL. Just gotta let the dominos fall in order.

Chabot looks like a really good skating defensemen. Can obviously control the puck very well, and that tall body of his is definitely great to have. He can definitely put on more muscle and this guy could surprise us all.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Chabot's a garbage pick

As far as making a splash, Bryan Murray tossed a pebble into the lake that was Round 1 of the NHL draft last night.

Worked last time :popcorn:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It's worth noting that out of his 41 points this season, 27 of them came at even strength. He's shown the ability to put up points without the man advantage.

He starts clicking on the powerplay a bit more and maybe we start wondering how we got him at 18.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It's blatantly obvious who those people are.

Everyone wanted a big PM, LHD to replace Wiercoch. Well that is Chabot in a few years. He has the size and speed to be that guy. Defensively responsible, but offensively geared

It's the same BS every draft. "Hate this pick" or "eff Murray" or "can't believe we passed on player X."

Said the same **** about Zibanejad and Lazar. Said the same **** about Paul and Turris.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
defensively he still has a long way to go. That will be the biggest issue in him developing into an nhler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad