Prospect Info: 2015 18th overall - Thomas Chabot (D) Saint John Sea Dogs

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
anything can happen in a 7 game series.. they may be the favs but injuries, bad calls, etc

Of course, but they are far, FAR and away the best team in the league.

The only game they've lost in the last 15 was to Charlottetown (2nd best team) at the end of the regular season when they didn't dress 10 guys, including 5 of the best players in the whole league (Chabot/Gauthier/Joseph/Smallman/Bourque), and the best goalie in the Q in Callum Booth.

That's 6 NHL drafted kids, 3 of which were World Junior players for Canada this year.

I'd be very surprised if they lost more than 3 games the whole playoffs.

Last edited:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I'm really trying hard not to get aboard the hype train because I really really want him to spend significant time in the AHL next year and be allowed to develop his game properly.

of all the prospects to not ruin, Chabot is the one who needs to be handled absolutely perfectly.

That being said, this kid is a stud. it's been a while since the Sens have had a legitimate blue chip prospect.

I really want him to play with Karlsson all of next season and replace Methot as his partner.

Then Boucher should change his strategy of always playing defence first and put Hoffman Turris Stone together.

Play Hoffman Turris Stone Chabot Karlsson as a 5 man unit as much as is possible.

Chabot plays with the smartest players on the team who are responsible defensively to back Chabot up and all have the talent to shoot, pass, creativity etc.

Putting Chabot in the AHL doesn't really help him. He learns how to play with and against much less talented players without creativity. It would be like junior except he would have all these grinders as teammates.

The best way to protect Chabot and max out his potential is to play him with the very best players we have. That shelters him to a degree. He is not going to need to lead the offence. He is the 5th best on the ice of the skaters on his team. His mistakes are more easily mitigated by playing with the best players we have. He is constantly challenges by other teams top players so he learns and grows but is not overwhelmed because he is playing with all first liners. He gets to learn to be even more creative because if he makes a sick pass his teammates will be aware and anticipate it instead of in the AHL where it possibly leads to nothing.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Why? As a RD he will become one of the best puck retriever...

I am fully onboard with playing your offside, your handedness doesn't decide the side you play like some believe for some reason.

In saying that, Chabot loses his evasiveness in the offensive zone that is a huge part of his game. I wouldn't change a players strengths to fit a teams system, but it seems like Biucher as his mindset on Chabot playing the right side because he isn't inept with the puck like the rest of our left side...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad