PMD, couple of years away, if not more.

eliteprospects: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=213607

hfprospects thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1772001

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Good skater and puck skills. Improving defensive game

From the mock draft thread
The Vancouver Canucks are proud to select Thomas Chabot. Write up will come shortly. I kinda wanted to take Bracco but i dont think the canucks will do that

A natural athlete, Thomas Chabot grew up in Sweden boxing and playing Tennis as a youth before switching full time to hockey at age 11. Despite starting so late he quickly excelled through the Swedish amateur ranks before being drafted by St.Johns in the QMJHL import draft. Chabot possesses strong puck skills and pin point passing ability that when coupled with fast developing hockey sense and strong athletic traits make him a great prospective two way defender. Showing a willingness to adapt and learn Chabot has quickly risen through the draft ranks and will make a solid choice for any team willing to be patient with the up and coming younger defender.

you can barely telling he has a swedish accent. he was actually born in Ste-Marie-de-Beauce but moved to Stockholm

improving and progressing defensive game is a very positive sign as hes putting it together with his evlusivness and puckskills

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Congratulations on getting Chabot. Here's my shift by shift video to show his style of play:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
6'2, great skater, excellent puckmover, rose throughout the year

Good pick. Liked him more than Zboril.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Surprise but he seems decent, very far from nhl atm imo

That is more than okay with me, I like it when we've had guys on Bingo for 2-3 years before their debut. Lets develop prospects the right way. With the organizational depth we have, there is no reason why we shouldnt.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Gosh im not sure what to think. Im not sure if there was better players available but what i do know is that his skating his so slippery. Makes me excited to have him.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
He's one of those prospects with a lot of upside and you cna't really find anything wrong wiht his game.

Saying Meh just makes you look silly. Clearly have never watched the guy.

Jakub

Resu Deretsiger
Jun 26, 2013
Moonbeam, Ontario
That is more than okay with me, I like it when we've had guys on Bingo for 2-3 years before their debut. Lets develop prospects the right way. With the organizational depth we have, there is no reason why we shouldnt.

I totally agree, let them acclimatize to the organization. Who knows about Colin White?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
The kid skates beautifully and he is a LD a HUGE need for us filled. No more slow bums like Gryba, Weircioch and Phillips.

Poor mans Jay Bo imo.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
He's one of those prospects with a lot of upside and you cna't really find anything wrong wiht his game.

Saying Meh just makes you look silly. Clearly have never watched the guy.

just doesnt excite me. Long-term, more-or-less generic PMD. Maybe we hit the lottery and got another karlsson-type, and i'm not going full brennan with the 'garbage pick' idea. I know he's high potential, he's just really not that 'sexy' a pick for me. Meh means meh, not boo, just meh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad