Prospect Info: 2015-16 Top 20 Flyers Prospects, #4

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
After 177 votes Ghost leads by 10. Should I call it now and start poll #5?

I reckon so... I think even though the lead is comparatively narrow, given that the last two polls had ~50 and ~60 less votes the votes are close-ish to saturation point, and that if left open for even a few more days there would only be dribs of votes from here on out, and Ghost would still win.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
That's really not true. Generally they mean at least something. The guys projected to go in the top 20 or so of a given draft are going to be the best group of players in the draft, and on average are going to be at least solid NHL players. You may find someone outside of those guys that is better than most of them, and you'll definitely find a few in there that won't make it, but you won't find another group of 20 or so players that come close to them. In relation to Konecny, it means he has a great shot of being a solid NHL player.
Great shot, sure. Guaranteed? No.
I understand that, which is why I said it. I get that you don't want to say anyone is a guarantee, but players with his talent, compete level, and willingness to play a two-way game can be effective checking forwards even if their offense fails. If he's not able to play his game, he'll still be able to be effective in a different role. Outside of injuries I don't see much that would hold him back from being an NHL player, and I really do not believe you can predict or project injuries. With Ghost, I don't see what he can be if he's not able to play his game at the NHL level.
Agree to disagree. I just love Gostisbehere's game. I would be very surprised if he doesn't become a top 4 guy and an impact guy at that (not to mention the only guy that has shown the ability to play the right side). He's just got too many 'plus' tools and most importantly, his compete level is off the charts. He wants to be an impact guy.

I have Konecny 5, so its not ridiculous to place him above Gostisbehere, but I don't think Konecny is any more or less likely to be an NHL player and for me Gostisbehere has a bit more upside to his game imo.

As has been said before, its nice to be able to debate quality prospects. :)

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Great shot, sure. Guaranteed? No.
Agree to disagree. I just love Gostisbehere's game. I would be very surprised if he doesn't become a top 4 guy and an impact guy at that (not to mention the only guy that has shown the ability to play the right side). He's just got too many 'plus' tools and most importantly, his compete level is off the charts. He wants to be an impact guy.

I have Konecny 5, so its not ridiculous to place him above Gostisbehere, but I don't think Konecny is any more or less likely to be an NHL player and for me Gostisbehere has a bit more upside to his game imo.

As has been said before, its nice to be able to debate quality prospects. :)

I find it refreshing that we are saying a lot of the same thing for our top prospects. IE. High compete level. Wants to be an impact player. Always looking to improve. High iq. Ect. Appears the team is being built from the ground up for once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad